Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

I really hope its the 'Optimum Standing' arrangement :) I do very much doubt it as well though. I was very surprised they were even doing an indoor gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

Saaron wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the same predicament as you. I used my Mom's card as they didn't take Laser but she's not going to give me her card for the gig incase it goes missing + she'd have to send it to me through the post from Kerry. So Just hoping they'll let us in :(

I wonder would a photocopy of the credit card work...? Not sure it would but I think for me that's my only option right now :/

Im the same, used my ma's credit to buy the tickets for me and my mate. she said she will give me the credit card on the night but will i not need ID aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

ginasdnb wrote: »
    Im the same, used my ma's credit to buy the tickets for me and my mate. she said she will give me the credit card on the night but will i not need ID aswell??

You'll need your ID, yes! But you also need the card used to pay for the tickets and the receipt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I could imagine if the majority of people somehow forgot their ID on the night and it was only like 1,000 that showed up.

That would be a disaster, I'll be sure to remember mine:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SirPsycoSexy39

how would they decide who gets the extra standing tickets if they changed the lay out to the normal standing?? give them to whoever's seats have been removed??

• Advertisement

how would they decide who gets the extra standing tickets if they changed the lay out to the normal standing?? give them to whoever's seats have been removed??

I think the seating/standing arrangements have been set from the beginning, but the example of the seating layout on the Ticketmaster website probably isn't what they're going to use for the gig?

I don't think they can change tickets from seating to standing since the tickets have already been sold and everyone will already have been allocated their seated or standing tickets.

At least I think so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SirPsycoSexy39

I think the seating/standing arrangements have been set from the beginning, but the example of the seating layout on the Ticketmaster website probably isn't what they're going to use for the gig?

I don't think they can change tickets from seating to standing since the tickets have already been sold and everyone will already have been allocated their seated or standing tickets.

At least I think so..

ahhh yeah prob right ...devastated i only got seated was like tenth in the queue and had someone at home on the computer still only seated available :( with the energy RHCP create you really need to be able to move your body!!

You'll need your ID, yes! But you also need the card used to pay for the tickets and the receipt :)

cool,thanks. would i not need ID to prove the card used was mine and not my mams though, or is it ok if i just have the card with my mams name, receipt and tickets and my own ID.thanks again

ginasdnb wrote: »
    cool,thanks. would i not need ID to prove the card used was mine and not my mams though, or is it ok if i just have the card with my mams name, receipt and tickets and my own ID.thanks again

From what I can gather from the website is that they just want physical proof of the card used to buy the tickets and then the receipt (and of course your own I.D).

I don't think they're looking for I.D belonging to the cardholder as having the Credit Card itself is enough proof to say you bought them fairly and not off someone trying to sell them for a higher price.

If you bought the tickets off someone who was re-selling them they wouldn't give you their credit card as I can't see any stranger handing over their credit card to another stranger.

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

ok im a little confused, so you have to have proof you paid for your ticket at ticketmaster and not at one of those secondhand websites or scouters by showing your credit card but what if you paid by cash?

• Advertisement

leemurf wrote: »
    ok im a little confused, so you have to have proof you paid for your ticket at ticketmaster and not at one of those secondhand websites or scouters by showing your credit card but what if you paid by cash?

I think you need proof that you paid for it through any of the official websites. I got mine through CrowdSurge so the receipt should say that I purchased it there.

I have no idea about the people who paid with cash though, it might say you paid with cash on the ticket/receipt? Do you have to give any details when you pay by cash? Like your name etc that may appear on the ticket..? ..I really don't know.

But it doesn't make sense that they need credit card proof from people who paid with a credit card but I guess they don't mind people who paid with cash going and selling their ticket for a higher price...

Email Ticketmaster possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

I think you need proof that you paid for it through any of the official websites. I got mine through CrowdSurge so the receipt should say that I purchased it there.

I have no idea about the people who paid with cash though, it might say you paid with cash on the ticket/receipt? Do you have to give any details when you pay by cash? Like your name etc that may appear on the ticket..? ..I really don't know.

But it doesn't make sense that they need credit card proof from people who paid with a credit card but I guess they don't mind people who paid with cash going and selling their ticket for a higher price...

Email Ticketmaster possibly?

When you pay in cash they take your name and it is printed on the bottom of the ticket the same as one bought online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Hang on a second, everyone thinks they'll actually enforce this?
    Is this just not a counter measure to scare off people buying from touts?
    I'll bring a copy of confirmation email I suppose, wasn't planning to, but I definitely won't have credit card used.
    I'd be amazed if I have any problems and if I do there will be blue murder!
    I just cant see it happening, it would be highly impractical, if not impossible to check even half those attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

Nunu wrote: »
    Is this just not a counter measure to scare off people buying from touts?
    I'll bring a copy of confirmation email I suppose, wasn't planning to, but I definitely won't have credit card used.
    I'd be amazed if I have any problems and if I do there will be blue murder!
    I just cant see it happening, it would be highly impractical, if not impossible to check even half those attending.

I dont know how strict they will be in the end. It has been done before at Miley Cirus and other events. Sure, its no hassle to print out the email and I will have my visa debit anyway so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Anyone know if there will be any cinemas in Ireland streaming this live performance of I'm With You?

http://www.rhcplivehd.com/

This would be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

bren2001 wrote: »
    I dont know how strict they will be in the end. It has been done before at Miley Cirus and other events. Sure, its no hassle to print out the email and I will have my visa debit anyway so.

Another thing to consider is 100's of people will have swapped their tickets with others - seated for standing etc on sites like toutless.com. I'm trying to do a swap myself.
    It will be mayhem if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

I think this is it. Chad posted them on his facebook page there. I'd love if they played some old stuff in Dublin.

"1, 2, FÚCK YOU"

Oh sweet jesus if they play this in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It would be awesome. I hope they play a few old songs from BSSM. Id love to hear Higher Ground as well. And I like Dirt. Its a shame they can't play every song they've ever released!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

funkyflea wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be any cinemas in Ireland streaming this live performance of I'm With You?

http://www.rhcplivehd.com/

This would be brilliant!

SGC in Dungarvan is showing it Aug 30th at 8pm :D

sibeen99 wrote: »
    SGC in Dungarvan is showing it Aug 30th at 8pm :D

Wexford will definitely have it then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

funkyflea wrote: »
    Wexford will definitely have it then!

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-GOREY&p=tickets&perfCode=20520

They do indeed!! Lookin forward to this! Warm up before the real thing!

sibeen99 wrote: »
    http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-GOREY&p=tickets&perfCode=20520

They do indeed!! Lookin forward to this! Warm up before the real thing!

Sorted - wexford omniplex will have it, 5 mins away from my house, get in!

€15 per ticket though, ah sure, it's worth it!

Can't seem to get tickets for Dublin...yet...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

€15 for the cinema is pretty expensive just to watch them perform the new album. The Foo Fighters "Back and Forth" doc was €10 and included the band performing the new record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I I got mine through CrowdSurge so the receipt should say that I purchased it there.

Is CrowdSUrge one of the official sites?
    Nunu wrote:

They have done it before - Tom Waits in the Phoenix Park comes to mind. If they did it at Miley Cyrus at The O2 then they shouldn't have a problem enforcing especially as I'd imagine most Miley fans aren't credit card holders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

BrianD wrote: »
    Is CrowdSUrge one of the official sites?

They have done it before - Tom Waits in the Phoenix Park comes to mind. If they did it at Miley Cyrus at The O2 then they shouldn't have a problem enforcing especially as I'd imagine most Miley fans aren't credit card holders!

But most Miley fans would be accompanied by a parent/guardian to the concert who'd likely be a credit card holder :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is there any good quality videos of any new songs other than Rain Dance Maggie on youtube yet?

I really want to hear more from the album but I'm worried my expectations will be deteriorated if I hear a bad quality live video.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Listening to the slane gig now, unreal! Not many recorded shows can give me goosebumps, well done RHCP, up there with pearl jam.

Cant wait for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Balls there is no cinema near me showing it. I'd have to get the bus to Dublin to see it unless my brother would drive me to Dungarvan or Wexford, which he probably won't.

Just saw they might be adding other venues. Please god they choose Kilkenny

• Advertisement

lads for any1 who bought tickets on crowd surge,i emailed the o2 to see if the site was legit. and this was what they said...

'' Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we have never heard of this website before and we cannot guarantee any other websites other than Ticketmaster. We are a venue for hire and therefore do not sell tickets for events. I would suggest that you contact Ticketmaster or the concert promoters in regard to this website as there has been very strict guidelines put in place by RHCP for this event to stop ticket touts etc.

The concert promoters are www.mcd.ie and Ticketmaster are www.ticketmaster.ie for further queries.

I hope that the site is genuine for your sake and that you get to attend The O2 and enjoy the show. I would recommend in future only buying tickets through Ticketmaster or directly from the bands website if possible otherwise we can not guarantee you access to the show.

Kind regards

The O2''

Advertisement