Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live when working on Ringsend Road

Options
  • 22-07-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

Start a job in the next month or so which is based on Ringsend Road. I currently live in Christchurch which would be about 40min walk or get the 77/77A bus straight to the door.

Would it be more suitable to continue living where I am or relocate closer to work? I require a parking space for the car and also living where I am currently is dead handy for getting out to the m50 on a Friday evening, only thing is that it's a fair walk to Ringsend Road.

Cheers

Cherrytaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think stay put. Depending on where in Christchurch and Ringsend Road, you could walk it a bit quicker.

You could sign up with Dublinbikes.ie with stations at High Street / Christchurch and Pearse Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Thanks for reply.

I am currently living right next to high street/christchurch bike station and work is located at the far end of Ringsend Road, just beside Shelbourne Greyhound track. I think it might be better to stay where I am

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, congrats on the job.
    cherrytaz wrote: »
    I currently live in Christchurch which would be about 40min walk or get the 77/77A bus straight to the door.
    You can also get the number 50, but it uses a different stop on Lord Edward Street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/50/

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Hi,

I'm not sure how well the dublin bike scheme would suit you as the nearest ones to Ringsend are either Mount street or Townsend street.

Also in a few weks no buses will go down to Ringsend garage. The 77 will become the 27 which will be cross city so the nearest stop for you will be at Pearse street garda station.

You could try getting the luas to Spencer dock and then walking accross the Samuel Beckett bridge.

MardiB wrote: »

Also in a few weks no buses will go down to Ringsend garage. The 77 will become the 27 which will be cross city so the nearest stop for you will be at Pearse street garda station.

That puts a spanner in the works, is this also the same for the 77A? The 77 and 77A would have been extremely handy and very frequent. Just had a look at the luas suggestion and its grand walking to the four courts but according to Google maps it is a 20 minute walk from spencer dock to Ringsend Road. Walking might just be my best option. Awful pity about the 77 changing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Hi,

I'm afraid so. It includes all the buses that currently go from Rindsend garage to Tallaght.

I don't think it would take you twenty minutes to walk from Spencer dock, that seems way too long.

If you have someplace to put your bike in work would you consider cycling? That would take you there in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Have you timed walking from where you live to where you work?

That would take me 25 minutes or so but I walk pretty quickly. I used to regularly walk to work from south lotts to the junction of thomas street and james street - so including your walk, and it took about 36 minutes.

You may find that the walk is do-able, good exercise and nicer than buses/waiting at bus stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

cycle

MardiB wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm afraid so. It includes all the buses that currently go from Rindsend garage to Tallaght.

Just seen this on the Dublin Bus website regarding the 77a which is appears will remain in operation and operate as a high frequency servce

"Route 77a will operate from Citywest to Ringsend Road via Killinarden, The Square, Old Bawn, Tymon Park, Walkinstown, Crumlin, Cork Street, Dame Street, Pearse Street. This will replace Route 50 and 65b in Citywest"

Hopefully this will remain the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

cherrytaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Start a job in the next month or so which is based on Ringsend Road. I currently live in Christchurch which would be about 40min walk or get the 77/77A bus straight to the door.

Would it be more suitable to continue living where I am or relocate closer to work? I require a parking space for the car and also living where I am currently is dead handy for getting out to the m50 on a Friday evening, only thing is that it's a fair walk to Ringsend Road.

Cheers

Cherrytaz

Get a bike. It'll be quick, easy and simple. And you'll save on bus fare...

• Advertisement
Advertisement