Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

With the tickets selling out so fast I'd say it's a sure bet that they'll add a second night, either Thursday or Saturday providing one of those nights is available in the O2! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

No.5 wrote: »
    Aw, you're such a good mate.Well done on getting a ticket :D

Yeah I was thinking that, perhaps the two free days were deliberate. Here's hoping!

Mm, think I'll revert to an old Nokia again, I'm disgusted at my Sony Ericsson.

Does anyone know if the announcements about extra dates usually come on the day the tickets sellout? Or wis it usually in a few days time?

Aha, cheers!

I know it's completely off the point but Sony Ericssons are a waste of time, Nokias are the only job.

And that's exactly what I was wondering. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

George Michael is in the O2 on the Thursday night so I'd say its Saturday night or nothing.

Fingers crossed for a Saturday night gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Heres a link that offers tickets for RHCP but at a ridiculous price!! its a ticket nonetheless

http://www.needaticket.ie/product_info.php?products_id=1591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Fegten wrote: »
    Heres a link that offers tickets for RHCP but at a ridiculous price!! its a ticket nonetheless

****ing scum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    ****ing scum

who me or the link :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Got seated tickets. Was gutted I didn't get standing ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Fegten wrote: »

I hope they dont sell any according to below and worse still i hope people dont get stung,

Important Information
    In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.

Im fairly sure thats only if you bought them online. When you collect your ticket you will have to show them the credit card you used to buy it and some id. If you bought your ticket from a ticketmaster outlet you dont have to collect it at the venue (becasue you already have it) so they won't look for the credit card. At least thats the way it was with electric picnic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

D1976 wrote: »

Important Information
    In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.

Can you just imagine them stopping 15,000 people and checking that all their paperwork is in order? :eek:

It's just simply not gonna happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah, and each person can buy up to 4 tickets and their name goes on all of them so according to those rules these tickets would be unusable by anyone other than the person who bought them. I doesnt make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Well, I had to use my Mom's Visa to buy them as the pre-sale wouldn't accept Laser. There's no way she's letting me take her credit card to the concert so I hope they'll let me in. I wonder would a photo copy of her credit card work along with the receipt... ugh... effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'll bring that aul wans card just in case, but there shouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

D1976 wrote: »
    There are no concerts on in the O2 on the saturday night so hopefully they will play that night as well.

So ticketmaster if you're looking at this, stop wrecking peoples heads and put the second night up for sale, and another thing would it be so hard to put up a Sold Out icon over the date to save people from having to go through the process of thinking they might have a chance of getting a ticket.

Here's one for you, feel free to use and resize

soldOut.gif

In all fairness, from what I gather, Ticketmaster have no power to announce another date until MCD give go ahead and they said it would be a week before the public knew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

MackQ wrote: »
    Can you just imagine them stopping 15,000 people and checking that all their paperwork is in order? :eek:

It's just simply not gonna happen.
    They've done it before, so don't see why they can't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StrangeDaze

This is doing my f€cking head in :( I've been hitting refresh on Ticketmaster since 9am, at this rate I'll have RSI and have torn all my hair out ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emilyspoon

Anyone else miss out on chili pepper tickets because of mastercards new 'security' scheme?? I had my tickets on hold in ticketmaster.ie but my mastercard wouldn't work because they asked for some security info. I entered all the info. They asked for, but it wouldn't work, in the end my time ran kit and I lost the tickets!!

There was no word of warning about this from mastercard!! Its really started off my back holiday on the wrong foot!!!!
    karaokeman wrote: »
    Tickets go o
    n sale next friday apparently.

Can't wait, its been long enough:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emilyspoon

Anyone else miss out on chili pepper tickets because of mastercards new 'security' scheme?? I had my tickets on hold in ticketmaster.ie but my mastercard wouldn't work because they asked for some security info. I entered all the info. They asked for, but it wouldn't work, in the end my time ran kit and I lost the tickets!!

There was no word of warning about this from mastercard!! Its really started off my back holiday on the wrong foot!!!!

Hope some of you had better luck than I did!
    karaokeman wrote: »
    I queued all night for the Slane gig. Such a dream line-up that year!

Sigh I kind of knew the answer to my question would be of course :p

I just have to hope i get online on time or whatever!

Haven't been this excited about a gig in ages!!

I really want to camp outside ticketmaster and wait all night but I don't know if I can. Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, its like the visa system but MC have just introduced it(for us at least). Its f'cking pain. The card I use is locked out right now due to too many attempts, all the details were spot on but the bloody thing wont accept anything, thats why I used the visa for these tix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I know tickets are sold out online but has anyone been around town, soundcellar, freebird records (if that's still open) etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Phil Cawley just said on Today fm that his sources have told him that RHCP will be in Dublin for one night only and that a second date will not be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

That's just typical:/
    Was really thinking, they'd add an extra date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

No.5 wrote: »
    That's just typical:/
    Was really thinking, they'd add an extra date

He didn't say where he got that info from but I must admit it's unusual that the extra date hasn't been added yet. It's usually done within a couple of hours being honest. All the arrangements would have been made for an extra date well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

He didn't say where he got that info from but I must admit it's unusual that the extra date hasn't been added yet. It's usually done within a couple of hours being honest. All the arrangements would have been made for an extra date well in advance.

True, it's been quite a while now.
    Although I remember when Michael Bublé sold out last year, the extra date wasn't released until about a week later. Totally different artist, I know, but still...I think I'm clutching at straws though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

Damnit. Really hope Cawley was wrong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

MadYaker wrote: »
    Im fairly sure thats only if you bought them online. When you collect your ticket you will have to show them the credit card you used to buy it and some id. If you bought your ticket from a ticketmaster outlet you dont have to collect it at the venue (becasue you already have it) so they won't look for the credit card. At least thats the way it was with electric picnic last year.

Hi all I was up at Ticketmaster in Maynooth early this morning to buy my ticket (thank God I got it before the sellout part, standing too:D).

I honestly had no idea we would be asked for I.D but I brought my driving license as my dad had to collect me and bring me for a lesson.

I was wondering what will I need to bring to the O2 on the night?

Would it be acceptable to just bring my ticket and my driving license as they are asking for THE SAME document I used as I.D?

Or would I need to bring the receipt as well cause I saw something about that too.

Im a bit confused about this too. The guy working in the ticketmaster office said we have to have ID and that the name on the ticket must match the ID to confirm that the ticket is yours. But not everyone bought their own ticket. Any 1 person can buy up to 4 tickets with their name going on all of them. So if your friend buys your ticket for you, his name is on it so how can you use it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

MadYaker wrote: »
    Im a bit confused about this too. The guy working in the ticketmaster office said we have to have ID and that the name on the ticket must match the ID to confirm that the ticket is yours. But not everyone bought their own ticket. Any 1 person can buy up to 4 tickets with their name going on all of them. So if your friend buys your ticket for you, his name is on it so how can you use it???

I believe you just have to go in with whoever's name is on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Oh god, freaking out now. Can somebody please tell what's the story? I bought my tickets with my moms credit card because I'm under 18. Her name will be on the tickets. Will I be allowed in?? :O :( I've read here that we need the card that the tickets were bought off, but does the card owner need to be present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bridcork wrote: »
    Oh god, freaking out now. Can somebody please tell what's the story? I bought my tickets with my moms credit card because I'm under 18. Her name will be on the tickets. Will I be allowed in?? :O :( I've read here that we need the card that the tickets were bought off, but does the card owner need to be present?

Youl be fine. They never ask for ID for the tickets.

Advertisement