Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAC "Pay Deposit" link missing

Options
  • 23-07-2011 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has has a similar problem and how they overcame it!

Basically, I had been given a conditional offer for a Masters in Maynooth. On the PAC website, I clicked accept when it was a conditional offer, and didn't pay the deposit. When I went back to pay the deposit (which was after they had received my results), I was greeted with the following message on the PAC application page:
    We are delighted that you have now been offered a place on this course for the academic year September 2011. To confirm your place, you should press the accept button and follow the links to pay the non-refundable €200 deposit.

However, the link to pay the €200 deposit had vanished. Anyone know what's happened? I don't want to miss out on the course because of something like this:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Duddy wrote: »
    Hey guys, wondering if anyone has has a similar problem and how they overcame it!

Basically, I had been given a conditional offer for a Masters in Maynooth. On the PAC website, I clicked accept when it was a conditional offer, and didn't pay the deposit. When I went back to pay the deposit (which was after they had received my results), I was greeted with the following message on the PAC application page:

However, the link to pay the €200 deposit had vanished. Anyone know what's happened? I don't want to miss out on the course because of something like this:(

Same happened to me for a different uni on PAC, get on the phone to Maynooth on Monday first thing to check, although I doubt thered be any problem, I was able to pay my deposit over the phone instead

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ring them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Hey Duddy, when I did it, the link from PAC took me directly to the nuim webservices thingy, where you get your results. One of the links on the left in there, 2nd from the bottom, is for "PAC deposit payments", which is where I paid the 200 squids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

thanks mickstubb, i had the same issues as stated above. did as you said.

Advertisement