Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

whats the general feeling here will there be enother support band bigger then fools gold and how many should we expect, was at a gig in the o2 where there was only 2 supports, seems kinda crappy

I thought Fool's Gold were the only support act.

I would actually love it if there was more. If that was the case it would probably be just one other up-and-coming band. Fool's Gold likely will be the biggest support act.

We would have a better chance of a great support bill if the Chilis do end up playing Slane next year.

For now, I'll try and enjoy FG as I liked their album and hopefully (in the unlikely event) there will indeed be another support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fools Gold are the only support act and tbh most people don't give a sh!t about them. Less support acts the better as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Tickets arrived in the post this morning!!!Can't wait now!!Won't be long coming around!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tickets arrived in the post this morning!!!Can't wait now!!Won't be long coming around!!!

Did you book with Crowdsurge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

sugarman wrote: »
    Hahaha.. YES, he did.. Well, no.. He reinvented them after Hillel died. But he practically wrote all of Mothers Milk & BSSM. 2 of the best albums ever produced & the chillis have never been able to live up to that level again. John left because they are'nt who they were.. What he loved & what signed up for when he joined. They sold out & turned to piss poor weak pop rock.

He didnt write those bass lines or make the rhythm section so tight, he also didnt deliver the vocal in that chili pepper's way.

The man is amazing, but one man is not the band. I think the track Factory of Faith is the best thing they have done in years too...

In my opinion One Hot Minute is their best album, but each to their own i guess!

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Did you book with Crowdsurge ?

No I booked mine on the MCD presale the day before they went on general sale.

I went to the MCD website, clicked on a link which brought me to Ticketmaster.ie, I was then asked for a presale password and worked away as normal from that point..

No I booked mine on the MCD presale the day before they went on general sale.

I went to the MCD website, clicked on a link which brought me to Ticketmaster.ie, I was then asked for a presale password and worked away as normal from that point..

Ah right, just a few on here have been doubting Crowd Surge for sending out the tickets on time

• Registered Users Posts: 18 freeth

does anyone know if tickets are still available?? didnt even realise they were touring :( ive seen them twice before but third times a charm right!

freeth wrote: »
    does anyone know if tickets are still available?? didnt even realise they were touring :( ive seen them twice before but third times a charm right!

Afraid not, there is huge interest in the gig. Tickets were sold out within 2 minutes of going on general sale!!!!You could always try other ticket touting websites, however, ticketmaster have stated that the credit card used to make the booking will be required as proof of purchase on the night. Therefore, if you buy off one of these websites and you're asked to produce the card on the way in, you're going to have a problem!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 freeth

found them on needaticket.ie but for 125 beans just for standing!! how much were they originally?

Im sad now..

• Advertisement

freeth wrote: »
    found them on needaticket.ie but for 125 beans just for standing!! how much were they originally?

Im sad now..

Tickets ranged in price from €60.45 to €70.45 plus booking fee. I got two standing tickets for €143.40 including booking fees etc...(€6.25 per ticket)

This is what is posted on the ticketmaster website regarding the concert:

In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.

TIERED SEATING
    €60.45 - €70.45

STANDING
    €65.45

Onsale to General Public Start: Fri 29/07/11, 09:00

O2 Presale Start: Wed 27/07/11, 09:00
    End: Fri 29/07/11, 08:00

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

I just though people would be interested to hear that I have called both ticketmaster and MCD this morning after my tickets arrived. Obviously they both had my mother's name on them as used her card to buy them.

Both ticketmaster and MCD said that the rule is that the person with the name on the card has to ENTER the venue. But that if you brought along all the relevant stuff (card,receipt etc) it should be fine. Of course they wouldn't guarantee entry but they seemed to suggest that once you show you bought then legitly i.e not off a tout or a re-seller then you should be fine. They also said that they had recorded a huge number of calls about this so I highly doubt they'll be overly harsh once you can show you bought your tickets the right way.

I hope this helps calm some peoples worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Does anyone know if Fools Gold are 100% the only support for the gig? Wouldn't mind something similar to the gig they played in Phoenix Park when they were supported by Groove Armada, Hothouse Flowers and The Pixies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Love Groove Armada!!!!

The Pixies and the other bands was for the Phoenix park gig, there are rarely anymore than one support act for smaller indoor gigs.

Tickets were sold out within 2 minutes of going on general sale!!!!

Tickets sold out in 30 seconds to the best of my knowledge.

And for all those asking about Fool's Gold, I am 98% sure they are definitely the support act, unless they pull out because I have my ticket and it clearly states Red Hot Chili Peppers with support from Fool's Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

karaokeman wrote: »
    Tickets sold out in 30 seconds to the best of my knowledge.

They actually sold out in 25.3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TimeToWander

They actually sold out in 25.3 seconds.

I bought 4 tickets in the space of 7minutes. .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As well as scheduling a November UK tour, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have suggested they may play UK festivals next year to coincide with London 2012 – with rumours of a possible UK stadium tour or a Hyde Park performance flying around too.

Speaking to BBC Newsbeat, drummer Chad Smith told fans that they hoped to play festival slots next summer, and talked about the Olympics.

“I think that we'll come and play over here next year, we know that the Olympics are over here and we thought maybe we'll coordinate,” Smith said.

Though they hope to come to Britain to play at festivals, they are currently unsure of which ones to play at – though Glastonbury is out of the question, as the festival has been given a year break. What is known, though, is that the band will have a whole new album’s worth of ammunition for the crowd, following the release of their tenth studio album ‘I’m With You’.

And with a new album to play out and an already legendary status, the band could easily fill out stadiums – which are a definite possibility for next year that shouldn’t be ruled out.

For future Red Hot Chili Peppers tour news, stick with Stereoboard.

As well as scheduling a November UK tour, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have suggested they may play UK festivals next year to coincide with London 2012 – with rumours of a possible UK stadium tour or a Hyde Park performance flying around too.

Speaking to BBC Newsbeat, drummer Chad Smith told fans that they hoped to play festival slots next summer, and talked about the Olympics.

“I think that we'll come and play over here next year, we know that the Olympics are over here and we thought maybe we'll coordinate,” Smith said.

Though they hope to come to Britain to play at festivals, they are currently unsure of which ones to play at – though Glastonbury is out of the question, as the festival has been given a year break. What is known, though, is that the band will have a whole new album’s worth of ammunition for the crowd, following the release of their tenth studio album ‘I’m With You’.

And with a new album to play out and an already legendary status, the band could easily fill out stadiums – which are a definite possibility for next year that shouldn’t be ruled out.

For future Red Hot Chili Peppers tour news, stick with Stereoboard.

Oxegen perhaps???

I want to go working abroad next summer but part of me wants to come back here round early-mid July to catch the festival.

I love the Chili's with a passion and will certainly be happy to see them a second time if they do play festivals. If they're announced it will certainly have me here a few days for the summer.

I'm just curious as to what this will mean for Slane, if we'll need to wait until 2013 for their next big gig there. Somehow although I would love it I can't imagine the Chili's playing both Slane and Oxegen in the space of a month or so.

• Advertisement

Oxegen perhaps???

I want to go working abroad next summer but part of me wants to come back here round early-mid July to catch the festival.

I love the Chili's with a passion and will certainly be happy to see them a second time if they do play festivals. If they're announced it will certainly have me here a few days for the summer.

I'm just curious as to what this will mean for Slane, if we'll need to wait until 2013 for their next big gig there. Somehow although I would love it I can't imagine the Chili's playing both Slane and Oxegen in the space of a month or so.

They already played at Slane, cant see them headlining it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

threein99 wrote: »
    They already played at Slane, cant see them headlining it again.

Don't say that!! It was years ago, they need to do it all again for all of us who never got the chance to be there :P

Saaron wrote: »
    Don't say that!! It was years ago, they need to do it all again for all of us who never got the chance to be there :P

I had tickets to that but I had to sell them to go play a stinking football semi final for my club, which I was dropped for :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Saaron wrote: »

That was the year i was dying to go but was too young :( The main reason was to see the Foo's but with also QOTSA and Feeder it would have been a whopper day

Will anyone else be keeping a listen out at this gig?

You never know on the night the Chilis might mention something about when they will play Slane next.

And here is a reminder, in before the comments that they played Slane before and won't do it again.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/well-be-red-hot-at-slane-again-vow-chili-peppers-1785357.html

Will anyone else be keeping a listen out at this gig?

You never know on the night the Chilis might mention something about when they will play Slane next.

And here is a reminder, in before the comments that they played Slane before and won't do it again.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/well-be-red-hot-at-slane-again-vow-chili-peppers-1785357.html

Its not that bands are not willing to play Slane twice, its that they are not asked to play it again. My money is on the Foo Fighters for Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is there any chance that a second date will be announced? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

joe123 wrote: »

No.

joe123 wrote: »

No chance of a second date for this leg of the tour anyways.

There will probably be extra standing tickets made available prior to the gig so keep a listen out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

I am absolutely gutted I can't get a ticket for their gig in November. I was out of the country when they went on sale and the following day they were all sold out. I've tried to contact their fan page to see if they will be adding any dates but I've got no reply.

Why are they only doing one gig at the 02?? It makes no sense. Every other time they've played here they have done huge gigs like Phoenix Park, Slane, Oxegen and they have a massive following in this country. The 02 for one gig is just not good enough. I'm a die hard fan and I'm very upset I won't get to see them. They even have a three day break before they hit London.

Does anyone have any concrete knowledge that they will not set a second date? I refuse to pay touts over the amount for a ticket.

I'm not posting this thread to look for a ticket, I'm desperate for any info on further ticket sales or dates

Advertisement