Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi people,

I have a Nokia E63 and when I try to send a text to the north code (0044... and the other ones Ive read from the internet) it says " Invalid phone of message centre number, check the number" and I know that it is a valid phone number.. so does anyone know what I am to do?

BTW Im with three...

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

take the 0 of the person number i.e the persons number is 07744556677 would be 00447744556677

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bogger_92

take teh 0 of the person number i.e the persons number is 07744556677 would be 00447744556677

did that :confused:

its soo annoying... it worked on my old phone which met its end in a river.

I have no idea what is wrong :P

Bogger_92 wrote: »
    did that :confused:

its soo annoying... it worked on my old phone which met its end in a river.

I have no idea what is wrong :P

Must be the message centre for 3 try googling it or wait for a poster whos on 3 :D

I have checked my message centre, its right :(

Then you aint getting any nordie love texts my friend :pac:

Serioulsy though im boggled about this,are you bill or pay as you go?

• Advertisement

Dang... I guess she'll have to wait :P

I am too, I was up there a week ago, and before I went up it had the same problem, wouldnt send text messages to the north!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Try +44 instead of 0044 to see if this works.

What are the first few digits of the number? When UK mobiles changed to the current system, all of them had numbers starting 077, 078 and 079 (apart from the Isle of Man on 076). Now they have 075, 074 and possibly 073. Maybe the number is a newer one not on your mobile phone company's systems yet. Try contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

as above, just put a + at the beginning instead of the 00. that'll do it

tried the + as well... I think I am gonna just have to contact three and see what they have to say about it.

Advertisement