Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bessboro Records available from 1st August

Options
  • 23-07-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

On the Adoption Alliance website, I found the email addresses of all TD's, Ministers, etc and wrote to them all (about 150 in total).
    Some got back to me and offered to submit a parliamentary question on my behalf.
    I have got 2 replies (see below) that both say that the Bessboro files will be made available by the HSE from 1st August.

I think we have a result!!

Although it remains to be seen how many social workers will be available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ajbarrington

The HSE have confirmed that they are taking over the files although there has been some unknown last minute delay.

Very helpful social workers at the office that will be taking them over.

Regional Adoption Service, Páirc na gCrann, St. Stephen's Hospital, Sarsfield Court, Glanmire, Co.Cork. Tel: 021-4858650

HOWEVER, and its a BIG HOWEVER,.................there is a 2 year waiting list to get your case looked at by a social worker.

Yet another disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 m1988

Does this include the files Bessboro has from Castlepollard? My grandmother was born there in 1937 and because the files were in "limbo" we reached a dead end. She was fostered, not adopted so we already have her birthmother's name. Its very frustrating as if we could just get the name of her birthmother's homeplace it would be a major breakthrough for us!

Advertisement