Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer Amy Winehouse has died

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Shinaynay wrote: »
    I'm actually smirking at the fact you think an adoption agency would hand over a child to a drug addict on the off chance that they might 'snap out' of their heroin/crack/whatever it was that week addiction.

Its so ridiculous!!

And remember! Her addictions could have only be some dreadful rumours and gossip, made up by the press.

We're not MD's like.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm actually smirking at the fact you think an adoption agency would hand over a child to a drug addict on the off chance that they might 'snap out' of their heroin/crack/whatever it was that week addiction.

The adoption laws in some countries aren't too stringent when it comes to track records. In this case we'll never find out as the tabloids apparently got it all wrong, and she's dead anyway.
    Sooopie wrote: »
    Its so ridiculous!!

And remember! Her addictions could have only be some dreadful rumours and gossip, made up by the press.

We're not MD's like.

Well the media got the adoption wrong, so who knows what else they got wrong?

I'll happily stick with my opinion, in the same way that you'll stick with your blinkered one.:D

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The adoption laws in some countries aren't too stringent when it comes to track records. In this case we'll never find out as the tabloids apparently got it all wrong, and she's dead anyway.

Well the media got the adoption wrong, so who knows what else they got wrong?

I'll happily stick with my opinion, in the same way that you'll stick with your blinkered one.:D

The only one "blinkered" around here is you.

Trying to play down Amy Winehouse's addictions as gossip and speculation is ridiculous. Both her parents were very open about how distraught they were over it & both have spoken to the media with regards to it. Also, the numourous shocking photographs, shambles of performances (as recent as a few weeks ago) tell another story. She had to have security to look after her at home for gods sakes.

And for you then, to say oh she might snap out of it if she adopted a child is so ridiculous, I actually can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Hypothetically, if the parents had agreed to the adoption I'm not sure if authorities need to be involved. This was obviously a situation whereby Amy said something like "Oh ma god, I would soo adopt you" and they got in afterwards looking for a quick buck for the story.

The only one "blinkered" around here is you.

Trying to play down Amy Winehouse's addictions as gossip and speculation is ridiculous. Both her parents were very open about how distraught they were over it & both have spoken to the media with regards to it. Also, the numourous shocking photographs, shambles of performances (as recent as a few weeks ago) tell another story. She had to have security to look after her at home for gods sakes.

And for you then, to say oh she might snap out of it if she adopted a child is so ridiculous, I actually can't believe it!

You can believe what you like, but I'll take my opinion based on real-life experience over yours anyday, because I've seen such scenarios happen.

Just keep thinking inside the box.:D

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You can believe what you like, but I'll take my opinion based on real-life experience over yours anyday, because I've seen such scenarios happen.

Just keep thinking inside the box.:D

And you keep spouting clap trap out of yours... :)

And you keep spouting clap trap out of yours... :)

This is a prime example of someone not thinking outside the box. The come-back would have been much better had you tried harder and been more imaginative.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I really don't think it's thinking "inside the box" to say that Amy Winehouse had serious issues looking after herself, I do think it's closed minded saying that bringing a kiddie into the equation would have magically fixed all of her problems. She knew the child, and she was still having drug/ alcohol/ emotional issues, her act wasn't any cleaner than it was before. Don't you think that if a child would have fixed things for her, then she would have snapped out of it before she died? She also had a goddaughter that she loved very much and that didn't make a difference either. I'm sure she had talked/ thought about/ wanted to have children but what woman of her age doesn't?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sooopie and Ejmaztec, less of the bickering please.

• Advertisement

I really don't think it's thinking "inside the box" to say that Amy Winehouse had serious issues looking after herself, I do think it's closed minded saying that bringing a kiddie into the equation would have magically fixed all of her problems. She knew the child, and she was still having drug/ alcohol/ emotional issues, her act wasn't any cleaner than it was before. Don't you think that if a child would have fixed things for her, then she would have snapped out of it before she died? She also had a goddaughter that she loved very much and that didn't make a difference either. I'm sure she had talked/ thought about/ wanted to have children but what woman of her age doesn't?

spot on

If "thinking inside the box" :rolleyes: is thinking that giving a person with serious addiction issues, drink, drugs etc. a child in the hope that they "snap out of it" is wrong, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

I agree .. I wouldnt suggest for a minute that this wasnt a caring woman, but I wouldnt trust her to mind my goldfish for a night, so I'm still dumbfounded by those who think there was a chance she'd be getting a kid.

I agree .. I wouldnt suggest for a minute that this wasnt a caring woman, but I wouldnt trust her to mind my goldfish for a night, so I'm still dumbfounded by those who think there was a chance she'd be getting a kid.

You gotta think outside the box Shinaynay... :D

Advertisement