Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like colour but don't like the themes

Options
  • 23-07-2011 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm a real admirer of tatoos from a colour point of view,love the way red,blue,green,black ink looks on the body,esp when combined with matching dress code/make up. However the frequently 'dark' design's don't appeal to me. Flower's and butterflys feel a bit more appropriate but still not sure if they'r me.

There's nothing I can think of with any real meaning to me,I want a tatoo for art's sake alone,so with that in mind can anyone suggest any topic's or gallerys to me?.

I love colour but also nostalgia,the 1980's,East Germany,old objects,much prefer an old house for example as they tend to have charachter.

So any thoughts to stimulate my brain?.

About 20 piercings but as of yet no tatoo:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

You could do a realistic colour sleeve based around photographs of East Berlin and 1980s Germany. Seriously - sometimes crazy ideas make the best finished work.

Louis Molloy (probably best known for 'London Ink' on TV) has turned out some quirky and unique sleeves over the years. I've always liked this one-

http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net/upload/1643616_R9a4QSfr_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks, that sounds really classy. I'm a retro freak,zx spectrum,original batman,1980's fashion magazines....

Since I posted actually thought of a compass,maybe with a map,representing my life on my lower back...maybe in black?...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Something retro themed could be cool ... A departure from the norm.

On the one hand I like classic tattoo motifs, but equally a tattoo that subverts them with more offbeat (even mundane) subject matter can be cool too.

Really it's down to you, and a matter of finding the right artist.

Advertisement