Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Is the Wednesday pre order only for O2 customers though? The Chili Peppers official site says tomorrow at 9am for the pre order code pre sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Did anyone buy the cd yesterday and get their pre-order code yet? I'm hoping it comes in the next few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

SB-08 wrote: »
    Is the Wednesday pre order only for O2 customers though? The Chili Peppers official site says tomorrow at 9am for the pre order code pre sale.

Yeah im on 02 and usually get a message about pre sales, but havent gotten one for this yet ... Has anyone else gotten it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

The fan pre-sale using the pre-order code is from tomorrow Tuesday at 9am.

The O2 pre-sale is a separate one from Wednesday morning.

Both pre-sales are for 48 hours from start date.

Btw they've extended the deadline to 8pm tonight for anyone that wants to pre-order the CD on Golden Discs site and get the pre-sale code.

"EXTENDED timeline for Golden Discs CD pre-order due to demand! Ireland fans please note: If you place a pre-order through www.GoldenDiscs.ie, the cut-off date will now be 8pm TONIGHT MONDAY 25th July 2011.
    The last Golden Discs pre-sale access codes will be sent tonight so you will have them in time for 9am pre-sale tomorrow Tuesday 26th July 2011."

"You can continue to Pre-order Digital Album here up until the pre-sale finishes Thursday 28th at 8.59am but please remember
    the album purchase entitles you to enter the pre-sale but does NOT guarantee that you will get a ticket.
    It is first come, first served - don't miss your chance!"

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/preorder

Just got my code there now. Delighted. Now the long wait till 9 tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

jmc wrote: »
    The fan pre-sale using the pre-order code is from tomorrow Tuesday at 9am.

The O2 pre-sale is a separate one from Wednesday morning.

Both pre-sales are for 48 hours from start date.

Okay, so if the fan pre-sale is still tomorrow, Tuesday @ 9am where will these tickets be available for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Heading to Manchester the day they're playing but myself and the boyfriend were thinking of seeing them on one of their other European dates so I'm not too disappointed, a nice weekend away in a different country isn't something to complain about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

From Ticketmaster:

"In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details".

Okay, as regards anti-touting measures, this is inching into Tom Waits territory.
    What does this mean for people paying cash over the counter? Are they going to be policed in the same manner?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

From Ticketmaster:

"In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details".

Okay, as regards anti-touting measures, this is inching into Tom Waits territory.
    What does this mean for people paying cash over the counter? Are they going to be policed in the same manner?

What about people who use someone else's card to pay? Can't see them letting someone take their card to a concert...

Well, exactly.
    It certainly means, for example, that if an eighteen year-old who doesn't yet have their own credit card wants to go, they will have to either (a) pay cash, or (b) use one of their parents' cards and then - as you say - bring that card on the night.

Unlike the Tom Waits debacle a few years ago where the person who bought the tickets had to present ID on the night to show that the tickets were theirs, it doesn't say that the cardholder has to be present at the RHCP gig, just that the person going to the show must be able to produce the relevant card and the accompanying confirmation e-mail.

It seems excessive though, considering a decent proportion of the band's fanbase won't have their own credit cards. And considering there's been so much talk on this very thread about presales, by that rationale, most people intend buying online with credit cards, and not opting for over-the-counter with cash.

I'd like to see them police this effectively on the night.
    Check tickets, check e-mail print-out, check name on card. It'll take ages.
    Doors: 4:00 PM
    Show: 8:00 PM

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement

Saaron wrote: »
    Okay, so if the fan pre-sale is still tomorrow, Tuesday @ 9am where will these tickets be available for sale?

Will be from official site www.redhotchilipeppers.com/tour
    Link goes live at 9am.

jmc wrote: »
    Will be from official site www.redhotchilipeppers.com/tour
    Link goes live at 9am.

Brilliant, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

What are the chances of getting these on ticketmaster online @ 9 o clock on friday morning?

edit: it doesnt say when they go on sale on ticketmaster, I really really do not want to miss this so any help would be appreciated. thanks.

It doesn't say when they go on sale on Ticketmaster. I really, really do not want to miss this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tickets on sale this Friday at 9:00, as per Ticketmaster home page. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think im gonna give the gig a miss . Since the last time i did'nt enjoy them and not paying €60/€70 to see the same. Also the new song is quite poor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

is it €60.45 for a standing ticket?

They've recently taken to charging more for standing than for the seats at the back of the hall. There's no breakdown of prices yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was €65 for standing, €70 for seats in the lower tier, and €60 for the seats up in the Gods.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wouldnt be surprised if the €70 is standing and then go back from there. Also i went to the ticketmast site and when i clicked on the RHCP link it came up with a seating layout plan , i presume that was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What are the chances of getting these on ticketmaster online @ 9 o clock on friday morning?

edit: it doesnt say when they go on sale on ticketmaster, I really really do not want to miss this so any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Buy them at a ticketmaster venue. That will reduce the chances of the sites crashing.

Anyone know can you use a laser card to buy the ticket tomorrow or does it have to be a credit card? I'm on my iPod so can't check it atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I take it the link provided for the pre sale in the morning will want us to enter credit card details manually as opposed to logging in to ticketmaster with ur account and just clicking purchase.anyone know this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone know can you use a laser card to buy the ticket tomorrow or does it have to be a credit card? I'm on my iPod so can't check it atm

Ticketmaster take laser

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Do ye think i'll have a fairly good chance of getting tickets tomorrow seeing as I've pre-ordered the album? I know there is no guarantee but a little reassurance would be great. I'll cry if i miss it :( haha

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Bridcork wrote: »
    Do ye think i'll have a fairly good chance of getting tickets tomorrow seeing as I've pre-ordered the album? I know there is no guarantee but a little reassurance would be great. I'll cry if i miss it :( haha

I'd say once you are on relatively early for the pre-sale you'll be laughing :)

Speaking of pre-sale, ordered the cd earlier but still no sign of pre-sale code.

How long did it take your codes to arrive lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

I wouldnt be surprised if the €70 is standing and then go back from there. Also i went to the ticketmast site and when i clicked on the RHCP link it came up with a seating layout plan , i presume that was a mistake

I really hope that it is a mistake....

Mr Teeny wrote: »

Speaking of pre-sale, ordered the cd earlier but still no sign of pre-sale code.

Was that through GoldenDiscs.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what site for the pre sale tics tomorrow guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Mr Teeny wrote: »

Thanks Mr Teeny, my code arrived within 24 hours. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

So will we be directed to ticketmaster via the official site in the morning? I hope so as TM take Laser and I have to get four tickets with two seperate codes, so I'll have to use a different card for each. I can get my mums Visa for one and use my Laser for the other transaction but if Laser isn't accepted on their official website I don't know what I'll do. :rolleyes:

Advertisement