Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Courses??

Options
  • 23-07-2011 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I have my CAO courses down as:
    1. Psychology (through science)
    2. Psychology
    3. Biological and Biomedical sciences
    4. Arts
    All in Maynooth.

But I now think I want to do Arts and compete for Psychology if I don't get into the first two. In other words I don't want Biological and Biomedical sciences.

Is there any way that if I'm accepted into Bio and Biomed that I could change to arts? and would that mean my grant is out the window?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm not sure if you could change to arts, cos I don't know what that course entails. I changed to arts in 2nd year but I was able to do that cos I had done 2 arts subjects in 1st year that I was able to keep on in 2nd year. So maybe somebody else can help you with that?

Maybe do a PLC course for the year and reapply to CAO. No biggie :) Definitely don't do a course you wouldn't like anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'd say your best bet would be email them after the cao or when you start college in September if your not happy with your course and they usually do all they can to facilitate you. But if you're worried about it now maybe even get in contact with someone in the college, they'll know the procedure.

I changed course myself but not until after 1st year, that was a big mistake.

Advertisement