Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virus maybe?

• 23-07-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

help please!
    running windows 7 os.
    i can boot up and log in ok in normal and safe mode.
    once logged in i cant run any programs or access anything. the loading icon comes up but nothing happens. when i try to shutdown it just hangs so i have to use the power button.

all this is the same in safe mode also.

does this sound like a virus?
    any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Have a look in task manager and see if anything odd is running?

Run Malwarebytes in safe mode.

See how you get on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭omega666

Have a look in task manager and see if anything odd is running?

Run Malwarebytes in safe mode.

See how you get on.....

thanks for the reply,
    I cant see anything odd in the task manager, I've closed down all processes i can running to the bare minimum.When i try to launch anything, i.e internet explorer, media player etc i can see the process starts up in task manager but the program dosnet launch on the screen and everything freezes up.
    At times even opening up window explorer or control panel freezes everything,

Ive downloaded the malwarebytes and will try running it tonight from an external harddrive but i dont think it will work, i think when i try run it, everthing will freeze up again/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

May not be virus related.
    Google "Windows 7 freeze" and you will see it is a common problem.

Advertisement