Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Ordering Payment Issues

Options
  • 23-07-2011 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I work for a small retail company and we have an online shopping facility. We recently added Realex as a payment option after finding PayPal was deterring customers; and we were of the understanding that transactions would be taken 'live'. However, it came to light yesterday that payments weren't been taken from customers because we were meant to manually batch the payments. (We were never informed first day of this method) Consequently, certain orders have expired yet the goods have been dispatched. What legal rights do we have to obtain money? I have not been able to obtain information on the web. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated as my boss wants me to contact these customers for payment, and I would like to know where we stand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Entrepreneurial & Business Management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

VMT wrote: »
    Hi, I work for a small retail company and we have an online shopping facility. We recently added Realex as a payment option after finding PayPal was deterring customers; and we were of the understanding that transactions would be taken 'live'. However, it came to light yesterday that payments weren't been taken from customers because we were meant to manually batch the payments. (We were never informed first day of this method) Consequently, certain orders have expired yet the goods have been dispatched. What legal rights do we have to obtain money? I have not been able to obtain information on the web. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated as my boss wants me to contact these customers for payment, and I would like to know where we stand.

This is actually a software problem at your end OP. I am set up with Realex and developed the software at my end for the business. When you pass transactional data to Realex from your website, there is line of code that deals specifically with how your payments are to be settled (either manually or automatically), called the AUTO_SETTLE_FLAG.

If it is set to a value of "1", all the batched transactions will be automatically settled at the end of the night on the Realex system when they are processed.

In your case, the value for this flag is set at "0" and this is the setting if you want to be able to manually settle your transactions through the Realex control panel.

You should ask a Mod to move this thread to the Software & Web Development forum as this is where it can be properly resolved for you.

PM me if you need any help fixing this, be careful if you post up any of your code on here that it doesn't contain any connection string data or any of your website domain info, passwords, etc.

EDIT: I meant to say that you can still manually settle these transactions through the Realex Admin control panel without having to contact your customers. Contact the Realex support folks on Monday morning and they can talk you through it, it's not something I've sever had to do as I've set all mine up to auto settle using the "1" flag above...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved on to Software & Web Development.

Advertisement