Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to download music legally?

Options
  • 23-07-2011 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Am on on the eircom musichub site and its 23 euro for 40 downloads a month-is that a good deal or are there better offers around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

I don't know alot of people who download music legally so I can't help you sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

You're see through mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

musicman96 wrote: »
    Best place to download music legally?
    http://tinyurl.com/3m3hdq5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

If you're looking to buy music legally then I'd always recommend just sticking with physical media. Better sound quality and no DRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

After Hours on Boards.ie of course!

Give me your credit card details and I'll set you up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Do you want to download records or CD's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I find my bedroom the best place to download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The radio. The trick is to stop the recording before the DJ starts talking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The radio. The trick is to stop the recording before the DJ starts talking again.

Old Skool:):)

Who downloads legally anyway? Methinks somebody(op) got a warning letter from Eircon.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I think Amazon do DRM free (although probably watermarked) MP3's Dunno if anyone does FLAC
    The-Rigger wrote: »

Most of the music they play on the radio nowadays isint worth the price of a blank tape

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was about to comment on the utterly useless answers that were being provided until I saw this and realised why they were here...
    biko wrote: »
    After Hours -> Music

To the thread starter: Check out Jamendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ctac

Eclub.tv for electronic music and live radio. especially convenient on mobile devices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

HypeMachine links to the blog that the song you are listening to is on, there's usually an mp3 there for you to download legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Mindkiller wrote: »
    If you're looking to buy music legally then I'd always recommend just sticking with physical media. Better sound quality and no DRM.

yea, i have to agree. I bought the new foo's album, as i dont actually physically own any of their albums. there is big differnece in the quality

Audio CDs aren't always DRM-free and most people can't tell the difference between audio CD output and MP3s encoded at a decent bit-rate or FLACs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Most people can't tell the difference but is it not better to just have that versatility anyway? I nearly always find CDs to be cheaper than what iTunes and Amazon would price. And I've never encountered a DRM-ed CD. I'm guessing they're extraordinarily rare.

What do iTunes sell mp3s in anyway? Is it 128kbps?

edit: nevermind, just checked. Its 256kbs on 'iTunes plus' but if you bought any 128kbs tracks before 2009 you have to pay to remove the DMR and upgrade the bitrate.

Most people can't tell the difference but is it not better to just have that versatility anyway?
    Fair point but for me all I do with any CDs I buy is rip them straight to MP3 anyway so versatility as it might apply to sound quality is immediately trumped by versatility as it applies to being able to stick the songs straight onto an external hard drive, my phone or my MP3 player.
    Mindkiller wrote:
    And I've never encountered a DRM-ed CD. I'm guessing they're extraordinarily rare.
    Far from it although apparently DRM-encumbered CDs haven't been sold since 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Record the music from YouTube videos, or get a programme that will extract the music from the videos for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Record the music from YouTube videos, or get a programme that will extract the music from the videos for you.

How do you do this???? Please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Advertisement