Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I bought my tickets using my Mom's credit card, yet I won't be able to bring it with me on the day as she lives too far away.

I emailed Ticketmaster about this weeks ago and they said as long as I bring a copy of the credit card showing that her surname matches mine I should be okay. I'm going to print out that email and bring it with me just incase.

I have a photocopy of her credit card, my passport and the receipt for the tickets which actually shows they were shipped to my address which has my name on it and not my Mom's.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Mr.S wrote: »
    True, a lot of people don't have credit cards, but ticketmaster also accepts Laser and Visa debit (which are just current accounts, anyone can get them). Or you can get a pre-paid credit card from a lot of places. Or if all that fails, go to a ticketmaster outlet. they're everywhere now, most Centra's even have them.

What Ticketmaster usually do is accept tickets to be returned (if you get stick, can't go etc) and then release all the returned tickets for general sale nearer the event. So keep an eye out!)

Anyone who bought tickets off Crowdsurge can't use laser thus having to use a credit card. If they don't have a credit card then they have to borrow one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I vaguely remember another show that did this in The O2 (don't remember who it was), but I remember the huge ques as they checked through the tickets so I recommend leaving plenty of time before RHCP come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

I vaguely remember another show that did this in The O2 (don't remember who it was), but I remember the huge ques as they checked through the tickets so I recommend leaving plenty of time before RHCP come on.

Such hassle for the guys on the door.

And to the guy who is guna print out the email ticketmaster sent, smart move! Guna do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone had there crowdsurge tickets yet ? got the email saying they were posted last Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

True, a lot of people don't have credit cards, but ticketmaster also accepts Laser and Visa debit (which are just current accounts, anyone can get them). Or you can get a pre-paid credit card from a lot of places. Or if all that fails, go to a ticketmaster outlet. they're everywhere now, most Centra's even have them.

What Ticketmaster usually do is accept tickets to be returned (if you get stick, can't go etc) and then release all the returned tickets for general sale nearer the event. So keep an eye out!)

Ok, I get that you can pay cash or laser card for tickets too, but if you paid cash do you have to give them a name too? I just think the whole thing is a bit stupid. The fact that maybe only one in 2,3 or 4 people will have a name matching the card and then those 4 people have to go with you is beyond me. It's causing drama were there shouldn't be! I wouldn't be able to buy anyone a ticket for xmas or a birthday using a card. And that business of copying a credit card, thats ridiculous too!! The card could still be used if the number is printed on the sheet! It's unnessesary hastle.

If you have a ticket for a gig, you should be allowed in. If there are touts then punish the touts, not the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone had there crowdsurge tickets yet ? got the email saying they were posted last Friday

I got the same email and still waiting for my tickets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If you paid by cash at an outlet, you where asked for the name to be put on the ticket.

I paid by cash at an outlet.

I guess this means I'll need to show up on the night with my ticket, my receipt and the I.D I used on the day of general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Davexirl wrote: »
    I got the same email and still waiting for my tickets!!!

Yep me three.

My email had a tracking number thing in it and when i type it into the website it says it is in ireland today and yesterday it was in frankfurt! so i'm hoping i'll getting them tomorrow or friday.

What time is a good time to head there at? The last time i was at the point was to see the foo fighters in 2005!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

CrowdSurge sent me an email saying this:

"If the card holder cannot be present you will still need the payment card used and a letter of authority from the card holder allowing you to have the card."

I don't see why they wouldn't let people in as long as they can prove they didn't buy it off a tout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emmahenvey

Anyone have any idea what the story is gonna be with getting pit passes? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Anyone know if it's an over 18's gig?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I haven't seen a pit in the o2 in ages, i'm pretty sure they stopped doing them. Well. every gig i've been at hasn't had it.

Over 16's, -16 with parent/guardian.

Yea there is no pit , they have a small barrier that goes up the middle (but not very far) all standing gigs ive been to at the O2 have been like that , plus you will have a good view wherever you are standing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yea there is no pit , they have a small barrier that goes up the middle (but not very far) all standing gigs ive been to at the O2 have been like that , plus you will have a good view wherever you are standing

They had a pit at Green Day. I arrived late and was supposed to meet a friend, couldnt because he was in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Mine arrived this morning:D About time!!

mop1 wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning:D About time!!

Nice one, hopefully mine will be there when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Nice one, hopefully mine will be there when I get home

still waiting for mine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Davexirl wrote: »
    still waiting for mine!!!

Same as.

I got mine today from crowdsurge!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I got mine today from crowdsurge!!!

did they arrive by post or courier?
    still waiting for mine

• Advertisement

Got my tickets today form crowdsurge, roll on next Friday :cool:

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    did they arrive by post or courier?
    still waiting for mine

they came with an post but it was registered and had to sign for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

They better arrive tomorrow morning.

For anyone that got them from An Post, did they arrive with the rest of the morning post or were they sent separately? I'll be gone for a while tomorrow from 11 on so just want to know.

They better arrive tomorrow morning.

For anyone that got them from An Post, did they arrive with the rest of the morning post or were they sent separately? I'll be gone for a while tomorrow from 11 on so just want to know.

I only get one post per day and they arrived with the rest of the post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

CHILI PEPPERS JUNE 2012 - Croke Park WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well I didn't expect to wake up that news anyway. Delighted that they're coming back. May have to break the bank again to get to see them.

Got a notice from the postman saying he missed me when he called this morning. He never knocked loud enough. I was upstairs asleep :p. I'll head down in a bit now to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Really **** the way it's on a Tuesday :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Great to see the crowdsurge tics are finally starting to arrive but still no sign of mine :(

Anyone in the same boat?

Might send them a quick e-mail over the weekend to save me from attacking the postman come Tuesday :)

Great news about the June gig too. More cash I cant afford to spend :pac:

Advertisement