Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

21 years for mass murder of children

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

they where all kids in the ages from 12 to 20-21.:mad:
    And some names have been released,some even on television.
    One teacher was interviewed on telly yesterday,and i believe he lost 4-5 pupils in his class aged 12-13 years of age.

Yeah that's what I was thinking that the full details and ages have not all fully come out yet and why I mentioned it in the other post. There was a few adults shot too who tried to stop him.

There's no way he will be out in 21 years! They will do something or run sentences one after the other. There would be feicin uproar if he only got 21!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

WindSock wrote: »
    Aw, he's pretty.

This is really disturbing...

He's minging like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

What have the inadequecies Ireland's justice system got to do with criticising the leniency of the possible (probable?) sentence to be handed down to a mass murderer? Most of us know that we have our own house to get in order (it's not as if we are on our high horse advocating our own methods of dealing with criminals) but I think that fact that the norwegian system may only sentence someone, that malicously took the lives of some 100 innocent victims, to as little as 21 years imprisonment, then it leaves itself open to criticism. (that's about 0.2 years for each life taken).

Norway may have less murders per capita but who is to say that that's the result of a more efficient criminal justice system/policies that discourages violent crime rather than a result of other areas such as social policy or even economic policy or just differences in culture, people etc etc.

I can't see how leniency, at least in extreme cases like this, would be of benefit to anyone, other the the criminal of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

they where all kids in the ages from 12 to 20-21.:mad:
    And some names have been released,some even on television.
    One teacher was interviewed on telly yesterday,and i believe he lost 4-5 pupils in his class aged 12-13 years of age.
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Have they released all the names and ages yet?
    Article I just read listed out the names and details of two younger victims than that at 21 and 20.

I stand corrected. I could have swore the beeb stated the victims were aged between 23 and 60-something.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

People killed were aged between 16 - 60. Most been the younger group, of course.

I don't think people should be so hasty in thinking this man is going to get 21 years and suddenly be allowed out again. This man is spending the rest of his life behind bars, make no doubt about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Even if he will get out in 22 years, I doubt he will survive for more then 2 weeks. There alot of parents out there who lost theyr children. Or someone in jail will take care of him.

No wonder he just went and gave himself in. 21 year for 90 killed looks like a good deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Even if he will get out in 22 years, I doubt he will survive for more then 2 weeks. There alot of parents out there who lost theyr children. Or someone in jail will take care of him.

No wonder he just went and gave himself in. 21 year for 90 killed looks like a good deal...

He gave himself up because he's a narcissistic lunatic who wants to be splashed all over the world's media so he can proclaim his 'agenda'.

I never understand why people try to apply rationality to what motivates a person like Breivik. You can't apply a normal, law-abiding system of morals and values to a person like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

If you're a psychopathic lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

WindSock wrote: »
    Aw, he's pretty.
    Pretty???

I think he has something evil about him, (I think it's his eyes) He reminds me of Julian Sands (the guy from Warlock)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you're a psychopathic lunatic.

You right, captain Obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I stand corrected. I could have swore the beeb stated the victims were aged between 23 and 60-something.

Could be right too,cause their would be adults out there to with the kids.
    And i also heard that one policeman that was guarding the Island was one of the first victims.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

This thread fails so hard its defies logic.

Advertisement