Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone advanced network?

• 23-07-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does anybody know if Vodafone are using Eircoms network for their Vodafone at home services. Is Vodafone Advanced Broadband the same as Eircom Next Generation Broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

sflandango wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Vodafone are using Eircoms network for their Vodafone at home services. Is Vodafone Advanced Broadband the same as Eircom Next Generation Broadband?

yes mostly, except where Voda use BT services, it is just resold eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sflandango

Lovely thanks mate. Im with Eircom now but Vodafone are offering the very same package for significantly cheaper. I have up to 8 meg Next Gen right now but my line can only manage 4.4 meg but I have that constantly with no drops in speed ever. So hopefully when I change to Vodafone on the same package the service will be exactly the same. Or at least thats a theory. Any advice on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

sflandango wrote: »
    Lovely thanks mate. Im with Eircom now but Vodafone are offering the very same package for significantly cheaper. I have up to 8 meg Next Gen right now but my line can only manage 4.4 meg but I have that constantly with no drops in speed ever. So hopefully when I change to Vodafone on the same package the service will be exactly the same. Or at least thats a theory. Any advice on this?

I've never had voda broadband but in theory it should be very similar to eircom as it uses the same lines. However I've heard bad luck stories about Voda but I'd leave Voda customers to comment on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Changed a month ago and no problems at all, was worried as had seen a lot of bad threads about vodafone.
    Be aware that in the month you change, unless you change on exactly the billing date, Eircom will charge you all your calls at normal rates, i.e. won't give you the bundle package.
    So if your bill date is 9th, then arrange for change to happen on 9th or as soon as poss after it. Ours changed on 7th and we lost the bundle pricing for the ful month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

im in a eircom ngb area, and just moved from vodafone to eircom.

vodafone are usless, the connection droped everyday connection speed varied, 48:1 contention, abysmal "tec support, was told the max my line cound take was 2 mb while on a 5 mb line and getting 4.5mb.

eircom, tec support, inital setup was actually a great experiance after dealing with vf, speeds now 4.5 mb constantly, no random line drops, no 48:1 conection, and 250 gb dl insted of vf 40g permonth, or 70g for 4€ as n addon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement