Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They probably only announced 1 date because they will be coming back during the summer for either Oxegen or their own outdoor show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The time of the year the tour is takin place rules out a massive outdoor gig, can ya imagine standing in a field in November/December in the pissing rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I agree that the lack of a second date being added is largely due to the fact they are hoping to play an outdoor show here next summer like Oxegen or Croke Park.

It will be easier for them to sell out a stadium if they have 15,000 more people who would want to go. If a second date was added to the O2 some of those 15,000 who saw them on the second O2 date mightn't buy tickets for the summer outdoor show as they may not have the money to see them twice.

In this sense its a better business decision from here to only play one date.

I'm hoping it'll be next summer for Oxegen and then perhaps in 2013 they might play Slane to coincide with the 10th anniversary of their first gig at Slane:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

pennylemon wrote: »
    Why are they only doing one gig at the 02?? It makes no sense. Every other time they've played here they have done huge gigs like Phoenix Park, Slane, Oxegen and they have a massive following in this country. The 02 for one gig is just not good enough. I'm a die hard fan and I'm very upset I won't get to see them. They even have a three day break before they hit London.

Why not try and get a ticket for a uk date instead??
    You might have more luck over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Playing a gig at that time means 1 of 2 things...more shows in the future. Most headline acts for Oxegen will be O2 bound over the Winter...I can guess two already.

I am surprised at their lack of a 2nd night, but falling Oxegen sales means more demand for next time. Possibly a sellout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

kbell wrote: »
    Why not try and get a ticket for a uk date instead??
    You might have more luck over there.

I've tried every UK arena, all sold out too. Again, refuse to pay a tout over the amount. I know they will probably do another gig in the summer sometime but I've been waiting five years to see them. 6 months ago I was mailing the fan site and boards.ie to see did anyone know if they were coming back...

Im just very disappointed that they aren't doing enough gigs for the fans. After 5 years of nothing they come and play for a measly 15000 people in Ireland. It sucks. I understand that they couldnt do an outdoor gig in November in Ireland but then they should back it up with a few gigs. Slane is 80000 people, The 02 is 15000. Major difference.

And I know I know... I should have been more organised and preordered somehow but it just didn't happen. I was sure there would be a second date added too. Rant over.

*dries eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Keep an eye on toutless.com. There's bound to be people who bought tickets but can't make it.

So Ive spent the last 3 hours chasing The Chilis round Europe and I found two gigs with half decent seats. So its looking like Im gonna go to one of them with a little weekend away thrown in for good measure. Feelin better now. For those of you who are interested, Stockholm has good seats but the flights are expensive so we are heading to Berlin instead.

Right on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

pennylemon wrote: »
    Im just very disappointed that they aren't doing enough gigs for the fans. After 5 years of nothing they come and play for a measly 15000 people in Ireland. It sucks. I understand that they couldnt do an outdoor gig in November in Ireland but then they should back it up with a few gigs. Slane is 80000 people, The 02 is 15000. Major difference.

Can you imagine how long the world tour would be if they played arenas every night until each city sold out? You'd be waiting longer than five years! Keep an eye on Gumtree etc and you'll find a ticket or wait until the summer to see them outdoors.

Keep an eye on Gumtree etc and you'll find a ticket or wait until the summer to see them outdoors.

Gumtree?? Are you joking? No one regulates that sight at all... Most of the tickets available on that sight are people putting their friends numbers up for a joke. Someone on Dondeal was selling two for €150 each.

I just got three tickets for Manchester. Seats not together but in the same row. So Im not too dissappointed now. Might head to Berlin too in December is I can spare the cash.

• Advertisement

OP I really, really don't like to be the bearer of bad luck.

Save your money, these ticket touts won't be of much use to you if you want to see the RHCP's O2 show.

When I bought my ticket we were asked for I.D, and the same I.D we showed on the morning of the ticket sales is the same one that should be used on the night of the gig.

This was planned out by promoters so that only people who bought first-hand tickets could see the gig. I'm afraid that if you pay a ****load for a second-hand ticket you will be refused entry on the night without the original documentation that you were the one who bought that ticket the morning they went on sale.

Besides its very, very unlikely that the Chilis won't return in the summer for an outdoor show. That has become the norm for the majority of successful bands playing the O2, Green Day, Muse, Kings of Leon, The Prodigy, The Killers, Coldplay to name but a few.

Also don't believe the rumours Oxegen will be slashed for next year. The festival will be going ahead as it has every year since 04 and the RHCP are most certainly likely to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

karaokeman wrote: »
    This was planned out by promoters so that only people who bought first-hand tickets could see the gig. I'm afraid that if you pay a ****load for a second-hand ticket you will be refused entry on the night without the original documentation that you were the one who bought that ticket the morning they went on sale.

Don't see this being enforced on the night at all. Seems impossible from practical point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

nm wrote: »
    Don't see this being enforced on the night at all. Seems impossible from practical point of view.

Its been done before. I have a feeling they will be a little bit stricter than normal. Usually I wouldnt even bother bringing ID but this time I will. The Chilis released a statement about it, the o2 did and ticketmaster.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Its been done before.

When?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

Miley Cirus and a few other gigs. Shows it can be done.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Miley Cirus and a few other gigs. Shows it can be done.

But are they really going to turn away someone with a legitimate ticket? If I turn up with a ticket bought for me by a friend are they really going to turn me away? Do they then refund the ticket, or are people to swallow the loss of €70 and just get the bus home?

I just don't see it.. maybe I'll be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

But are they really going to turn away someone with a legitimate ticket? If I turn up with a ticket bought for me by a friend are they really going to turn me away? Do they then refund the ticket, or are people to swallow the loss of €70 and just get the bus home?

It won't be as strict as previous posts suggest. It is impossible for the name on each ticket to match the ID Card / Drivers Licence / Passport of the ticket holder at the entering the O2.

For this to happen each one of the 14000 (approx) tickets would have to have been bought individually. Majority of people, including myself, book tickets for friends. This is allowed, as if is wasn't, Ticketmaster would have had to restrict purchase limits to ONE per customer which just isn't sensible. I bought 4 standing tickets, each ticket will have MY name on it. My friends will be with me so I can show ID if necessary then to confirm.

The easiest way to ensure no problems is for each ticket holder to have a copy of the confirmation email or ticketmaster receipt which the person who bought the tickets will have. A photocopy will do. The reference on the email will match the reference on the tickets and away you go, no problems.

If they enforce the rule to the exact letter of the law then you'll have 2500 people inside the venue and one hell of an angry mod on the North Wall Quay.

Well when you get the tickets dont rip them apart to give to your friend. Keep both tickets together till they scan them at the door.

I would not be surprised if they do random checks or if they even bother checking them full stop

Red Hot Chili Peppers are rumoured to be making a huge headlining appearance at the iconic Knebworth venue next summer with official announcements expected in the next couple of weeks.

The world-famous band, who’ve just released their tenth studio album ‘I’m With You’, are sculpting together plans for a massive world tour, after they announced a further two dates in France last week. With dates in Europe scheduled for the rest of this year, and American and Canadian dates expected for early 2012, it looks like the Chilis will be returning to the UK and Europe for summer 2012 festival and stadium dates.

Although nothing official has been said yet, the Knebworth shows are the subject of an intense gossip, and from what we are hearing, it looks like the rumours could indeed be true. What’s currently unknown is whether the ‘By the Way’ band would be in the Knebworth area to headline the now-massive Sonisphere festival, which saw the big four of thrash tear up the stage earlier this year, or to play their own stand-alone headline gigs as part of the tour. Whatever the plans are, RHCP fans in for a treat come summer 2012.

Ahead of the possible announcements, RHCP unveiled two more gigs in France after their initials pair of shows in Paris’s Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy sold out. French fans will now be able to catch the band in the Stade de France on the 29th and 30th of June – tickets are set to go on sale soon.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167986/9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭billyhead

Anyone think that they may play a second concert at the O2

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    Anyone think that they may play a second concert at the O2

Nope , would have been announced straight after the 1st night sold out. And since there was no Belfast date either means they will be back during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭billyhead

Nope , would have been announced straight after the 1st night sold out. And since there was no Belfast date either means they will be back during the summer

Hw do you know they will do a gig in the summer. Actually I would prefer to see them live outdoors instead. Saw them twice outdoors before and they sure know how to put on a good gig

billyhead wrote: »
    Hw do you know they will do a gig in the summer. Actually I would prefer to see them live outdoors instead. Saw them twice outdoors before and they sure know how to put on a good gig

Nearly all bands do it. Arena tour followed by outdoor/festival shows or vice versa

Am I the only one who may be going to this gig alone:P?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i have not received my tickets from crowd surge yet.anyone else in the same boat.

i received my kasabian tickets form ticketmaster and they are playing 3 weeks after the chilis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

i have not received my tickets from crowd surge yet.anyone else in the same boat.

i received my kasabian tickets form ticketmaster and they are playing 3 weeks after the chilis

I haven't received mine either. I bought mine in the presale the very first day.

I've never dealt with crowdsurge before. It said in the email something about 14 days before the event. So i'm not panicking until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I haven't received mine either. I bought mine in the presale the very first day.

I've never dealt with crowdsurge before. It said in the email something about 14 days before the event. So i'm not panicking until then.

Im in the same boat as the both of you, it does say on their site that printed tickets will be despatched 14 days prior to the event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Same as with CrowdSurge.

Not trying to be smart but did ye read CrowdSurge's Terms and Conditions . Like ticketmaster say if you dont have your ticket by 48 hours?????? before the event then ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Just looked at my emails there and at the bottom of my confirmation email:

Please Note: Printed tickets will usually be despatched 14 days before the event. If you do not receive your tickets 5 days before the event please contact us through the CrowdSurge Customer Support Centre

I'm sure if they don't arrive there might be some situation where we could pick them up from the box office. I've never done that at the point but i'm sure it's easy enough?

Advertisement