Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Only 3 days left to go.

It will be a great gig, just can't believe its the first time the Chili's have played here in 5 years:).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Following the recent release of their tenth studio album I’m With You earlier this year and a sold out UK arena tour, Kilimanjaro Live is proud to announce that Red Hot Chili Peppers will return to Britain in June to perform two massive open-air shows – their only UK dates of 2012. Red Hot Chili Peppers will take to the stage at Knebworth Park, Stevenage on Saturday 23rd June and Stadium of Light, Sunderland on Sunday 24th June 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Following the recent release of their tenth studio album I’m With You earlier this year and a sold out UK arena tour, Kilimanjaro Live is proud to announce that Red Hot Chili Peppers will return to Britain in June to perform two massive open-air shows – their only UK dates of 2012. Red Hot Chili Peppers will take to the stage at Knebworth Park, Stevenage on Saturday 23rd June and Stadium of Light, Sunderland on Sunday 24th June 2012.

Was it announced that the Stadium of Light and Knebworth will definitely be the Chili's only UK dates for 2012?

I'm surprised if thats the case, would've thought they'd be playing Wembley Stadium as I'm pretty sure they haven't headlined it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is a bus organised from Galway or Mayo to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and back.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

or does anyone know what time the show will be over at?

• Advertisement

^^^ To early to be talking about bus services tbh . Most gigs are over by 11/11.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Starting to get giddy about this now :D always wanted to see them in a small venue it should suit them perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Me too, what time do ya think people will start queuing at?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

zweton wrote: »

I'm staying at The Gibson so planning on getting a good seat at the hotel bar and then make my move before the queue's get too bad....I reckon people will make an effort to get in early but I've never encountered too many problems with large queue's at the O2 over the years. It's usually fairly efficient. Whether ticket and credit card checks will add time remains to be seen!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Not sure if this has been posted but this is the Setlist from their gig in Germany 2 weeks ago. Hoping for something similar enough in the o2!

1 Monarchy of Roses
    2 Dani California
    3 Charlie
    4 Look Around
    5 Otherside
    6 Throw Away Your Television
    (Flea Bass Intro)
    7 The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    8 Fire
    (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
    9 Pea
    (with outro)
    10 Can't Stop
    11 Organic Anti-Beat Box Band
    (Snippet)
    12 Police Station
    13 Me & My Friends
    14 She's Only 18
    15 Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    16 Californication
    17 By the Way
    Encore:
    18 Drum & Percussion Solo
    (Chad on percussion and Josh on drums)
    19 The Power Of Equality
    (First time live since 2007)
    20 Under the Bridge
    21 Give It Away
    (With Femi Kuti on sax)
    22 Final Jam
    (With Femi Kuti and Mauro)

What do we think?

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »

Is there a pit ? last time i was at the point there wasnt, but that was for Paul McCartney.

Not sure if this has been posted but this is the Setlist from their gig in Germany 2 weeks ago. Hoping for something similar enough in the o2!

1 Monarchy of Roses
    2 Dani California
    3 Charlie
    4 Look Around
    5 Otherside
    6 Throw Away Your Television
    (Flea Bass Intro)
    7 The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    8 Fire
    (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
    9 Pea
    (with outro)
    10 Can't Stop
    11 Organic Anti-Beat Box Band
    (Snippet)
    12 Police Station
    13 Me & My Friends
    14 She's Only 18
    15 Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    16 Californication
    17 By the Way
    Encore:
    18 Drum & Percussion Solo
    (Chad on percussion and Josh on drums)
    19 The Power Of Equality
    (First time live since 2007)
    20 Under the Bridge
    21 Give It Away
    (With Femi Kuti on sax)
    22 Final Jam
    (With Femi Kuti and Mauro)

What do we think?

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

I'm staying at The Gibson so planning on getting a good seat at the hotel bar and then make my move before the queue's get too bad....I reckon people will make an effort to get in early but I've never encountered too many problems with large queue's at the O2 over the years. It's usually fairly efficient. Whether ticket and credit card checks will add time remains to be seen!!!!

Are they really going to check the tickets with the booking form? and what if someone got the tickets for you as a present but will not be there on the night

I could see them doing random ticket checks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

threein99 wrote: »
    Starting to get giddy about this now :D always wanted to see them in a small venue it should suit them perfectly

The O2 a small venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

2 friends of mine bought their tickets off a place called "needaticket.ie" the day after the tickets were sold out. They never got their tickets and were told today their money will be refunded.

I knew from the second they bought off that site that they were making a mistake. Foolishness on their part too. Really need to be more wiser.

Guess Im going on my own now, although I dont overly mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm going on my own as well. I've waited far, far too long for this chance to not go because a friend pulled out.

Does anyone know if there'll be a pit there? If there is then I'll have to get there a bit earlier ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

The O2 a small venue?

For a band accustomed to stadiums....yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Farmer poet

Got tickets off a friend... Have purchase info/ confirmation e-mail so hopefully I'll get in !

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Any idea what time they'll be on stage at??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Got tickets off a friend... Have purchase info/ confirmation e-mail so hopefully I'll get in !

Just received this from Ticketmaster.ie

Please adhere to the Strict Anti-touting measures
    * When entering the venue valid ID (driving licence/passport) matching the surname on the tickets must be produced for inspection. Failure to provide this will result in not gaining entry to the event.
    * All tickets purchased within a booking must be presented together on entry.
    * Please note under 16's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The O2 a small venue?

Compared to the other venues I have seen them in, Phoenix Park, Landsdowne and Oxegen, the 02 is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Can't wait for this tomo and we just got tix for the one in Croke Park this morn with the pre-sale! Hope everyone has a great gig tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

Just received this from Ticketmaster.ie

Please adhere to the Strict Anti-touting measures
    * When entering the venue valid ID (driving licence/passport) matching the surname on the tickets must be produced for inspection. Failure to provide this will result in not gaining entry to the event.
    * All tickets purchased within a booking must be presented together on entry.
    * Please note under 16's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

I emailed them about this the second I got it. My brother got tix off my Mam for his birthday but she's divorced so has a different surname. It's an absolute joke that he's being punished for that. I said as much to ticketmaster who told me that there was 'nothing they could do'. I've also got onto MCD who said the same thing. We also asked for a refund and were told this couldn't be facilitated either. It's actually disgusting that they're punishing legitimate fans this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

What time are they due on stage at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Ruthieface wrote: »
    I emailed them about this the second I got it. My brother got tix off my Mam for his birthday but she's divorced so has a different surname. It's an absolute joke that he's being punished for that. I said as much to ticketmaster who told me that there was 'nothing they could do'. I've also got onto MCD who said the same thing. We also asked for a refund and were told this couldn't be facilitated either. It's actually disgusting that they're punishing legitimate fans this way.

Wait so the surname on the tickets has to match the credit card surname?

If they don't then you wont be allowed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

Essentially yes. I think they were trying to combat the problem of parents buying kids tickets etc by saying the surname has to be the same but my brothers isn't so we were basically told he can't be guaranteed entry.
    DMG_49 wrote: »
    Wait so the surname on the tickets has to match the credit card surname?

If they don't then you wont be allowed in?

KittyKat wrote: »
    Anyone have any problems purchasing tickets? :(

Its sold out, unless your trying to get second hand ones.

Which I think is a bad idea.

• Advertisement

Ruthieface wrote: »
    Essentially yes. I think they were trying to combat the problem of parents buying kids tickets etc by saying the surname has to be the same but my brothers isn't so we were basically told he can't be guaranteed entry.

I used my nans credit card to purchase two tickets, so her names on them.

If I bring her credit card and passport / driving licence will I be allowed in?

I will bring my own I.D which has the same address as the address on the ticket.

So clearly I bought the tickets for myself from day one. Not second hand and

just borrowed the card, hopefully they will see that.

Advertisement