Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of practice looking for new pc

Options
  • 22-07-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

It's time for a new home pc to be used by my husband and I. It has been years since I took a screwdriver to the inside of a pc - I think 2gb as 4x512 was the best ram last time I opened a tower (and a bag of tayto cost 2 and 6 pence). I would be reasonably happy to slit things together but I'm way to far out of things to know what is compatible with what and which components perform best. The machine will primarily be used for home office applications. We have quite a lot of media (movies, photos, documentation) so a minimum of 3 Tb hard drive space and my husband likes to work with lots of documents open symultanrously (8th ram maybe?) the applications will be office, photoshop and academic software. I have licences for all the software but would need an os (windows probably). We dont play games at all and rarely watch movies on pcs so sound graphics less importsnt. have at the moment are laptops so essentially I'm looking for everything from scratch. Budget is absolutely limited at €1500 ideally to include a descent sized monitor (or 2 smaller ones for dual screens) but if this is unfradonale I have an old monitor I can use until budget increases.

Thanks for any suggestions for what we should be looking for.

Comments

Advertisement