Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I dont suppose thats open to the public... ? :L

Tickets are free, you just apply for them and hope you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Two dates have been announced for State De France next July so I'm sort of expecting there will be a Croke Park or Slane date next year.

I know Oxegen's still a possibility but its the fact they've played there before that makes me unsure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If its in July i think they will do Oxegen since they could do a few festivals eg TITP/Soni/Rock Werchter etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

karaokeman wrote: »

I know Oxegen's still a possibility but its the fact they've played there before that makes me unsure.

Is there some way to like write to management companies or something to tell them not to play oxegen?

Like i would have loved to see the foo fighters this year but they were at bloody oxegen!

I definitely think that rhcp could sell out an outside gig by themselves.

Can you still apply for EMA tickets? I can't find anything about it.

Can you still apply for EMA tickets? I can't find anything about it.

The applications hasn't started yet, competitions are just starting to roll out this week.

The days are drawing nearer.

28 days from today and 4 weeks from now the RHCP will be on stage at the O2 in Dublin.

You guys have no idea how many years I have waited to see these guys live. Its also exciting because it will be their returning Irish show after 5 long years.

Some great gigs here in the past including Slane, Oxegen, Phoenix Park and Landsdowne, the 4th of November will just show there's many more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Foo Fighters, Black Eyed Peas and a good few other headliners have done Oxegen a few times. I was at Oxegen the last ime RHCP played and Foo Fighters were there and they played this year too, so I doubt Oxegen will be ruled out. Although, they probably make way more money doing a stadium or field gig. I do hope it's not Slane, nightmare of a venue to get in and out of.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

pennylemon wrote: »
    Foo Fighters, Black Eyed Peas and a good few other headliners have done Oxegen a few times. I was at Oxegen the last ime RHCP played and Foo Fighters were there and they played this year too, so I doubt Oxegen will be ruled out. Although, they probably make way more money doing a stadium or field gig. I do hope it's not Slane, nightmare of a venue to get in and out of.

Foo Fighters headlined in 2005 and RHCP did Oxegen 2006

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters headlined in 2005 and RHCP did Oxegen 2006

Was it? I was at the previous year too so both years are a blur lol! Black eyed peas too one of them years. Can't remember which. James Brown did those two years too, mind you they put him in a tent the first year... idiots. Huge amount of people couldnt get in.

pennylemon wrote: »
    Was it? I was at the previous year too so both years are a blur lol! Black eyed peas too one of them years. Can't remember which. James Brown did those two years too, mind you they put him in a tent the first year... idiots. Huge amount of people couldnt get in.

Yes Foos headlined in 2005.

They headlined the same year as Green Day.

But I would still love another Slane gig from the Chilis.

Yes Foos headlined in 2005.

They headlined the same year as Green Day.

But I would still love another Slane gig from the Chilis.

Ah yes.. I think remember now, Snoop, The killers and Queens of the Stone Age. Savage year. :D

I hate Slane, I just can't cope with getting out of the place, always had bad experiences getting home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Anyone know if they have any other support apart from Fools Gold?

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they have any other support apart from Fools Gold?

No.

Would probably like another support act but only if they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

What's with the tickets taking so long to arrive? Ticketmaster also say 14 days prior to event but it's usually months before.

Was looking at the setlists from the tour so far. Looking very strong, lots of the classics which is the reason I am going as I don't think much of the new album tbh.

SB-08 wrote: »
    What's with the tickets taking so long to arrive? Ticketmaster also say 14 days prior to event but it's usually months before.

Was looking at the setlists from the tour so far. Looking very strong, lots of the classics which is the reason I am going as I don't think much of the new album tbh.

Occasionally it's at the bands request to help combat touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Has anyone got their tickets yet?

Got this today at least crowdsurge hasn't forgotten about us!

Dear ,

We are writing to you with regards to the ticket(s) you have purchased for the upcoming Red Hot Chili Peppers tour.

We would just like to ensure that you are aware of the show day ticket policies, as stated at the point of purchase: -

In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the CrowdSurge Confirmation Email for that specific booking.

If you would like to contact us about this then please do so through our online customer support system here: - http://bit.ly/rhcp_disclaimer

Kind regards,
    CrowdSurge

I got that email too but still no sign of my tickets.

Got this today at least crowdsurge hasn't forgotten about us!

Dear ,

We are writing to you with regards to the ticket(s) you have purchased for the upcoming Red Hot Chili Peppers tour.

We would just like to ensure that you are aware of the show day ticket policies, as stated at the point of purchase: -

In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the CrowdSurge Confirmation Email for that specific booking.

If you would like to contact us about this then please do so through our online customer support system here: - http://bit.ly/rhcp_disclaimer

Kind regards,
    CrowdSurge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

lolli wrote: »
    Has anyone got their tickets yet?

I ordered from ticketmaster and got them about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

bren2001 wrote: »

Same with me. I ordered mine through the MCD presale and got them at the end of August.

bren2001 wrote: »

Hmm ok Thanks, I think I better contact them so.

Does anyone know if they have been playing Goodbye Hooray live so far?

Haven't seen it on any of the setlists so far but I'd say they will be playing it eventually.

What I would love to hear at the gig and this is very unlikely is Brendan's Death Song.

Red Hot Chili Peppers playing Ulster Hall, Belfast on Nov 6, £42. (1000 Capacity)
    Tickets for this special 2011 MTV EMA event at the Ulster Hall will go on sale on sale Saturday, October, 22nd at 9AM from The Ulster Hall Box Office ONLY. Tickets are £42.40 Sterling including booking fee and there will be a MAXIMUM 2 ticket limit per person.

Red Hot Chili Peppers playing Ulster Hall, Belfast on Nov 6, £42. (1000 Capacity)

I would go, but I'll more than likely be blowing a fortune this weekend on a Noel Gallagher ticket.

Still can't wait, 18 days and counting. RHCP welcome back to Ireland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Yep they did in Stockholm on the 12th;)

Impatiently waiting here for my tickets from CrowdSurge too :rolleyes: Anyone get them since?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Impatiently waiting here for my tickets from CrowdSurge too :rolleyes: Anyone get them since?[/Quote]

I'm waitin too for tix from crowd surge. Ticketmaster have sent theirs ages ago. Gettin to be a bit of a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Davywalsh, I was looking at their website and they say that they generally send out tickets 2-4 weeks before the gig. I think I'll give them a couple of days and then get on to them.

Advertisement