Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

KittyKat wrote: »
    Nope just got them through ticketmaster just now. Delighted!!! :D

for tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

DMG_49 wrote: »
    Its sold out, unless your trying to get second hand ones.

Which I think is a bad idea.

Nope just got them through ticketmaster just now. Delighted!!! :D

Croke park gig presage by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If a friend bought tickets for me, in person not online, will I be alright getting in? I'll be with him going in so I presume I'll be grand. Also will I need i.d. even if it's under his name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Yeah thats what it is.

• Advertisement

If a friend bought tickets for me, in person not online, will I be alright getting in? I'll be with him going in so I presume I'll be grand. Also will I need i.d. even if it's under his name?

I can't see this being enforced. They won't have time or patience to check 12,000 ids. I reckon it's just to make people think twice before buying off touts.

Unless its something that the rhcp themselves asked for. Does anyone know if they've being do it elsewhere on this tour?

Yeah thats what it is.

That gig has its own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Nope

Yes. Cant wait!! 26th June. :)

Croke Park gig has it's own thread...This is for the O2 gig TOMORROW night!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

I used my nans credit card to purchase two tickets, so her names on them.

If I bring her credit card and passport / driving licence will I be allowed in?

I will bring my own I.D which has the same address as the address on the ticket.

So clearly I bought the tickets for myself from day one. Not second hand and

just borrowed the card, hopefully they will see that.

Well that's what we're doing so hopefully it should be ok, I'm counting on them not checking everybody cause 12,000 people is a hell of a lot like. But from my dealings with ticketmaster and MCD they seem to be pretty set on enforcing this stupid rule. All we can do is risk it I guess. Like realistically the venue will be very empty if they turn away everyone in this kind of situation.

• Advertisement

Croke Park gig has it's own thread...This is for the O2 gig TOMORROW night!!!!

God damn it, never read the date part on the thread. Sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

Its sold out, unless your trying to get second hand ones.

Which I think is a bad idea.

I think there are some tickets being sold on Ticketmaster at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Rossgorry wrote: »
    I think there are some tickets being sold on Ticketmaster at the moment.

No its absolutely 100% sold out.

Still can't believe I have a ticket, piece of gold dust it is.

Can't wait for tomorrow, I can hardly study or sleep:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I can't see this being enforced. They won't have time or patience to check 12,000 ids. I reckon it's just to make people think twice before buying off touts.

Unless its something that the rhcp themselves asked for. Does anyone know if they've being do it elsewhere on this tour?

It doesn't seem to be this way for the Croke Park gig so I'm guessing it's not they who enforced it. Unless it's solely for this tour, then I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

I'm guessing it would be near impossible to get tickets to tomorrow nights gig at this stage surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what time ye guys starting to queue at? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Saaron wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to be this way for the Croke Park gig so I'm guessing it's not they who enforced it. Unless it's solely for this tour, then I don't know.

Simply put, Croke Park capacity 82,300.

O2 capacity, approx 14,000, with standing on ground floor.

Therefore, much lower availability of tickets, extremely high demand which all equals ticket touting.

Croke Park simply won't have this issue due to high ticket availability!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Agh Im so excited I cant wait! :)

I know of 1 ticket goin, friend in Galway cant make it, but i dont suppose its any good to anyone if theyre gonna enforce this ticket touting thing?

What do we need, our tickets, the card used to book them, the confirmation and ID??

I really cant see them checkin every person?! I think Im gettin in to The Premium Club though, theres a seperate entrance, so maybe they will enforce it there coz there wont be that many?

I donyt know, but anyway, Ill be grand. Hope they accept student card or age cards as ID coz Ive lost my drivers licence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Saaron wrote: »

This is a good point because I think I heard this being discussed on the radio for another concert in the O2 which had this rule enforced. I think it was Justin Beiber . . . as you can imagine a lot of the concert goers didn't buy the tickets themselves so parents were ringing in concerned about what would happen when their child got to the door.

You would think this would be a ticketmaster policy to enforce - after all they are the ones that the touts are making money on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

suzie987 wrote: »
    You would think this would be a ticketmaster policy to enforce after all they are the ones that the touts are making money on!

The touts make money off the general public, Ticketmaster don't lose out on a single penny, they collect their booking fee of nearly 5 yoyo's off every single ticket sold, in reality they are the biggest thieves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Getting back to the actual Gig and Thread.. Any idea what time they're due on stage???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AndyD91

Ok so just to clarify....

I just printed out my 4 tickets (TICKETFAST) booked by credit card (4 A4 pages with a ticket and a load of ads on each page) My name is on all the tickets since im the cardholder though, this will be grand for me and the 3 im gonig with yes? Im bringing the card id receipt etc. (really cant be too careful for such a great band!!)

Also i recommend checking out fools gold (supporting act) if you get a chancce....suprise hotel is a good tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

zweton wrote: »
    what time ye guys starting to queue at? :)

About 6:30pm maybe a bit after. I learned last year that queuing early at the o2 is absolutely pointless. No matter when you get in you will still be able to get fairly close to the stage.
    What do we need, our tickets, the card used to book them, the confirmation and ID??
    Do we need the confirmation Email printout? Ill bring my id, my card and my ticket. This is bloody ridiculous, they're asking more than an airport would. Also do you think they would accept age cards. I dont want to bring my driving license and besides thats not the damn official I.D of the country so they wouldn't want to be asking for it specifically.

All their stupid rules are making me mad :mad:

I know its so annoying, Im so scared in case I forget something! Have no idea if we need the confirmation e mail or not but im bringing it anyway, better to be on the safe side!

I bet after all this we wont even get asked :rolleyes:

Ah well, It will be worth it, cant wait! Set list for Germany gig was pretty good, hopefully will be similar tomorrow nite! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

cocoshovel wrote: »
    No matter when you get in you will still be able to get fairly close to the stage.

Thats true, the same is for Croke Park. I got there for the Take That concert when the Pet Shop Boys were two songs in and I was still able to get close enough to the stage (about 23 people in front of me, which wasn't that bad).
    cocoshovel wrote: »
    I dont want to bring my driving license and besides thats not the damn official I.D of the country so they wouldn't want to be asking for it specifically.

All their stupid rules are making me mad mad.gif

I'm bringing my driving license and my passport. On the day of general sale I was at an outlet and they told us to use the same ID on the night. I used my licence for confirmation so I'll bring it along to be safe myself.
    Set list for Germany gig was pretty good, hopefully will be similar tomorrow nite! :D

I'd imagine there will be a few changes but it should be more or less the same and yes its quite good, glad they have Otherside in there:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

karaokeman wrote: »
    Thats true, the same is for Croke Park. I got there for the Take That concert when the Pet Shop Boys were two songs in and I was still able to get close enough to the stage (about 23 people in front of me, which wasn't that bad).

I'm bringing my driving license and my passport. On the day of general sale I was at an outlet and they told us to use the same ID on the night. I used my licence for confirmation so I'll bring it along to be safe myself.

I'd imagine there will be a few changes but it should be more or less the same and yes its quite good, glad they have Otherside in there:).

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What kind of pints do they sell in there and how much are they? If it's a poor choice and too expensive I might just have to resort to alternative means.

What kind of pints do they sell in there and how much are they? If it's a poor choice and too expensive I might just have to resort to alternative means.

Last time I was there (Iron Maiden over a year ago) it was Carlsberg and Guinness only, served in plastic cups. And the Guinness is poured in one go! I can't remember the exact price but it was something like €5 for the Guinness and €5.50 for the lager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

What are the age restrictions for buying drink in there?

One person told me it was 19 and another said 21 .

• Advertisement

Rossgorry wrote: »
    What are the age restrictions for buying drink in there?

One person told me it was 19 and another said 21 .

Its 21. Dont know how strictly the enforce it though. I think I may also be resorting to alternative means....

Advertisement