Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindle won't turn on!

• 22-07-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

My kindle has suddenly died on me. The battery is charged - when I turn the on switch the green light flickers and dies. Just getting ready to bring it on hols next week with vital reading material.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

I bought it in Currys in Carrickmines so presumably I should go straight back to them with it?

Help v much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Something similar happened to me two weeks ago - it was frozen on the last page, and the power light turned off instantly as soon as I pressed the switch, just like you.

Here's what I did: Hold the power switch to the right for a long time. At least forty seconds, maybe more. This performs a hard reset. The Kindle rebooted then and rebuilt the library (but it didn't lose any books).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ixoy is correct - you need to hold the one button for at least 15 seconds.
    The Kindle will take another possible minute to kick in but it will reset.
    Depending on the number of installed books, it can take some time to collate your collection fully - but it will do so.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

got mine yesterday and it worked fine last night. The battery seemed a bit slow charging up so I left it charging overnight. Now today it wont switch on at all - same as the OP and the people above.
    I've tried holding the power button to the right for ages but it doesn't seem to do a damn thing. The main page is showing the message "slide and release the power switch to wake" and a picture of Mark Twain, which i'm getting sick of looking at!
    Any ideas? Is there an actual reset button, like one you stick a pin into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

contact amazon. they are very good with support and will know all the tricks to try and get it working again, but if it turns out it's totally fecked they will send you out a replacement immediately without any quibbles and you won't even need to send your old one back until you get the new one.

they're very good with that kind of thing, it's hard to fault them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Well my battery ran very low while I was trying to contact Amazon, and that seemed to wake the thing up. So its working ok now. But now I'm a little concerned by the battery! How long should it take to fully charge your kindle?

EDIT: checked the site, 4 to 6 hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement