Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homeplugs killing internet

Options
  • 23-07-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

ok guys this is a little strange.

i have my modem down stairs and that is connected to a dlink dir615 router running dd-wrt.

one of the homeplugs are connected to the router down stairs

the other homeplug is connected to another d-link dir-615 routher up stairs that is setup as an repeater. this feeds my xbox and laptop when upstairs

when i max my connection out when downloading from upstairs either connected wired or wireless. it completely kills my internet connection around the house.

the homeplugs loose connection to each other.
    and the routers will not connect to the net.

until it plug everything out and back in again.

i am puzzled on this it does not happen if i am not connected through the homeplugs in some way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hold on, a repeater connects wirelessly to your orignal router and re-broadcasts that wireless signal. Are you saying you've also got it connected by a set of homeplugs? You cannot have both.

You need to set the second dd-wrt router as an access point and connect it to the first using the homeplugs, give it the same ssid and password, but use a channel far away from the other

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Hold on, a repeater connects wirelessly to your orignal router and re-broadcasts that wireless signal. Are you saying you've also got it connected by a set of homeplugs? You cannot have both.

You need to set the second dd-wrt router as an access point and connect it to the first using the homeplugs, give it the same ssid and password, but use a channel far away from the other

opps maybe i havent explained it 100% correctly but that i show i have it done.

the second router has the same ssid and password. and recieves its connection form the homeplugs.

the problem i getting is when maxing out my connection the honeplugs simply loose connection to each other which also takes down the rest of the network.

and i am unable to get an internet connection from either router

Advertisement