Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Rossgorry wrote: »
    What are the age restrictions for buying drink in there?

One person told me it was 19 and another said 21 .

I bought drink when I was 18 last year up near the front of the barrier. Didn't ID me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Last time I was there (Iron Maiden over a year ago) it was Carlsberg and Guinness only, served in plastic cups. And the Guinness is poured in one go! I can't remember the exact price but it was something like €5 for the Guinness and €5.50 for the lager.

**** that. Don't like either of them. Plan B it is then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

Not sure if this has been posted but this is the Setlist from their gig in Germany 2 weeks ago. Hoping for something similar enough in the o2!

1 Monarchy of Roses
    2 Dani California
    3 Charlie
    4 Look Around
    5 Otherside
    6 Throw Away Your Television
    (Flea Bass Intro)
    7 The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    8 Fire
    (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
    9 Pea
    (with outro)
    10 Can't Stop
    11 Organic Anti-Beat Box Band
    (Snippet)
    12 Police Station
    13 Me & My Friends
    14 She's Only 18
    15 Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    16 Californication
    17 By the Way
    Encore:
    18 Drum & Percussion Solo
    (Chad on percussion and Josh on drums)
    19 The Power Of Equality
    (First time live since 2007)
    20 Under the Bridge
    21 Give It Away
    (With Femi Kuti on sax)
    22 Final Jam
    (With Femi Kuti and Mauro)

What do we think?
    Hope they play this, I will be heading to it on my own because my sister couldn't get a ticket :(

All the big ones are on that set list. I'd love to hear Sir Psycho Sexy and Scar Tissue and The Zephyr Song. Pushing it asking for them three I'd say. I'd be happy if I heard Scar Tissue. That's in my top 3 Chili's songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

As long as they play "Otherside" and "Universally Speaking" I'll be happy:D

• Advertisement

Oh yea and they HAVE to play Can't Stop. I've been waiting years to see the live version of it. It looks unreal on the internet. The slow build up. Josh plays a vague few notes teasing you. Then all of a sudden it hits you and all hell breaks lose. Then you have Flea going crazy on stage and forgetting he has to play an instrument. Can't wait for tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i know the ticket says doors are at 6.30pm but wonder what time we can expect them to take the stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Everyone that's going, enjoy it tomorrow :D (Super jealous!)

who_ru wrote: »
    i know the ticket says doors are at 6.30pm but wonder what time we can expect them to take the stage?

Really rough guess here. I reckon Fools Gold will come on round 7.30 for an hour or so. That gives half an hour to set up the stage for the Chilis. Then, going by the set list above, 22 songs at an average of 5 minutes each, they'll be on for about 2 hours or so. All should be wrapped up by 11.30. Then again I haven't a clue really and I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Brendog wrote: »
    As long as they play "Otherside" and "Universally Speaking" I'll be happy:D
    All the big ones are on that set list. I'd love to hear Sir Psycho Sexy and Scar Tissue and The Zephyr Song. Pushing it asking for them three I'd say. I'd be happy if I heard Scar Tissue. That's in my top 3 Chili's songs.

I also love the Zephyr Song. Its my second favourite Chilis song next to my all-time favourite, which is and always will be Otherside.

Thankfully Otherside is a huge possibility for tonight and I'm really glad they've included it so early on in the setlist.

Zephyr Song actually hasn't been played in full since 2003. Anytime its played live its only a teaser so thats all we will get if we do get it.

I'd also love Brendan's Death Song to be there but for some reason they've only played it once live since the tour begun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

Really rough guess here. I reckon Fools Gold will come on round 7.30 for an hour or so. That gives half an hour to set up the stage for the Chilis. Then, going by the set list above, 22 songs at an average of 5 minutes each, they'll be on for about 2 hours or so. All should be wrapped up by 11.30. Then again I haven't a clue really and I'm only guessing.

They have to finish up by 11:00. Chilis will be on at half eightish. Fools Gold just after 7 for a 45 minute set.

Right in a bit of a pickle here. I can't seem to find any receipt that has my dads name on it for the credit card.

I've got an email that was sent the second I bought the tickets. It has the last 4 digits of the credit card. Would that do or do I need another sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I'm leaving soon now to drive down. Hope it all goes well and i make it!!!!

I hope they play goodbye hooray and sir psycho. But i'll be happy with anything really. love them all!!

Hope everyone has a good time!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

EXCITED!!! Dying to see what songs they play, hope they play some of their really old stuff :D

Saaron wrote: »
    EXCITED!!! Dying to see what songs they play, hope they play some of their really old stuff :D

Id love to see Police Helicopter. :D

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Id love to see Police Helicopter. :D

It's not quite as old-school as that but I'd love to hear "Fight Like a Brave".

It's not quite as old-school as that but I'd love to hear "Fight Like a Brave".

I was just listening to that as I read your comment. Love to hear that song, another one Id love is Stone Cold Bush. We're probably not going to get those but a man can dream :(. Ah I dont overly mind tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Right in a bit of a pickle here. I can't seem to find any receipt that has my dads name on it for the credit card.

I've got an email that was sent the second I bought the tickets. It has the last 4 digits of the credit card. Would that do or do I need another sheet?

I'd say that would do you fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

wonder where the band are staying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Setlits from the previous gigs look great - they seem to change it quite a bit. Not impressed with the new album apart from a few tracks so glad it' mainly the older tunes they are playing. Hoping for The otherside, Snow and Zephyr Song as well as all the obvious classics that will obviously be played.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

Getting excited now time to crack open the vodski :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can't wait! Gonna be whopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Monarchy of roses.
    By the way.
    Around the world.
    Factory of faith.
    Higher ground.
    Other side.
    Snow.
    Sir psyco.
    Power of equality.
    Californication.
    Give it away.
    Me and my friends.

Set list prediction ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

no otherside!!!!! I may cry myself to sleep tonight :'(:'(:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

i feel your pain, seemed like they were going through the motions, very meh overall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

zweton wrote: »
    i feel your pain, seemed like they were going through the motions, very meh overall!

I felt the same after the Phoenix park gig a few years back. So nothing's changed then?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Ha I thought that was class. They sounded brilliant and Klinghoffer is a worthy replacement for Frusciante after tonight. Scar tissue was immense! Roll on Croke Park!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Brilliant gig, Me and My Friends was my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I was expecting to hear these kind of comments. And yeah I can't say for sure regarding their previous Irish shows as tonight was my first Chilis gig but I have to say I was absolutely blown away tonight.

I heard all the rumours here and elsewhere that the RHCP are terrible live. Taken I'll never understand why people slate a lot of what I enjoy, tonight was a great gig. The third best I've ever been to out of the 18 (approximately) or so I have attended in the past 3 years.

I loved every minute of the show from when Chad turned up to when Keidis dedicated Under The Bridge to his son. The show had something to suit everyone. The first few songs were the most energetic, electrifying and lively. A lot of pushing, shoving and a lot of that s*** up where I was. Anthony had us all going from the moment they kicked into Monarchy of Roses.

Only thing that disappointed me really was the fact they didn't play Otherside (my favourite song of theirs) but everything else was perfect. All their tunes sounded so much better live than they would anyday listening to my iPod. And Around The World was played in the encore, I did not expect that:p.

So I guess while we can't all agree on everything I had a thriller of a night. 9.5/10 for me, waited many, many, many years to see the Chilis playing and it was well worth the wait.

Roll on Croker 26/06/2012;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Could anyone please post the actual Setlist they played tonight?

Advertisement