Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds in Temple Bar - Yay or Nay?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

nay for me boss...

• Site Banned Posts: 165 ✭✭narddog

Mickey Mac is a bit too classy for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

You're going beyond the remit of the Dublin City Forum now.

I'm not trying to drag this into a political debate whatsoever, but there was talks about the job boost etc so I commented on that. It really doesn't bother me who works there, I just pondered the value to the economy of 80 McDonalds jobs. Anywho, I hear you..

Back to topic, McDonalds has every right to be in Temple Bar. There's a Tesco, a big Centra, a couple of Charlies Chinese take-aways and plenty of other places that wouldn't exactly be considered palaces of culture, so I really don't get the furoe over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

dats_right wrote: »
    Surprised anybody is concerned by this. McDonalds would fit right in with the ambience and tone of the area.

Was gonna say the same, seems like a perfect pairing with these 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 e_m20

Was in Frankies this evening for a meal with the family. Have to say that the food and also the service were excellent. It is many years since I have come across any place with such friendly and pleasant staff. It seems that they know that a smile costs nothing. I was very disappointed when chatting with the Maitre D on the way out that the restaurant will be closing down in six months to make way for a McDonalds of all things. Surely there are enough of these in the area already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Keep the golden arches out of our cultural quarter?

Are you sh*tting me? Temple Bar is the biggest dump in the city centre for going out drinking. It's full of 20 or so bars in a tiny area, filled to the brim with tourists and in particular brittish hen and stag nights out, and from 11pm until 4am it's crawling with drunks falling over the street and littered and an absolute hole, with places open up to 2am or even 4am+ with 7 euro pints (at least during the boom) and full of fast food joints as it is.

Why wouldn't a big McDonalds be allowed? AND it should be allowed open as late as it wants, it doesn't need a licence... what's the point on the 12am rule? when the horde of drunks wont be falling out of all the bars? I smell a rat there, maybe some millionaires with local "influence" looking to prevent competition from a cheap, big brand fast food...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I find the 12oc stipulation a little odd as well.

Advertisement