Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

comet wrote: »
    Flea will be playing Vicar Street on November 1st with Damon Albarn in a group known as Honest Jon’s Chop Up.

When are the tickets on sale?
    its not really the Chillis without Fursciante!

I too will miss John.

Maybe we will get a solo gig from him sometime in the near future?

I would love that and would defo pay a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

karaokeman wrote: »
    When are the tickets on sale?

Tickets for the Dublin date are €42.50 and go on sale on Friday August 19 from Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭klose

has it been sold out??

has it been sold out??

The Red Hot Chili Peppers gig yes.

Flea's gig I dobut it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

apparently the full album will be streamed online at redhotchilipeppers.com at 8pm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TimeToWander

apparently the full album will be streamed online at redhotchilipeppers.com at 8pm tonight

OmgOmgOmgOmgOmgOmgOmg

• Registered Users Posts: 54,377 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

site is soooooooooooo slow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its streamed through itunes. I just listened to the whole thing in 1 go. Its very different but I like it. Especially Brendan's Death Song and Even You Brutus. The new guitarist is very different. He seems to have less influence than JF and he doesn't come across as being as skillful a musician, but that might just be his style. There aren't many solos but the ones that are there are simplistic and short, then again there were simple guitar solos on By The Way and on Californication. Josh K doesn't seem to have the same organic connection with Flea that JF had, there were plenty of examples of this on Stadium Arcadium.

There is a big John Frusciante shaped hole in this album, but its still good and I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

karaokeman wrote: »
    This will be my first Chili Peppers gig so I can't really comment on past shows.

But what I will tell you is this. Ever since Californication the Chili's have played a stadium, festival or castle any time they came to Ireland.

The last time they played anywhere indoors over here was the Point in 1995 on the One Hot Minute Tour.

But I'd imagine it will be a really good gig. For Anthony's voice it will be immense for them to try an arena rather than a stadium.

There will be no telling really until the time comes but thats just my opinion. Otherside would really light up everyone's night so let's just hope it will be included on the setlist.

This really isnt a Chilis gig without Frusciante, so I wouldnt be getting too excited.

Just heard Brendan's Death Song myself off youtube.

Great new cracker, it would be the perfect second single to follow Rain Dance Maggie. Anthony's voice has definitely improved with age. Josh Klinghoffer may be no Frusciante but he still has talent.

Plan to have the whole album on my iPod by tomorrow morning.

But seriously this is unreal, the first Chili's album in 5 years and I'm not disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

dedon wrote: »
    This really isnt a Chilis gig without Frusciante, so I wouldnt be getting too excited.

I wish people would give Josh a chance. John may have been amazing with the Chilis but he isn't the original guitarist. I think Josh is a great choice seeing as he has played with John F and the Chili Peppers before this.

If people automatically go around with the view that the Chilis are nothing without John then they may as well break up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Whats the crack with people who bought the album off Golden Discs to get the pre sale code ? do I bring the confirmation email they sent when I bought it ?

dedon wrote: »

I don't see why people are being so narrowminded. The chili peppers have had lots of guitarists over the years. He was good but not essential, he didn't make them who they are. You're probably just mad becasue you didn't get a ticket.

sugarman wrote: »
    Hahaha.. YES, he did.. Well, no.. He reinvented them after Hillel died. But he practically wrote all of Mothers Milk & BSSM. 2 of the best albums ever produced & the chillis have never been able to live up to that level again. John left because they are'nt who they were.. What he loved & what signed up for when he joined. They sold out & turned to piss poor weak pop rock.

Not really. He left to work on solo material and to not have the constraints of trying to please other people in a band, he wanted to do his own thing, or so he says.

sugarman wrote: »
    Hahaha.. YES, he did.. Well, no.. He reinvented them after Hillel died. But he practically wrote all of Mothers Milk & BSSM. 2 of the best albums ever produced & the chillis have never been able to live up to that level again. John left because they are'nt who they were.. What he loved & what signed up for when he joined. They sold out & turned to piss poor weak pop rock.

That's your opinion but not everyone else's. I actually prefer a lot of their songs that were written and recorded with Hillel, Jack Irons etc. John brought something new to the band that was different. Josh is bringing something new and he has to be given a chance as well.

What I personally love about their music are the different styles from their first few albums through to their newer stuff. There's something for everyone.

It's sad that people have to argue over this whole thing with John leaving though. Oh well.

threein99 wrote: »
    Whats the crack with people who bought the album off Golden Discs to get the pre sale code ? do I bring the confirmation email they sent when I bought it ?

Didn't buy the physical album, accidentally bought the digital version so can't really be much help but do they not send you out the album? If not did you not get a code that you can bring to pick it up?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Not really. He left to work on solo material and to not have the constraints of trying to please other people in a band, he wanted to do his own thing, or so he says.

That's really what they all say when one member leaves a band.

I too am one of those raging I missed my chance of ever seeing the Chili's with Fruscainte. Having said that Josh isn't bad from what I've heard and I will be pleased to see them at the O2 in November.

And I agree with the notion people slating Josh are the people who are still freaking out they didn't get tickets. I know how it felt for Noel Gallagher:P.

Anyways lets just see how the tour goes, if it doesn't work out with Josh they'll split up. If it does go well they will keep going. You just don't know its still early days, give it time.

Well I'm not too bothered, I've seen them twice with JF, Phoenix Park and Oxegen. They were awesome both times and from videos I've seen on youtube of their recent gigs they are still going strong.

Be silent doubters!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDahPOAZ90

Saaron wrote: »
    Didn't buy the physical album, accidentally bought the digital version so can't really be much help but do they not send you out the album? If not did you not get a code that you can bring to pick it up?

Maybe they will send it out then, they sent me a Paypal confirmation email so hopefully they will send it out, but there was no code or anything about collecting it in store. Its already been leaked online online anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

cant wait to get the new album its gonna be awesome :D

• Advertisement

cant wait to get the new album its gonna be awesome :D

Its being streamed on Itunes if you want a listen :pac:

Its being streamed on Itunes if you want a listen :pac:
    Sound Mate :D

Thanks but im already listening to it im with you is really good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

best song on the album in my opinion is Brendan's Death Song :)
    So far this album has exceeded my expectations :)
    whats everybody else's favourite song on the album? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

leemurf wrote: »
    best song on the album in my opinion is Brendan's Death Song :)
    So far this album has exceeded my expectations :)
    whats everybody else's favourite song on the album? :)

Brendan's Death Song is great! I think Factory of Faith is my favourite at the moment though.. I love the chorus!

Not sure about the rest of the album, it's a little bit better than I thought it would be though! Frusciante is irreplaceable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

lalee17 wrote: »
    Brendan's Death Song is great! I think Factory of Faith is my favourite at the moment though.. I love the chorus!

Not sure about the rest of the album, it's a little bit better than I thought it would be though! Frusciante is irreplaceable to be honest.

yeah it was noticable Frusciante was not in the album, his backing vocals were irreplaceable and i really missed them on the album and his guitar work was always top notch but i think RHCP couldnt have found a better replacement for Frusciante than Klinghoffer

There is already a thread for discussing the album: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056342698

I know I'm not admin but were kind of hijacking this thread which is supposed to be a discussion about the gig in the O2 rather than the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kat20

can't wait for the gig!
    I've loved RHCP for years but was too young to go see them.
    November can't come quick enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

whats the general feeling here will there be enother support band bigger then fools gold and how many should we expect, was at a gig in the o2 where there was only 2 supports, seems kinda crappy

Advertisement