Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Egan

Options
  • 23-07-2011 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

The son of Kingdom legend John Egan John Junior is playing for Ireland U19s in the Euros ko 17.00 on Eurosport today.

I had the great pleasure of meeting John Juniors parents while watching their son play for the Sunderland Academy team this season at the Academy of Light, lovely people.

Good luck to Ireland today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've never heard of either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've never heard of either of them.

You from Kerry ?

You from Kerry ?

Yep.

Yep.

You haven't heard of John Egan.

You taking the proverbial? I appreciate not everyone is into GAA, but would still have thought that names like Mick O'Dwyer, Pat Spillane, Mikey Sheehy, Paidi O'Sé, John Egan, Eoin "The Bomber Liston" were known by everyone round here...I just assumed EVERYONE knew them.

I don't mean the above to be a criticism. If you don't well maybe that says something good about you, instead of the slavish devotion of so many of your county men! I am just...surprised...

You haven't heard of John Egan.

You taking the proverbial? I appreciate not everyone is into GAA, but would still have thought that names like Mick O'Dwyer, Pat Spillane, Mikey Sheehy, Paidi O'Sé, John Egan, Eoin "The Bomber Liston" were known by everyone round here...I just assumed EVERYONE knew them.

I don't mean the above to be a criticism. If you don't well maybe that says something good about you, instead of the slavish devotion of so many of your county men! I am just...surprised...

I've heard of them, and even met a couple of them you'll be pleased to know.:P

I'll just have to add the Egans to the list, even though I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them.

My interest in the GAA is less than zero.

• Advertisement

I'll just have to add the Egans to the list, even though I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them.

You need a crash course then!

Okay, one of the great lines from the Bluffers Guide to Kerry GAA is "sure, Spillane and O'Shea get all the glory, and they were certainly great players, but watch Kerry's Golden Years and John Egan was up there with the best of them" ;)

This is getting complicated now, because I couldn't give a toss about soccer either.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

This is getting complicated now, because I couldn't give a toss about soccer either.:P

Why bother saying anything so?

sendit wrote: »
    Why bother saying anything so?

Why shouldn't I?

• Advertisement

Why shouldn't I?

If you have no interest in the subject why bother? Is your life that dull that you have to come and comment on things just to get your post count up?

If you have no interest in the subject why bother? Is your life that dull that you have to come and comment on things just to get your post count up?

I can comment on whatever I like. I often find that sports-fans get a bit upset when they find out that not everyone is in awe of the people involved in a particular sport.

I can comment on whatever I like. I often find that sports-fans get a bit upset when they find out that not everyone is in awe of the people involved in a particular sport.

Im sure you do since going by your 15,000 posts you have nothing better to be doing with yourself then posting on online foarms....

Im sure you do since going by your 15,000 posts you have nothing better to be doing with yourself then posting on online foarms....

I like to spread the love around to newcomers.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

John trained me in football for two years! Legend! Loved a pint of stout after!

I like to spread the love around to newcomers.:P

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

John Egan was one of the greatest forwards of all time imo.

Expressing a disinterest in a topic is as valid a contribution as expressing an undying love for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

How did they get on anyway?
    Im in Canada living at the moment but John Egan is a hero in our house (both parents are Kerry and proud) and he was best man for my dad.

Still love Kerry... even after beating us today!! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Expressing a disinterest in a topic is as valid a contribution as expressing an undying love for it.
    No it's not.
    If he wants to express he's hate for a Kerry legend then let him piss off and start his own thread and not rain on the parade here.

• Advertisement

Jul3s wrote: »
    No it's not.
    If he wants to express he's hate for a Kerry legend then let him piss off and start his own thread and not rain on the parade here.

Read the posts.

He has not expressed "he's (sic) hate" for John Egan. He said he didn't know of him. That is entirely different.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Read the posts.

He has not expressed "he's (sic) hate" for John Egan. He said he didn't know of him. That is entirely different.
    This maybe too much for you and ejmaztec to comprehend, but It amounts to the same thing, so quit trying to derail the thread and piss off and spread yer hate elsewhere.

This maybe too much for you and ejmaztec to comprehend, but It amounts to the same thing, so quit trying to derail the thread and piss off and spread yer hate elsewhere.

As Conor74 pointed out, I didn't say that I hated John Egan.

I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but you drew me back into it by mentioning my name in your "hateful" post.:eek:

:D

Request declined. I'll stay around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Lads knock it off ... what ages are ye! :mad:

Lads knock it off ... what ages are ye! :mad:

He started it Miss.:(

:pac:

:D

Request declined. I'll stay around.

If your aim in life is to come on an online foarm just to piss people off then you really need to get out more....

It is.

That's why I post angry messages around pub closing time, just like you! :p

How did they get on anyway?
    Im in Canada living at the moment but John Egan is a hero in our house (both parents are Kerry and proud) and he was best man for my dad.

Still love Kerry... even after beating us today!! :)

Ireland lost 5 0 to the winners of the eventual winners Spain so no disgrace there.

• Advertisement

It is.

That's why I post angry messages around pub closing time, just like you! :p

Yet another boards user who needs to get a life....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement