Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Services on the quay

• 22-07-2011 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Anyone know whats going on at the quay. Mrs Nutzzz just rang me to say there are squad cars, coast guard and fire service down there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Seen one of the girls mention it on Facebook. Wonder is she Mrs nuttz. Although probably more than one person in town now haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

It aint her seanybiker.
    If there is only 1 person in town its time to worry. :D

We need updates. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Copter flying over ballybricken/hypercentre for last two hours

Supposedly some fella jumped in and someone went after him. That's about the only rumour I heard so far. Soon enough we will hear its the Dali lama gone for a swim to clean the flour off himself or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Hopefully it was something innocent - somebody prob seen that mad german heading jumpin in for his daily swim in the nip and tought it was something more sinister .. when I drove by the emergency services seem to have backed down fairly quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

The red 'n' white chopper flew over the house about an hour or more ago heading that way. Any further updates?

Jambo wrote: »
    Hopefully it was something innocent - somebody prob seen that mad german heading jumpin in for his daily swim in the nip and tought it was something more sinister .. when I drove by the emergency services seem to have backed down fairly quickly
    Is he still going? Jaysus he been around for years

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Christ this forum is like one big episode of Crime Call lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    We need updates. :)

Heard it was the topless Spanish fella starting a long distance topless swim for the Guiness book.....The boys were there to wish him well....

• Advertisement

chelloveks wrote: »
    Heard it was the topless Spanish fella starting a long distance topless swim for the Guiness book.....The boys were there to wish him well....

No photographers allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Up to about half an hour ago, there was a load of civil defence gathered under the new bridge. There was only 2 of them for ages as the helicopter was flying up the river, but then there was about 6. All of them are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lemons

They're still searching. Just seen three with torches searching around Adelphi Quay.

lemons wrote: »
    They're still searching. Just seen three with torches searching around Adelphi Quay.
    Obviously not going to be positive news from this one. I was hoping it was training when I saw the coast guard helicopter, but that looks unlikely now. ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Up to about half an hour ago, there was a load of civil defence gathered under the new bridge. There was only 2 of them for ages as the helicopter was flying up the river, but then there was about 6. All of them are gone now.

If they're up around Grannagh, they are usually looking for something to wash up.

Hope this doesn't end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Jambo wrote: »
    somebody prob seen that mad german heading jumpin in for his daily swim in the nip and tought it was something more sinister .

Does this really happen? I've heard many stories of homeless people and other wackos swimming in and even across the river every now and then but I'm not sure if I believe them or not.
    I can't imagine anybody could make it across unless is was during the short period of the tides changing direction and the river sits still. Either way, the thoughts of getting in there gives me the shivers :(

wmpdd3 wrote: »

If they're up around Grannagh, they are usually looking for something to wash up.

Hope this doesn't end badly.
    Yeah, the first I saw of the helicopter, it came up as far as the bridge and went back towards town. Then it went up as far as Grannagh castle before coming back. Each time it went further up river towards Mt.Congreve. With the tide going up at the time, it makes sense that they'd search that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

One of the girls on facebook is living on the quay and she said there's a sign asking everyone to have their passports ready, whatever that's about.

Kizzles wrote: »
    One of the girls on facebook is living on the quay and she said there's a sign asking everyone to have their passports ready, whatever that's about.
    What? Who carries their passports with them!? Is this for motorists or pedestrians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

motorists i think. yeah it's very odd. who the hell just carries their passport around?!

• Advertisement

Passports. That's odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

These threads make twitter football transfer rumours seem reliable.

mike65 wrote: »
    These threads make twitter football transfer rumours seem reliable.

Marradonna is going to johnville on loan for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Kizzles wrote: »

Yea a friend of mine on Facebook posted that today the sign says " welcome to adelphi quay,please have your passports ready".. wft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Saw this on Waterford Marine Search & Rescue Facebook Page:

At 00.40 hrs crews of the Waterford Marine Search and Rescue Service recovered a body from the river suir in waterford city. Our thoughts are with the family at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Does this really happen? I've heard many stories of homeless people and other wackos swimming in and even across the river every now and then but I'm not sure if I believe them or not.
    I can't imagine anybody could make it across unless is was during the short period of the tides changing direction and the river sits still. Either way, the thoughts of getting in there gives me the shivers :(

seen it with me own eyes, thou i dont think its daily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

you would wonder why people would do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

still lookin for a second afaih

Hoffmans wrote: »
    still lookin for a second afaih
    Another double tragedy on that river by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

From what I heard someone fell off a boat into the river last night and the body was recovered this morning.

Have not heard of a second person being seacrhed for unless this perosn went in after the first to try to rescue.

Advertisement