Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Chuggers - Getting Worse?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There were a SWARM of them yesterday around South KING Street working for Barnardos.. They were almost competing with each other with their smart remarks to the many passers by..

"Hey there hello.. Oh you have a lovely day too" (note sarcasm) etc..

Why can't they spread the fcuk out.. it was like they were getting a kick out of p1ssing people off..

Go die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Noopti wrote: »
    The ones that annoy me the most:
    * I see them the most on Grafton Street
    * They don't wear bibs, the only thing to identify them as chuggers is a small ID badge, usually clipped to their belt
    * They stand in front of you
    * If you walk by them they walk beside you spouting their inane sales pitch
    * They seem to work for some sort of alcoholics charity

Whatever about someone trying to shake your hand, these pricks are very annoying as they walk alongside you. The only way to get rid of them quickly is to tell them to f*ck off.

Oh oh, I know this one! The Hanley Centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Maybe someone could confirm what I am thinking..

I walk into and out of Dublin City Centre and on the way I can be approached by Concern chuggers in Rathmines, Camden St, Georges St and then anywhere between there and Henry St.

Its the same on the return. So in effect I can get approached by them 10+ times in a day and each time I say NO!

Now.. If a company was to cold call you on the phone or to your door 10 times a day it could be classed as harassment.
    If you have to tell someone more than 3 times that you are not interested it becomes pressure selling.

So to whom would I report these chuggers? Could I report them to the Garda?
    Because the way I look at it I am being harassed and pressure sold something from a company 10+ times a day every day nearly. And its not just Concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Also if one of them touched me could I have them done for assault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Walking through Trinity College today(I believe it's rag week or some other guff to give arts students something to do), someone approached me asking if I "wanted to save a life today?" I walked right through him and he said "you can ignore me, but you can't ignore these problems!". "Actually, I can", said I.

I really dislike the sarcastic responses you get from chuggers when you don't cooperate with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Walking through Trinity College today(I believe it's rag week or some other guff to give arts students something to do), someone approached me asking if I "wanted to save a life today?" I walked right through him and he said "you can ignore me, but you can't ignore these problems!". "Actually, I can", said I.

I really dislike the sarcastic responses you get from chuggers when you don't cooperate with them.

There's a weirdbeard bloke hanging round the arts block entrance selling DVDs for "a few cents"..i was intruiged so i asked him what was it all about. He told me he's made a film about microchips being inserted into people's bodies as part of some huge conspiracy.

So i bought one and told him i'd find it informative as i agreed with microchipping people as a means to keep tabs on,and ultimately control the population.

He just said "Thanks for sharing" and pissed off.:)

Advertisement