Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I'm driving down and booked parking at the point on ticketmaster.

Anyone parked there before? whats the story with it? do i just bring the confirmation email?

Also if anyone sees Anthony Kiedis wandering around Dublin or anything could you tell him there is a girl from Donegal who NEEDS him to have Goodbye Hooray on the setlist. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

mop1 wrote: »
    Davywalsh, I was looking at their website and they say that they generally send out tickets 2-4 weeks before the gig. I think I'll give them a couple of days and then get on to them.

Yeano probs. I'll keep u posted if they arrive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

still no sign of mine from crowdsurge. longest ive ever waited for gig tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Really hope they get here soon! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Friday night booked off work! Can't ****ing wait aaaaahhahaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope I'm well enough to go!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Important Information
    In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7936346&ar=redhotchilipeppers&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Important Information
    In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7936346&ar=redhotchilipeppers&cat=all

Something like that should be announced before tickets go on sale. What if someone has sold their tickets, or bought tickets from a third-party, prior to this announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Something like that should be announced before tickets go on sale. What if someone has sold their tickets, or bought tickets from a third-party, prior to this announcement?

It was announced before they went on sale iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

baz2009 wrote: »
    It was announced before they went on sale iirc.

Yea it definitely was announced. Bit of a nuisance. I'be to bring my dads credit card up with me. Could be worse though I could be not going ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Does anyone know how strict this will be? I bought 2 tickets (from Crowdsurge) but cannot go anymore. I emailed them a few times but they were not helpful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

I just got an email from crowdsurge to say my tickets were dispatched on Friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

mop1 wrote: »
    I just got an email from crowdsurge to say my tickets were dispatched on Friday:D

ME TOO!! :D

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Saaron wrote: »
    ME TOO!! :D

Finally!

Me three!!!

This might be a silly question but are they coming via an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

Hey just wondering could anyone tell me if the tickets have any info usually not found on tickets for MCD events in the 02 or do they look any different ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

They look pretty similar afaics

Me three!!!

This might be a silly question but are they coming via an post?

Mine are coming by DHL, though I picked the option when booking the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Farmer poet

I'm buying tickets this week off another person. I won't have the buyers credit card with me at the gig.. Might have the booking reciept... What should I do? Can Ticketmaster/the 02 help me? :/ Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm buying tickets this week off another person. I won't have the buyers credit card with me at the gig.. Might have the booking reciept... What should I do? Can Ticketmaster/the 02 help me? :/ Any help would be appreciated!

I don't know really, the whole reason they are doing this is to stop people doing exactly what you're going to do. Maybe you could arrange to go into the o2 with that person since they will have the credit card??

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't know really, the whole reason they are doing this is to stop people doing exactly what you're going to do. Maybe you could arrange to go into the o2 with that person since they will have the credit card??
    No that couldn't happen...damn don't know what to do now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

Same thing happened to me - i bought tickets from a friend (at face value) who will be out of the country next weekend...

eventually got through to ticketmaster who said they will be very strict about it and advised me to not even attend as they wont accept receipts or anything other than actual ticket holder being present !!

what a waste of money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

lea26 wrote: »
    Eventually got through to ticketmaster who said they will be very strict about it and advised me to not even attend as they wont accept receipts or anything other than actual ticket holder being present!

I'd still turn up if I were you as with the amount of tickets trading hands on various websites there is going to be an awful lot of pressure put on the organisers to accept all valid tickets regardless of whether original cardholder is present.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

yeh i was thinking that !!

would be very disappointing to drive 3 hours and then get told no :mad:

might risk it - i told them i could have a receipt and proof of bank payment to ticketmaster and she said 'no wont do' - v annoying!

Will they really check 14,000 peoples credit cards??? Doubt theyd have the time. Maybe a spotcheck instead?

Lets go anyway, f*ck it....someone call Joe Duffy in the meantime :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

Have never been to the 02.

Will CrowdSurge tickets be checked differently from Ticketmaster tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

Just emailed them about it. Logistically they can't stop everyone, check ID's and credit cards. All I'll have is my Mams credit card. Ive used ticketmaster loads of times with that card, so Ive emailed them saying how can they validate not letting me in, even though Ive a history with this card.

Let you's know their response!!

How about I bring my birth cert to prove that it was my Mam's card :P

Yeah thats true that they gave prior warning etc, but I seen it after I bought the tickets. Plus, who has time to be reading warnings when their rushing to buy them at 9:00:01! ha

"If you can produce the credit card and ID with surname matching that on the ticket, you will have no trouble gaining access to the event
    These rules are in place by the promoter, not Ticketmaster and were clearly stated at time of purchase
    They have informed us exceptions will not be made"

So that means that I can just bring my mams credit card, with my own ID and then the tickets and Im sorted.

(I think).

Still though, its a very awkward way of doing things. Like, what if someone wanted to buy some1 the ticket 4 a birthday present or anything like that? Also, what about radio shows etc who give tickets away? Clearly none of that promotion can happen. I know its to stop touts, but its a bit unreasonable I think.

Also Ive realized I could be using my own laser card instead of nicking my Mam's credit card for the past 4 years. Damn it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Yeah but hold on people...

A lot of people, especially these days, do not have credit cards. No bank would give ya one lately either. So in order to buy a ticket online you have to use someones card then have to bring it with you to the concert? I often buy things for friends online when they have no card, but there's no way I would be handing my teenage brother my credit card to go to a concert!

It's ridiculous because if you buy four tickets, you only need to bring the card and id with you but then you could easily tout the other three tickets... it's a stupid rule that makes genuine fans panic and some won't buy second hand tickets in case they can't get in.

People get sick or people can't go for loads of reasons but you should be able to pass the ticket along for face value or lower. I totally don't agree with the touts but then you only have to look at Ebay/donedeal/gumtree etc to see that those websites are condoning this behavior. The sollution is to police the places that tout them. NOT punish the fans by making ticket sales difficult. Ticketmaster should also have a waiting list were people can return tickets if they can't go and people who genuinly want them can get on the list. (maybe this is already happening?)

Advertisement