Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Sony

Options
  • 23-07-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I bought a Sony Blu-ray player "BDP-S383" about 3 weeks ago. When I inserted a movie, it went to the loading part and then the player shut itself off and back on (rebooted) and then the disc played normally. I then updated my firmware to the latest version that they have. I played a few more movies after this and they worked. Then last night I inserted another movie and again when it get's to the loading part the player rebooted again. I then tried the movie from the original night and it worked first time. So this is random.

I have also tried on numerous occasions, using there "Send an Email", but after entering all the relevant information and using the drop down boxes I get: "Sorry, there was an error with your submission".

Also when i click the "Phone Sony Support", i get taken to a FAQ Page and guess what no phone numbers.

Does anyone reading this know of there "Email address" and/or contact phone numbers for here in Ireland.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I bought a Sony Blu-ray player "BDP-S383" about 3 weeks ago. When I inserted a movie, it went to the loading part and then the player shut itself off and back on (rebooted) and then the disc played normally. I then updated my firmware to the latest version that they have. I played a few more movies after this and they worked. Then last night I inserted another movie and again when it get's to the loading part the player rebooted again. I then tried the movie from the original night and it worked first time. So this is random.

I have also tried on numerous occasions, using there "Send an Email", but after entering all the relevant information and using the drop down boxes I get: "Sorry, there was an error with your submission".

Also when i click the "Phone Sony Support", i get taken to a FAQ Page and guess what no phone numbers.

Does anyone reading this know of there "Email address" and/or contact phone numbers for here in Ireland.

Thanks.

Through no fault of yours the OS on the BDP has developed an error , I would take to back to where ever is purchased ASAP and ask for a for replacement ( inside 28 days )

Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Update:

Got this sorted, for anyone that has found this thread and has similar problem.

There is a fix:

In "System Settings / HDMI: Linked to TV-off", turn this feature to "OFF".
    In "System Settings / Control for HDMI" turn this feature to "OFF".

Basically, in the ON states, if I switch the TV off the bluray player turns OFF automatically. But my TV is made by Philips and the bluray player is Sony, my TV has this setting also but because there two different makes they don't work well with each other.

Advertisement