Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMMO IN LIMERICK CITY??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

a few suggestions and constructive critiques from a long time customer
    1] As you and your ex busisnes partner Steve are more into fishing than shooting,would you consider just giving and employing the firearms side to somone more capable or intrested? Neither of you really have or had an intrest in this side of the busisness,or so it seems to come across??

Wether it is because of your location and the Gardai are being difficult about it,or whatever.You have a seriously underdeveloped busisness potential here.Your next compeition is either Newmarket on Fergus,Knocklong,Askeaton,or Nenagh,and you have a prime city centre location??Its a mortal sin thatyou arent doing more with this.

2] As you are supposedly the only restricted gun dealer in Limerick now,you are letting down your local custom pretty badly and we are all going to everyone else in Munster.You are losing money hand over foot as we ,or at least I am sick and tired of travelling all over the country to buy 9mm ammo.The excuses of needing 10k minimum orders,and everyones liscense copies needing to be sent to Henry st,the DOJ and wherever else by Steve is not on and made you the laughing stock of Munster.:(

It would be a great help to know if;
    1] You are actually a restricted gun dealer capable in dealing in restricted firearms and ammo???
    2]You are willing to sell said restricted guns and ammo?
    3] You are willing to order in for your customers restricted ammo,and if need be store it if it is in bulk over their liscense allowance ?
    4]What is exactly your procedure for ordering this??As under Steve it changed like the weather??
    5]Why do you never have any common deer calibre ammo in stock ??IE remington,etc??Even in deer season,which you can do no trouble as a restricted dealer??Or you are saying its the last box at some stupid price???Federal .308 at 80 euros???What is it Armour piercing??:eek:

This is not meant as a Dissing critique Kieron,but as trying to tell you you have got a good customer base in Limerick,but you are not serving them at all well.
    You are fine for .22 and shotgun ammo,clays and the odd intresting bit and bob.But there is more to shooting than just that.Especially us local pistol shooters,we need ammo,and have been in and out to you on this over the years,but we never seem to get anywhere with it.Everyone would rather shop local ,but if there isnt anything local supplying us ,how can we??:(
    Grizzly45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You are fine for .22 and shotgun ammo,clays and the odd intresting bit and bob.But there is more to shooting than just that.Especially us local pistol shooters,we need ammo,and have been in and out to you on this over the years,but we never seem to get anywhere with it.

And as a 22 shooter - rifle and pistol (funnily enough my pistol takes .22 as well :D ) - I have to disagree with that statement - he's not fine. I've never in all the years managed to be supplied by the store with the type of ammunition that I required.

But your suggestions are well put and good. Looking forward to hearing a response from them.

Best of luck Kieron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Its refreshing to see a dealer/shop owner come on and interact with punters and potential customers here.
    (I'm hoping he does not get offended by the feedback offense is not intended)

I'd like to see more of a Retailers side of things and the issues they face
    trying to keep a business open. Its very easy for us to complain but
    we might not see what difficulties retailers face just to stay open.

Last time I was talking to Steve I was talking to him for 20mins-30mins
    in that time not one Customer walked into the shop. And anything I came in looking for he did not have.

Last time I was in the shop at the Milkmarket it was very quite also for a
    Saturday morning.

I kind felt sorry that the business was not thriving would love to see the shops busy. There was a young lad in the shop with a laptop at the time.
    It struck me that Kieron could have an online store/webpage and be able to monitor it from the shop it might boost some sales.
    (I looked for a website for the shop but only thing I cold find was down)

I'm not a frequent shooter but have been buying my Rifle ammo any time
    I needed it from the shop in the Milk Market. When other dealers were selling ammo for 15-16 Euros a box it was 19? or 19.50? not sure which locally. which was a a bit more expensive than a lot of other places were charging. For Hornady brand. When I first started shooting Remington brand was cheaper than Hornady yet the price of both brands was still
    the same when one should have been cheaper than the other which it was
    in all the other shops I priced it in at the time. I dont really mind paying a little extra to support local business but there's a line where you have
    to question prices.

When I first bought my rifle (Steve at the time) was quoting me something
    like 600-650 for a CZ452 when I eventually bought for 490 elsewhere.
    I'd of loved to have given him the business but not with such a difference in price. Same when I went to buy my shot gun, all the other dealers were
    less expensive. When going to buy my first scope for my first rifle I was
    all set to buy from Steve and there was a scope for 300 Euros which I found elsewhere for over 100 Euros cheaper. While I would not mind paying 20-30 Euros more by supporting a local business 100 Euros of a price difference was a little much. So I ended up just getting a gun locker.
    (When I would have liked to have bought everything locally)

Last time I went halves with a friend to buy 1000 rounds of shotgun ammo
    we got it from the dealer in Drangan (60 odd miles away).

I've heard stories of people traveling 100-200 miles to get good deals on shotgun ammo, and as a friend says these dealers are doing great business in the middle of the country side from the side of their house or a shed out the back.

I would have thought a shop just a down the road from a city center would
    get far more business than someplace where someone has to travel to a different county.

I would much rather stroll into town on a Saturday and buy Locally and support or local retailers if the price was right and competitive with other dealers (for the same brands of ammo)

I've more recently dabbled in archery too. Both Steve's and Kieron's shops
    have some archery gear, but its kinda youth stuff or beginner equipment which is not much use to people that might be into the sport. That petron branded stuff from what I can tell from my very very limited knowledge is not he best. A small stock of Risers from Hoyt some limbs and small inexpensive things like Strings and sights etc would appeal to people into the sport (Theres a fair amount of folks out in UL shooting as well as field archers) Again anytime I talk to people into archery they choose to buy elsewhere due to price and lack of a selection of products they would use.

I'm hoping the shop in the Market will take off and do better.
    I'll happily give it all the business I can if the products are there to buy and
    the price is on par with what other places in Ireland are selling them for.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Where abouts in limerick is the shop? i only basically know william street, henry street :D

Also today rushing up to the bus station after getting off the other bus on william street i saw a shop i never saw before. airsoft&guns or airsoft guns. i was in too much of a rush to look properly. (and i still missed the bus:o)
    Is that all airsoft stuff in there? taught the guns bit might be firearms?
    saw some camo gear in there too.

garv123 wrote: »
    Where abouts in limerick is the shop? i only basically know william street, henry street :D

Also today rushing up to the bus station after getting off the other bus on william street i saw a shop i never saw before. airsoft&guns or airsoft guns. i was in too much of a rush to look properly. (and i still missed the bus:o)
    Is that all airsoft stuff in there? taught the guns bit might be firearms?
    saw some camo gear in there too.

Hopefully this link will work:
    http://maps.google.ie/?ll=52.663889,-8.622387&spn=0.001264,0.002245&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.663975,-8.622323&panoid=9LaYPYzCu0QeTpI9hRT8Kg&cbp=12,138.99,,0,8.81

The airsoft store you saw was this place:
    http://airsoftguns.ie/
    (which against all odd's appears to be doing well, so much so they moved
    to a bigger shop)

~B

• Advertisement

Link worked B. But to answer your other question. That airsoft shop used to be located in Foxes Bow. They moved out to William Street lately. Went in there last week-end to see if any of the air-soft holsters worked on the Pardini, but alas, No. Anyway, it's a well laid out shop and the lads are very nice to deal with. If I were them - I'd have put a bellring/entry on their door tho. You could spend a fortune in there if you were into the air-soft thing. As for the cammo, not really stuff for the genuine hunter.

LB6 wrote: »
    If I were them - I'd have put a bellring/entry on their door tho. You could spend a fortune in there if you were into the air-soft thing. As for the cammo, not really stuff for the genuine hunter.

Agreed about the bell entry! (I've not been into the new place yet) the two lads running the place seem to be doing ok.......I've spent a fortune. I reckon I've clocked up over 15k on "toys/replica/airsoft guns" since 2007. (Way easier than trying to collect de-acts)
    just to sit in the corner of a room so I can look at them :) Id easily have had a nice Real Rifle paid for a car and driving lessons and be happily shooting out to 1200m at midlands if I'd not wasted so much money on them over the years. :o
    If I ever get driving (2012 new years resolution) I'll eventually get a centerfire and treat myself to something nice)

Dunno about holsters but if your ever looking for Peli gun cases a Lad I know from Westbury
    sells some (dunno if prices are good or not for cases)
    http://mwairsoft.net/79-peli-products

~B

lol @ the expense of the sport. But it's a good one! :D

I've cases for gear I don't even have lol. Just need the holster for a specific discipline and if i can't get it - she's gonna be sold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

best of luck kieron,i am also a long time customer at your shop,20 years or more shooting atogether,used to shop in nestors or kearneys,,you should come on here and ask what we need,your are losing a fortune.
    have to agree with grizzly45 comments,,we need a decent gun/shooting shop in limerick..

LB6 wrote: »
    As for the cammo, not really stuff for the genuine hunter.

Its a nice shop and good luck to them with it.But selling cheesy Chinese ripoffs of tactical gear just doesnt do it for me.

911 Tactical??????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

hey guys, just to let ye know, there is a new tackle shop in croom, he is now after getting a licence to sell ammo, he seems to have a pretty big selection, i dont know anything about the stuff but just thought id let ye know, john who owns it is a really nice chap and is always willing to listen to advice, the name of it is "anglers curse", on the main street right across from the spar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

hey guys, just to let ye know, there is a new tackle shop in croom, he is now after getting a licence to sell ammo, he seems to have a pretty big selection, i dont know anything about the stuff but just thought id let ye know, john who owns it is a really nice chap and is always willing to listen to advice, the name of it is "anglers curse", on the main street right across from the spar shop.

cheers for that

I was out that way this morning dropping girls to school and passed by shop. Obviously closed at 8.10am lol. But anyway, the number on the sign above the door is 087 9809919 if anybody wants to call before driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

by the way lads, he has a new website just up the last week, anglerscurse.com i think, not much on it at the moment on the online shop but check it out anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

by the way lads, he has a new website just up the last week, anglerscurse.com i think, not much on it at the moment on the online shop but check it out anyways

Fair play and there are actually prices up on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 anglerscurse

homerhop wrote: »
    Fair play and there are actually prices up on it
    thank you for that note i have a good variety of cartridges available now in stock Eley which are English , remington are american R.C,s are italian and Diana;s are spanish all for game and express of course all available now and if i run out we can get more the next day or two.:)

Hi Anglerscurse.
    You planning be chance to do any restricted ammo as well?IE big calibre rifle and handgun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 anglerscurse

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hi Anglerscurse.
    You planning be chance to do any restricted ammo as well?IE big calibre rifle and handgun?
    Grizzly I'm restricted to .17 and .22 it's a nuisance

• Registered Users Posts: 28 virgindrummer

kierons fishing SHOOTING archery store does no more 2 weeks
    thanks

I popped in to Kieron just before x-mas as I needed to stock up on .223 match. He got me a price for 200 of my favourite flavour (Hornady 75g BTHP) that I was very happy with, so I told him to go ahead and order them. Maybe two days later I got a call from Kieron telling me my delicious bullets had come in!

So the service seems to have improved under the new ownership/management or whatever, so next time your buying give the dude a shout. I'd rather buy local, and now it seems we have a viable option. I was in a certain shop in Nenagh before Christmas too, and I swear, the price I was charged for bog standard Remmy .223 would have made the baby jesus cry. A man in Newmarket has stood me up several times I tried to buy hundreds of € of ammo from him (I take rejection badly for a guy who gets rejected a lot), so I guess Kieron will have my business for the next while!

Please to meet ya yesterday John!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Lb6 I will have the stingers tomorrow

If ya work out well for LB6's stingers ya may talk to me too on ammo for the .223

John - check yer PM

Lb6 I will have the stingers tomorrow

Thanks for that - I'll collect them next week. Price better be good! ;)

Advertisement