Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy birthday cake in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, looking for a cake for my mothers birthday, can someone recommend somewhere good in Dublin, have used Thunders before but their selection is not that great, always end up with the same thing for every occasion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

A friend of ours got the most amazing birthday cake in Brambles cafe in Jervis Shopping Centre for his 40th last year. It was absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

thanks, definitely wouldn't have thought of there. Keep the suggestions coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Depending on how much you want to spend, cake box in Dun Laoghaire do great novelty cakes.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Depending on how much you want to spend, cake box in Dun Laoghaire do great novelty cakes.

Not a whole lot and I was looking for somewhere preferably in the city centre or close-by like Drumcondra/Phibsboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Have you tried Clarkes Bakery in Phibsboro? Their cakes are very reasonably priced and delicious!!

• Advertisement

Have you tried Clarkes Bakery in Phibsboro? Their cakes are very reasonably priced and delicious!!

god dammit clarkes in Cabra, that's only up the road from me, always looks so nice but I've never been there, thanks will try it some other time!

In the end I just picked up a nice fresh cake in Annes Bakery in town, was yum, simple enough but I wasn't looking for a special birthday cake, usually dont like them anwyay.

Advertisement