Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Redlion wrote: »
    Was able to get 2.

Just one question, I chose standing, but ticketmaster displays my ticket as:
    Section: STAND
    Row: G7

Anyone else know why it's giving me G7?

Ticketmaster always give a section and seat number for standing tickets at the O2. It's just there way of keeping track on the numbers. I got standing tickets aswell and it says the exact same. It's explained in the ticketmaster FAQ's also. You can stand wherever you want with those tickets. It's not divided in any sections, rows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Are the standing sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Are the standing sold out?

yup, fml

• Registered Users Posts: 4 superdelpiero

got 2 standing!

but there is the same name on all tickets, is that normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

Are they sold out now? I can't get sitting or standing, was checking it there. I've already got my ticket though this is just for a mate who can't get theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Keep an eye on ticketmaster during the day I wouldn't be surprised if they play on the saturday night as well.

Are they sold out now? I can't get sitting or standing, was checking it there. I've already got my ticket though this is just for a mate who can't get theirs.

yes sold out, they sold out in 3 mins its now 9.33

Fegten wrote: »

Alright, just took me a while to find this thread. :rolleyes: Lucky I got my standing one then. :eek:

On the site it says "New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears." Is that true? And does it mean right before the event or what? Anyone ever get tickets like that after they sold out?

Fegten wrote: »

Did you get any Fegten? I got mine on the MCD presale last night. An extra night will surely be added later today. Ticketmaster will know from the hits on the website how many didn't get tickets and can judge demand for an extra night from that.

Did you get any Fegten? I got mine on the MCD presale last night. An extra night will surely be added later today. Ticketmaster will know from the hits on the website how many didn't get tickets and can judge demand for an extra night from that.

Ticketmaster always do that, waiting to hear the announcement later on today

"Due to popular demand a second date has been added"

Hope you's get sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Redlion wrote: »
    Was able to get 2.

Just one question, I chose standing, but ticketmaster displays my ticket as:
    Section: STAND
    Row: G7

Anyone else know why it's giving me G7?

Ticketmaster always give a section and seat number for standing tickets at the O2. It's just there way of keeping track on the numbers. I got standing tickets aswell and it says the exact same. It's explained in the ticketmaster FAQ's also. You can stand wherever you want with those tickets. It's not divided in any sections, rows etc.
    Cheers for clearing that up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Got mine :D 3 standing. Reckon a second date will be added anytime now. Roll on Nov 4th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

got 2 sitting tickets !!! BRING IT !!!

I booked mine on the presale last night but haven't received my confirmation email yet. All the info including the confirmation number is on my ticketmaster account when I log in though and my card has been debited. Just wondering why the email hasn't come through yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bit of chaos this morning,in Espana,tried ringing to book a ticket.Rang @ 8.58 as it takes 2 mins to go through menu,told no tickets!!Refreshed find tickets page,no standing tickets!!!Pissed off,thanks to my mate at home,got a ticket,hope it's standing?!What's the story with the credit card?Do I really have to borrow/present his credit card(happy times max it out,lol)?I'm for the prevention of resales/anti touting?

i didnt unfortuneatly no :/

D1976 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster always do that, waiting to hear the announcement later on today

"Due to popular demand a second date has been added"

Should I just be watching the TicketMaster website for this or the RHCP one or is there any other place that's good for ticket news as soon as it happens? Though I suppose it makes sense that those two would be my best bet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

Should I just be watching the TicketMaster website for this or the RHCP one or is there any other place that's good for ticket news as soon as it happens? Though I suppose it makes sense that those two would be my best bet. :pac:

That's exactly what I'm wondering as well, really need to know asap, as I'm going away :/

Missed my chance this morning due to pure stupidy. My phone battery died in the middle of the night and apparently the alarm doesn't go off when it's totally dead. Woke up at 9:43 and nearly had a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

sick i didnt get tickets, really upset. Husband is a massive fan. Would you say they'll sell more:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Please say they'll announce another date?

When do they usually add on another date after sizing up demand? On the same day or next week or what?

• Advertisement

I'm devastated, is there any chance you'd be able to get one closer to the date or are they definitely checking the ID at the entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TimeToWander

Hmm..Is there a big chance that they'l play a second date?
    I think I might kill myself if they do....I had to get a seating ticket away from my friends...

Hmm..Is there a big chance that they'l play a second date?
    I think I might kill myself if they do....I had to get seating...

nice name

Aruba08 wrote: »
    sick i didnt get tickets, really upset. Husband is a massive fan. Would you say they'll sell more:(

RHCP have no gig scheduled for the 5th and 6th (they play London on the 7th). All you can do is hope that the dates kept free are intentional and that an extra date will be added. Ticketmaster will guage demand based on the hits on the site this morning!!!they'll have a good idea of whether they can sell another 10-13k tickets from that info. Keep watching ticketmaster site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

got 2 seated tickets !!! victory

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TimeToWander

nice name

hahahaha brilliant.

No.5 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm wondering as well, really need to know asap, as I'm going away :/

Missed my chance this morning due to pure stupidy. My phone battery died in the middle of the night and apparently the alarm doesn't go off when it's totally dead. Woke up at 9:43 and nearly had a heart attack.

I can't believe I managed to get one. My friend was getting three including mine so I was lucky she got them. I still managed to get up just before nine though, not sure why. Probably a good thing I did 'cause my other mates are all depressed about not getting tickets and I'm trying to cheer them up.

It makes sense that they'd add another date though. The 5th and the 6th are free before they go to the UK, so they'll probably add a date in Belfast or Dublin. Hopefully!

And I set two alarms even though I didn't have to get up. One didn't go off because apparently iPod ones don't go off when the iPod is off, but good old Nokias always do. Good luck with the tickets if they add a date! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Would I be right in saying that all three London dates have sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

I can't believe I managed to get one. My friend was getting three including mine so I was lucky she got them. I still managed to get up just before nine though, not sure why. Probably a good thing I did 'cause my other mates are all depressed about not getting tickets and I'm trying to cheer them up.

It makes sense that they'd add another date though. The 5th and the 6th are free before they go to the UK, so they'll probably add a date in Belfast or Dublin. Hopefully!

And I set two alarms even though I didn't have to get up. One didn't go off because apparently iPod ones don't go off when the iPod is off, but good old Nokias always do. Good luck with the tickets if they add a date! :)

Aw, you're such a good mate.Well done on getting a ticket :D

Yeah I was thinking that, perhaps the two free days were deliberate. Here's hoping!

Mm, think I'll revert to an old Nokia again, I'm disgusted at my Sony Ericsson.

Does anyone know if the announcements about extra dates usually come on the day the tickets sellout? Or wis it usually in a few days time?

• Advertisement

There are no concerts on in the O2 on the saturday night so hopefully they will play that night as well.

So ticketmaster if you're looking at this, stop wrecking peoples heads and put the second night up for sale, and another thing would it be so hard to put up a Sold Out icon over the date to save people from having to go through the process of thinking they might have a chance of getting a ticket.

Here's one for you, feel free to use and resize

soldOut.gif

Advertisement