Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varanasi - where to stay?!

Options
  • 23-07-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Me and my boyfriend want to book 2 nights accommodation for between 1400 - 2000 rupees per night in Varanasi and we are finding it so hard to a) find a good place and b) find a place that let's you book online, any recommendations? Any advice at all is defffo appreciated!! Thanks ya'll!! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The only places that let you book online are the expensive ones. The best thing to do in India is follow a guidebook recommendation or just turn up and have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Also be careful in Varanassi, the touts can be particularly bad there ... I got into taxi, said where I wanted to go, then another guy jumps in and tries to get me to go to his hotel, enroute taxi man changes direction and takes me to this guys hotel despite my objections, after I got out and went on my own to find a place this tout followed me and went into hotels ahead of me ... suddenty everywhere I tried was full !!!

It can be very draining.

Advertisement