Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

ginasdnb wrote: »
    lads for any1 who bought tickets on crowd surge,i emailed the o2 to see if the site was legit. and this was what they said...

'' Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we have never heard of this website before and we cannot guarantee any other websites other than Ticketmaster. We are a venue for hire and therefore do not sell tickets for events. I would suggest that you contact Ticketmaster or the concert promoters in regard to this website as there has been very strict guidelines put in place by RHCP for this event to stop ticket touts etc.

The concert promoters are www.mcd.ie and Ticketmaster are www.ticketmaster.ie for further queries.

I hope that the site is genuine for your sake and that you get to attend The O2 and enjoy the show. I would recommend in future only buying tickets through Ticketmaster or directly from the bands website if possible otherwise we can not guarantee you access to the show.

Kind regards

The O2''

Crowdsurge are legit. Ive never had a problem with them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

bren2001 wrote: »
    Crowdsurge are legit. Ive never had a problem with them in the past.

well i hope so thats where i got my tickets from so ill find out on november 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Pretty sure they're legit! (Crowdsurge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ginasdnb wrote: »
    lads for any1 who bought tickets on crowd surge,i emailed the o2 to see if the site was legit. and this was what they said...

'' Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we have never heard of this website before and we cannot guarantee any other websites other than Ticketmaster. We are a venue for hire and therefore do not sell tickets for events. I would suggest that you contact Ticketmaster or the concert promoters in regard to this website as there has been very strict guidelines put in place by RHCP for this event to stop ticket touts etc.

The concert promoters are www.mcd.ie and Ticketmaster are www.ticketmaster.ie for further queries.

I hope that the site is genuine for your sake and that you get to attend The O2 and enjoy the show. I would recommend in future only buying tickets through Ticketmaster or directly from the bands website if possible otherwise we can not guarantee you access to the show.

Kind regards

The O2''

They would hardly let people buy the album to get the pre sale code to buy tickets off a dodgy company.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Crowdsurge is often used in UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

yea crowdsurge is legit, thats where the presale from the rhcp official site redirected to, probably used as they could sell their album on it aswell to run their promotion. funny the concert had 3 seperate official presales (o2 ,mcd, rhcp official site)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Really like the set list last night from AsiaWorld Arena. Hoping they continue along these lines for the European leg as most of the songs I need to hear live are listed here.

By The Way
    Charlie
    Can't Stop
    Scar Tissue
    Look Around
    Dani California
    I Like Dirt
    Otherside
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Throw Away Your Television
    Jam
    Universally Speaking
    Right On Time
    Californication
    Higher Ground
    Under The Bridge

Encore

Chad Drum Solo
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    They're Red Hot
    Give It Away

karaokeman wrote: »
    Really like the set list last night from AsiaWorld Arena. Hoping they continue along these lines for the European leg as most of the songs I need to hear live are listed here.

By The Way
    Charlie
    Can't Stop
    Scar Tissue
    Look Around
    Dani California
    I Like Dirt
    Otherside
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Throw Away Your Television
    Jam
    Universally Speaking
    Right On Time
    Californication
    Higher Ground
    Under The Bridge

Encore

Chad Drum Solo
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    They're Red Hot
    Give It Away

I was reading on Fleas twitter page that they will be adding a few more songs from the new album once it comes out this month. But I really like that setlist esp Higher Ground and Sir Psycho Sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great to see Higher Ground there. Would love to hear that played. Always takes me back to when I was younger and it was played at the start of the Power Rangers film. Still one of the greatest films of all time in my mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

for antony who got their tickets through crowdsurge, when are tickets posted out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

zweton wrote: »
    When are Crowdsurge tickets posted out?

From experience usually 7-10 days prior to concert. However, I wouldn't be surprised if tickets weren't posted out and instead you were told the tickets will be made available for collection at box office on the night of the concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Suggest you all read the arcade fire thread on crowdsurge and don't hold your breath..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67358741

nm wrote: »
    Suggest you all read the arcade fire thread on crowdsurge and don't hold your breath..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67358741

what does that mean ?

threein99 wrote: »
    what does that mean ?

Nothing. Not everybodt had reveived their tickets for the gig via mail. It was during the snow and they were afraid of counterfit tickets so cancelled all the crowdsurge tickets sent out by mail and people had to collect them from the box office. It has little to no relevance for this gig except it shows people that Crowdsurge are legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Nothing. Not everybodt had reveived their tickets for the gig via mail. It was during the snow and they were afraid of counterfit tickets so cancelled all the crowdsurge tickets sent out by mail and people had to collect them from the box office. It has little to no relevance for this gig except it shows people that Crowdsurge are legit.

It shows that they had 4 months to send the tickets but didnt, they waited until 5 days before the event. Then it started snowing, but they sent out numerous emails that everything was ok and everyone will get their tickets on time.

Then they lost track of which were sent, lost, or not sent at all. Their solution was to cancel ALL standing tickets, so that and even the tickets that were DELIVERED and received and in-hand were voided.

So the bizarre situation on the night was that even with a ticket, I had to que at the box office to get in, which after the giant f*ck up was complete mayhem (people over an hour queing in the snow, despite having a ticket in their hand)

:rolleyes:

nm wrote: »
    It shows that they had 4 months to send the tickets but didnt, they waited until 5 days before the event. Then it started snowing, but they sent out numerous emails that everything was ok and everyone will get their tickets on time.

Then they lost track of which were sent, lost, or not sent at all. Their solution was to cancel ALL standing tickets, so that and even the tickets that were DELIVERED and received and in-hand were voided.

So the bizarre situation on the night was that even with a ticket, I had to que at the box office to get in, which after the giant f*ck up was complete mayhem (people over an hour queing in the snow, despite having a ticket in their hand)

:rolleyes:

Ah its not unusual to send out the tickets that late. Sure I am going to V festival on Friday and have not received my ticket yet. Sent an email and was told it will be sent out on time and then 20 minutes later got another email saying it was too late to send tickets out and to collect them at the box office. I just want my postage back!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Its not unusual to send out the tickets that late. Sure I am going to V festival on Friday and have not received my ticket yet. Sent an email and was told it will be sent out on time and then 20 minutes later got another email saying it was too late to send tickets out and to collect them at the box office. I just want my postage back!

But in fairness that is a terrible service. When I buy tickets I am given a choice whether I want to collect them at the box office or whether I want them delivered by post. If I choose the later and pay for postage I expect that to be honoured.

To the above poster Im assuming you purchased your tickets off one of the UK sites like seeTickets? Again from experience they rarely post out any tickets to international buyers even though they will happily charge you for postage. Then closer to the event they will just say tickets will be made available at the box office.

Whatever people might say about Ticketmaster at least you know that if you choose the postage option your tickets will actually be posted and from experience usually well before the concert date.

But in fairness that is a terrible service. When I buy tickets I am given a choice whether I want to collect them at the box office or whether I want them delivered by post. If I choose the later and pay for postage I expect that to be honoured.

To the above poster Im assuming you purchased your tickets off one of the UK sites like seeTickets? Again from experience they rarely post out any tickets to international buyers even though they will happily charge you for postage. Then closer to the event they will just say tickets will be made available at the box office.

Whatever people might say about Ticketmaster at least you know that if you choose the postage option your tickets will actually be posted and from experience usually well before the concert date.

I agree its a terrible service but its what you live with.

Yeah I used seetickets and from experience they dont post tickets which is annoying. Ticketmaster.co.uk did for the two gigs (kings of leon and the Killers) but again a friend ordered off them for V festival and he has to collect from the Box Office as well.

But anyway, we know how bad Crowdsurge are but they are legit. Back to the rhcp talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Malek1990

I would like to ask if there are any tickets left for this show. Because I can't seem to find any in Ticketmaster.com and if so where can I find tickets?

Malek1990 wrote: »
    I would like to ask if there are any tickets left for this show. Because I can't seem to find any in Ticketmaster.com and if so where can I find tickets?

Tickets sold out in 30 seconds on the morning of general sale.

But keep a listen out, there may be a few production tickets released a few days before the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Malek1990

karaokeman wrote: »
    Tickets sold out in 30 seconds on the morning of general sale.

But keep a listen out, there may be a few production tickets released a few days before the concert.

Darn. Do you any other ways? Because I live in Kuwait and I need to get my tickets sort out by the end of the month.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Here's a video of By The Way from the concert in Hong Kong. You wouldn't want to suffer from epilepsy anyway or you'd be completely fúcked. My excitement increases with every new video I see :D

Malek1990 wrote: »
    Darn. Do you any other ways? Because I live in Kuwait and I need to get my tickets sort out by the end of the month.

Thanks.

I don't think so. Usually you can buy second hand tickets on Ebay but the RHCP set down a few regulations for this tour that you use I.D when you purchase first hand tickets, so only the person who bought the ticket on the day is allowed admission. But if you could have some time next summer free they might be playing Slane of Oxegen again and more than likely tickets will go on sale before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Has anyone seen them in this kind of venue before?

What was it like?

Has anyone seen them in this kind of venue before?

What was it like?

This will be my first Chili Peppers gig so I can't really comment on past shows.

But what I will tell you is this. Ever since Californication the Chili's have played a stadium, festival or castle any time they came to Ireland.

The last time they played anywhere indoors over here was the Point in 1995 on the One Hot Minute Tour.

But I'd imagine it will be a really good gig. For Anthony's voice it will be immense for them to try an arena rather than a stadium.

There will be no telling really until the time comes but thats just my opinion. Otherside would really light up everyone's night so let's just hope it will be included on the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Last time I saw them here was in the Phoenix Park. Id like to hear some old tracks too and the setlists people have posted here are good but Flea said on twitter that they are trying not to play much new stuff before the album is released. After its release their setlists will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

its not really the Chillis without Fursciante!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

its not really the Chillis without Fursciante!

Yes it is. Im going to really miss the amazing backing vocals from him but I think they will still perform as good as they always have. I hope everyone gives the new lad a good reception.

My tickets stilled haven't arrived, any idea's on when they will? Id really rather not wait for them to arrive 7 days before the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

cocoshovel wrote: »
    My tickets stilled haven't arrived, any idea's on when they will? Id really rather not wait for them to arrive 7 days before the gig.

Won't arrive for a good 6 weeks I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Flea will be playing Vicar Street on November 1st with Damon Albarn in a group known as Honest Jon’s Chop Up.

Advertisement