Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bad cao decision

Options
  • 22-07-2011 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi
    my first choice is bus with french, unfortunately i dont want to do that course can i transfer to any college course in ul under my leavin cert points even if they are not in the cao

sorry if question sounds silly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Hey I'm pretty sure you can do an internal transfer in UL but it may take a while which may leave you having an extra exam/taking a semester out?By any chance do you want to change your mind to Business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Same happened to me I picked computer systems in UL and then transferred over to a different course but by the time I transferred over I was very far behind so I decided to drop out and come back a year later... So my advice to you is yes you can transfer over but do it as soon as possible when you enter into UL dont leave it too late like I did or youll have a lot of cathcing up to do...what alos happened me is they tell you to start going to your new classes but they dont make it "official" until the end of october I think and that means you dont get any emails from your new course lecturers until then its a pain like but as I said transfer over as soon as possible, speak to the education officer about it. best of luck with it any more questions about it feel free to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well as mentioned above, you will be able to transfer to business without any language with relative ease. I do business and german and have seen my course half in size over the past 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Heya,

You should contact Anne Hickey at Admissions for some advice on this. You never know though you might like BBS + French.

Have a look at the prospectus and contact the course director then give Anne a shout.

It's Anne.Hickey@ul.ie

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kickin king

thanks
    so say i select the major in accountancy does that mean i can follow on and do the qualified accountant exams
    sorrry iff question apears weird in any way,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement