Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rathmullan donegal

Options
  • 23-07-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

headin up there for a few days next week. anyone know if its good for bass and macks???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

It's good for mackerel if you can manage to get a spot on the pier, can get quite crowded at times. As for bass, afraid not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

actually going fishing off the pier tomorow for the first time, few flat fish would be nice :)

I hear Dunfanaghy beach has bass? new to the area and sea fishing so im not too sure. Where would be a good spot for mullet? would love to catch one, supposed to be a very strong fish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Plenty of ray about the pier this weather.

Wouldn't be too hopeful of that to be honest, I have fished the area several times without success, that's not to say they cannot be got though.

I have never fished for mullet or even encountered one for that matter but I recall a former employee of the fish farm in fanad telling me they came across mullet regularly in mulroy bay on the carrigart side near woodquarter I think it was. How true this is I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Best place for Mullet is around the Downings peninsula, or at Port na Blagh. Rathmullan does get very busy in the evenings this time of year. Loads of small Pollock can be taken from front of the Pier. Ray can be got at night time occasionally, but most likely Dogfish will find your bait first.

My advice would be to have a drive around the area & find yourself a nice rock mark. Some decent spots around Fanad Head for example. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Best place for Mullet is around the Downings peninsula, or at Port na Blagh. Rathmullan does get very busy in the evenings this time of year. Loads of small Pollock can be taken from front of the Pier. Ray can be got at night time occasionally, but most likely Dogfish will find your bait first.

My advice would be to have a drive around the area & find yourself a nice rock mark. Some decent spots around Fanad Head for example. ;)

I was in Port na Blagh before, very nice place. would float fishing in the harbor with bread be the best option? with some bread as ground bait? coarse fishing tactics, the one thing im good at :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement