Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse RIP

Options
  • 23-07-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in north London.

She was 27.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

RIP

Very very Sad.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

RIP

Only a matter of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

What a waste, shocking stuff, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RIP

Only a matter of time though.
    Saddly, yes.

Remember all those nasty "Is she dead, yet?" jokes that used to be doing the rounds about her. I hope those "comedians" are hanging their heads in shame.

Nothing funny about addiction. A dreadful waste of a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Remember all those nasty "Is she dead, yet?" jokes that used to be doing the rounds about her. I hope those "comedians" are hanging their heads in shame.
    I don't, brought it on herself.

Great singer but the woman was a mess and wouldn't get help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

RIP Amy

you will be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

There is a post in the After Hours thread saying that Sky News already had the archive footage ect prepared in advance for today. I'd take it at face value but I'm not that surprised tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not surprising in the least unfortunately, poor girl was a wreck.

R.I.P

Edit: That Jools Holland clip posted above must have been from around the Frank album ? She looked stunning there compared to what she became so sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Such a terrible shame. I always stuck up for her when people used to complain about her and call her talentless. I really thought she'd pull through this. It makes me feel very, very sad, as a lover of music, to see someone so talented go out so early. The legend will be secure now, but it really is such an awful waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I bet amy wished she went to rehab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Such a terrible shame. I always stuck up for her when people used to complain about her and call her talentless.

I didn't particularly like her as a person but there's no way anyone could call her talentless. She was a great singer and released some excellent music. She had loads of talent; such a shame it's gone to waste now. I was looking forward to her next album. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

waste of great talent and potential :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

She joins the 27 club. RIP, but on the weekend that's in it. this really pales into insignificance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She joins the 27 club. RIP, but on the weekend that's in it. this really pales into insignificance.
    You won't hear me disputing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

shes probabley better off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Ciaranmc2k10

RIP Amy,

As mentioned was a matter of time, she wouldn't get help for her addiction so we knew it was coming any time soon.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gnilhsa

R.I.P Amy.

Does anyone know how she died?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

RIP.
    Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

This shouldn't have happened. Fvcking heroin. RIP girl :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

A very sad end to what was ultimately a very sad life. Such wasted talent, she had a fantastic voice and stage presence, but her personal problems are, unfortunately, what people will remember her for.

Clearly she was troubled, her lyrics on Back To Black made that obvious. Instead of support, she was offered fame and all of the good and bad that comes with that. When the support did come, it was too late - she had been consumed and become reliant upon drink and drugs. She had changed, I'm sure of it. Fame is a mask that eats at the face, and never has there been a truer case of this.

I feel sorry for her, I do. It's such a horrible waste of a talented and smart person. I felt sure she would come back someday and wow us all again - maybe having seen the light and bandaged herself, licked her wounds and made herself better. But I guess she was beyond repair.

Fame, fame, fatal fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I bet amy wished she went to rehab

She did go to rehab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 verlona12

I liked her music, she had a great voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

I was very sad to hear this. I really did think she'd pull through eventually and I was looking forward to hearing how her next album would sound when she eventually did come through. There was a change in sound from Frank to Back to Black. I have to say I never liked Frank very much except for some of the live vids up on YouTube from that time but really liked Back to Black. Thought it was one of the best *albums* of the last few years. It's very rare I like a new album these days. Sad to see the older interviews around the time of Frank where she's really into it and really articulate about music and what she was expressing to then a few years later. Very sad. RIP Amy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭MOSSAD

Beautiful voice, beautiful girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Sad scenes at the funeral today.

Advertisement