Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMMO IN LIMERICK CITY??

Options
  • 23-07-2011 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a firearm dealer in the city,,the shooting/archery and fishing store seems to be gone and the owner Steve Normoyle has moved too,just selling fishing gear only in his new shop on Denmark stret, i got worms, is the name.
    is there anyone else????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

As far as I know there is no one in the city selling ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

guns4fun wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a firearm dealer in the city,,the shooting/archery and fishing store seems to be gone and the owner Steve Normoyle has moved too,just selling fishing gear only in his new shop on Denmark stret, i got worms, is the name.
    is there anyone else????

When you find one nearby, please advise. I used to get my stuff from the fishing-shooting store around the block from Nancy Blake's and Smyths - by the market.

What kind of ammo are you looking for? I know there's a lad that sells shot shells not too far from Clare but in Tipp. Probably a 30 minute ride. I never tried to get rifle ammo though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭guns4fun

FISMA wrote: »
    When you find one nearby, please advise. I used to get my stuff from the fishing-shooting store around the block from Nancy Blake's and Smyths - by the market.

What kind of ammo are you looking for? I know there's a lad that sells shot shells not too far from Clare but in Tipp. Probably a 30 minute ride. I never tried to get rifle ammo though.

I have no problem getting stuff,i go to ray samson in knocklong or kevin mc carthy in newmarketonfergus,was just wondering who is around limerick these days,,there is an opening for someone to open a proper shooting shop in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Nope - there's nobody else.

I tried ordering some from "I Got Worms" when it was at the market and he never actually bothered his (insert expletive) getting it for me.

Ended up ordering from The Lazy Dog.

Limerick city is useless for Ammo/Shooting gear supply - well for the legal people anyway!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

Aidan Hanley in Askeaton is a RFD. has ammo for all calibres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

is there anyone else????

fishing shooting still sells ammo, kieran is running the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

LB6 wrote: »

I tried ordering some from "I Got Worms" when it was at the market and he never actually bothered his (insert expletive) getting it for me.

Limerick city is useless for Ammo/Shooting gear supply - well for the legal people anyway!:rolleyes:

smart arse,:eek: you would know would'nt you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 love to shoot

Aidan Hanley in Askeaton is a RFD. has ammo for all calibres

dose he do centerfire pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No..But he[I got worms and his ex partner in the Milk Market] do a good line of of excuses for not having any or getting any in stock .:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    TBH Limerick city is a waste of space and time if you want anything firearms related.
    Its either Mallow,Listowel,Cashel,Galway,Knocklong,Askeaton, or Newmarket on Fergus[if you can ever get hold of him that is!:(] or order it in .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I don't go into town much these days unless I need to get a haircut or
    buy a magazine from easons or run out of ammo as I despise venturing into the city unless I have a specific reason to do so,

Is Kieran now running the shop by the Market on his own??

Passed by the shop in Ellen street and saw fishing/shooting & elcheapo airsoft on the window display I was about to walk in and ask if they sold ammo until I saw a familiar face and walked straight back out again. Nothing against the man he's a friendly chap, but would rather hear facts than fiction when I talk to someone.

~B

• Advertisement

bullets wrote: »
    would rather hear facts than fiction when I talk to someone.

~B

Thought I was the only one who felt like that. Had to buy a whistle for the springer there lately. Was like 40 questions, before I got a choice of the two tones! Wouldn't mind - but I already knew which pitch I needed :D

Is Kieran now running the shop by the Market on his own??

Yup,apprently he and the fellow who has worms had a falling out.:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Y... he and the fellow who has worms...:pac:
    You should dose him Grizz.

Sorry.

I just had to.

I'll epic fail myself and go into hiding now for sake of :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

dose he do centerfire pistol

I don't think so but can't say for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Thought I was the only one who felt like that. Had to buy a whistle for the springer there lately. Was like 40 questions, before I got a choice of the two tones! Wouldn't mind - but I already knew which pitch I needed :D
    you are not the only one by far,,nice fella but lives by the GETTING THEM IN TWO WEEKS rule.
    must take a look at what he and kieran have to offer.
    Is Kieran selling fishing gear or is it shooting and archery only???

daveob007 wrote: »
    you are not the only one by far,,nice fella but lives by the GETTING THEM IN TWO WEEKS rule.
    must take a look at what he and kieran have to offer.
    Is Kieran selling fishing gear or is it shooting and archery only???

Last time I was in there two weeks ago.He is/was doing a nice line in ladies handbags and shoes as well!:eek::eek:
    One wall that used to have the rods,waders and wellies etc,is now dedicated to what looks like a Gucci fashion display wall.

Now wether he is trying to tell us somthing subconciously about his peferences is open to suggestion.But purple sthilletos next to the rod&reel selection,and handbags next to the waders and wellies and bait fridge,just INMHO is NOT going to be a massive sucess as a fishing or gun shop model.:pac:SHEEESH!! And we used to have four decent gunshops in Limerick when I was growing up..:(

Fek Griz - why didn't you tell me that 2 weeks ago - I'd have looked lovely in purple stilettos at the game Fair. May go in and look and see what matching set I can pick up for Birr! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kieron walsh

is there anyone else????

yes kierons fishing at the milk market for the last 8 years ps steve was never the owner

kieron fishing at the milk market limerick city
    does legally

No..But he[I got worms and his ex partner in the Milk Market] do a good line of of excuses for not having any or getting any in stock .:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    TBH Limerick city is a waste of space and time if you want anything firearms related.
    Its either Mallow,Listowel,Cashel,Galway,Knocklong,Askeaton, or Newmarket on Fergus[if you can ever get hold of him that is!:(] or order it in .

kierons fishing SHOOTING archery store does no more 2 weeks
    thanks

• Advertisement

were in there last year looking for a price on bulk 22 ammo, number given "will contact ya monday" the guy failed to mention what monday in what decade. Bad way to do buisness

Last time I was in there two weeks ago.He is/was doing a nice line in ladies handbags and shoes as well!:eek::eek:
    One wall that used to have the rods,waders and wellies etc,is now dedicated to what looks like a Gucci fashion display wall.

Now wether he is trying to tell us somthing subconciously about his peferences is open to suggestion.But purple sthilletos next to the rod&reel selection,and handbags next to the waders and wellies and bait fridge,just INMHO is NOT going to be a massive sucess as a fishing or gun shop model.:pac:SHEEESH!! And we used to have four decent gunshops in Limerick when I was growing up..:(

i have not got in touch with the other side but my sales since my wife took over half my shop have doubled

90 euro per 1000 you may haggle

90 euro per 1000 you may haggle

€90 for 1000 Eley Match, can i hold you to that since that is what the quote was asked for?

homerhop wrote: »
    were in there last year looking for a price on bulk 22 ammo, number given "will contact ya monday" the guy failed to mention what monday in what decade. Bad way to do buisness

this was for cci standards per 1000 sorry for confusion
    winchester @ 65 per 1000 high vel.

Wouldn't put cci anywhere near any of my gear. :eek: It was Match that I was looking for at the time. :rolleyes:

So what would you quote now then for the 1k match? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 virgindrummer

this was for cci standards per 1000 sorry for confusion
    winchester @ 65 per 1000 high vel.

Glad to see you're getting stuff in at competitive prices. There's a few of us around North Tipp and Limerick that have been crying out for a handy, reliable and reasonable place to spend loads of money on ammo. Could you give some prices for .223? Specifically the Remington UMC 55 grain JHP? And prices for any Match grade 223 you can get, I want to group different brands for long range shooting and then bulk buy whatever gives the best results.

I've been in that shop a couple times and been told that they basically had no ammunition in stock. If you get it in and it's competitively priced, we'll buy it! Advertising on boards is a good idea, you might find that if you have good offers and it's mentioned here then stuff will fly off the shelves.

might be an idea to put up a page on FB and link it to all the shooters - you won't be long finding us via the NGB's

Prices on the page would be very handy too please!

Prices on the page would be very handy too please!

Back to a pet peeve of mine....heaven forbid that an Irish Trader may put prices up :eek: let alone what stock they have on a website-fb page. Ya might as well ask to look at their bank account.

Kieron fair play to you for coming on trying to drum up buisness, every little thing helps. Word of mouth among the shooting community is what a lot of lads go on and sadly some shops have got a very poor record on that front. A good dealer is badly needed in the city and you are going to have to pull out all the stops to build back up a name for your buisness. Info on what you have in store and prices be it on a website(yola site is a free page builder among others)or fb page, all you need is a digital camera. Returning calls also helps. Put yourself in the punters shoes and think of the kind of service you expect when buying anything and work from there. Wish you every success in your shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Popped into Kieron fishing shop the weekend glad to see Steve is gone to be honest, reckon Kieron will be a better man for a deal, I picked up a nice pop up hide at a fair price, cheers Kieron hope you sell loads of handbags and make room for more shooting gear.

Advertisement