Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Dublin tonight!!!

Options
  • 23-07-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas of a good spot to head out in Dublin tonight or if anything was going on around the city tonight,Going out with the boyfriend but were just stuck for ideas of anywere good to go???any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I was out last night and had one of the worst/most annoying nights that I ever remember having out in Dublin City. Copper Face Jacks, avoid like you would a leper, it's a dump that's packed with absolute arsehóles...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

I was out last night and had one of the worst/most annoying nights that I ever remember having out in Dublin City. Copper Face Jacks, avoid like you would a leper, it's a dump that's packed with absolute arsehóles...

AH stop i wouldn be going back there in a hurry anyway, just havent been out in Dublin city in ages so havent a clue where i even wanna go thats decent, any suggestions at all would be great :)

jackiexx wrote: »
    AH stop i wouldn be going back there in a hurry anyway, just havent been out in Dublin city in ages so havent a clue where i even wanna go thats decent, any suggestions at all would be great :)

Same here, hadn't been out in Dublin in a year if not longer and was looking forward to it. I just went with the crowd I was with and that's as far as their imagination could take them. Having said that, I can't think of anywhere better, as it's been so long since I bothered with the town gig.

I think town is a load of bóllóx now after last night, 50 Euro in taxi fares, and 25 Euro for a round of 5 Heineken in Fitzsimons in Templebar, country is still an absolute and utter rip off run by pigs with their fingers in the greasy till...

Same here, hadn't been out in Dublin in a year if not longer and was looking forward to it. I just went with the crowd I was with and that's as far as their imagination could take them. Having said that, I can't think of anywhere better, as it's been so long since I bothered with the town gig.

I think town is a load of bóllóx now after last night, 50 Euro in taxi fares, and 25 Euro for a round of 5 Heineken in Fitzsimons in Templebar, country is still an absolute and utter rip off run by pigs with their fingers in the greasy till...

ah stop mental taxi prices thats why we rarely head into town and thats even before you have paid in anywere or got a drink,We plan 2 have a few before we get into town and get the bus in so we only have 2 pay taxi home at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Depends what you like Jackie? What type of music/atmosphere of a pub do you want?

The International Comedy club in The International bar is always good to start the night. Think its €12/8 in.

Ah, HFC! Fitzsimons in Templebar is one of the most expensive super bars in Dublin!!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, HFC! Fitzsimons in Templebar is one of the most expensive super bars in Dublin!!

Trust me to find myself in it lol! Am watching the thread to see where I should have headed, not being a townie! Have to say though, I'm going back to being a local man, town is crap...

Depends what you like Jackie? What type of music/atmosphere of a pub do you want?

The International Comedy club in The International bar is always good to start the night. Think its €12/8 in.

We just wanna have a bit of a laugh and few drinks was thinking maybe hit a night club but dunno where is the international comedy club sounds interesting:)

Trust me to find myself in it lol! Am watching the thread to see where I should have headed, not being a townie! Have to say though, I'm going back to being a local man, town is crap...

ya sometimes its just easier staying local,fingers crossed will find somewere good 2nite,finishing work here in an hour so hoping to have a few good suggestions by then :D

We just wanna have a bit of a laugh and few drinks was thinking maybe hit a night club but dunno where is the international comedy club sounds interesting:)

Oh a niteclub. Well depends again on your age, what type of music you like. I guess Dandelion or D2 if you're into chart hits, r n b etc.

Here's a link to the comedy club: http://www.theinternationalcomedyclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I think town is a load of bóllóx now
    You went to Temple bar and Copper Face Jacks - what are you, a tourist?

• Advertisement

People say that the crowds are airy fairy, pretensious and stuck up their own arses but I used to love Club 92 in Leopardstown Racecourse when I used to go there...

CiaranC wrote: »
    You went to Temple bar and Copper Face Jacks - what are you, a tourist?

No I was one person of a group of 5 who wasn't going to go wandering around on my own like a sap just because I thought the places they were going to head to were sh*te. Had I thought it through, I would not have bothered, but not having been in town for so long, I had forgotten how utterly crap all these places are...

oh! How about Howl At the Moon : http://www.howlatthemoon.ie/

I've only been once before, but its a huge place so getting a drink is easy enough, music was good and the security were really helpful.

Have to say, you would never think there was a recession at all going on in this country going by the crowds and the drinking I saw last night...

Have to say, you would never think there was a recession at all going on in this country going by the crowds and the drinking I saw last night...

But they're all tourists in Fitzsimons! :pac:

But they're all tourists in Fitzsimons! :pac:

And Coppers?!?

And Coppers?!?

You were in Fitzsimons and Coppers in the one night?! :eek: You need to get new friends!

Oh a niteclub. Well depends again on your age, what type of music you like. I guess Dandelion or D2 if you're into chart hits, r n b etc.

Here's a link to the comedy club: http://www.theinternationalcomedyclub.com/

thanks a mill for your help:)ye we are into all the latest music and r&b and anything reallyso maybe even a nite club suggestion for after the comedy club because that sounds good,And im 21,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The Garage in Temple Bar have €12 euro pitchers of Bulmers and Heineken, plus a nice cocktail menu:)

oh! How about Howl At the Moon : http://www.howlatthemoon.ie/

I've only been once before, but its a huge place so getting a drink is easy enough, music was good and the security were really helpful.

oh great iv heard its meant to be good alright never been do mite even give that a try,where is howl at the moon though im not sure??:)

• Advertisement

oh great iv heard its meant to be good alright never been do mite even give that a try,where is howl at the moon though im not sure??:)

Lower Mount Street. If you keeping walking down Nassau street, away from the city you'll get there, past Merrion Square. http://www.howlatthemoon.ie/contact/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Go to Andrews Lane Theatre tonight. 2-for-1 drinks and is a cool place.

Advertisement