Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor New Top Up Offers

Options
  • 23-07-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I went to top up online today to find a redesigned MyMeteor section. After browsing around I had a look at "My Offers" and found a list of new offers. All of them you can apply for and which seemed to have come into effect on the 21st of July.

I didn't see this advertised at all yet. The free texts for a fiver seems like a great deal. As does the Meteor Talk, Text and Internet for 20. Has anyone else heard of/applied for this?

Some of the offers give you better rates when topped up:
    Meteor wrote:
    You also get, better call and text rates to everyone when you top up €20 in one go every 30 days. Get anytime, any network calls for only 20c and any network texts for 10c.
    Meteor wrote:
    €5 Free Meteor Texts

€10 Free Meteor Talk

€20 Free Meteor Talk and Text

€20 Free Any Network Text

€20 Free Internet and Text

€20 Free Any Network Talk Evenings and Weekends

€20 Free Meteor Talk, Text and Internet

€20 Free Any Network Text and Internet

€30 All Talk Anytime

Edit: MyMeteor appears to be down now. It is possible they were updating the site for its launch on Monday. While looking for the T&C's of these new offers I stumbled upon an area in the Help and Support section called "Meteor Mighty Top Up Deals". I found the T&Cs for Meteor Mighty Top Up Game which seems to start on Monday. I suspect it'll all be launched then. So much for me topping up with €20 later can't apply for the new offer now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stevek101 wrote: »
    I didn't see this advertised at all yet.

You'll be glad you didn't, Naked Gym guy gave me the shivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sweet! Free texts to any network at any time and 1GB of data!?!? Savage! What am i missing here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sweet! Free texts to any network at any time and 1GB of data!?!? Savage! What am i missing here?
    Decent coverage :pac:

Seriously though, this will be most interesting to see how the other networks react. Meteor had become pretty uncompetitive lately but this will really put them back in the game.

Kensington wrote: »

Seriously though, this will be most interesting to see how the other networks react. Meteor had become pretty uncompetitive lately but this will really put them back in the game.

My coverage is usually great. Rarely have issues.

Should be interesting. I was about to switch to 3 to get a better data allowance, but not now. 1GB is exactly what i wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

My Mrs just topped up last night be EUR$20.
    How can she check if she's selected free texts to all nwks / free internet?
    She's really only using the free texts but this is a great bonus if we can use the topup for txt all nwks + free data! :D

I am using three EUR$20 + EUR$5 500Mb data pack.
    Coverage in Southside Dublin seems to be pretty good.
    What's the hierarchy of service quality on 3G networks in Dublin? Vodafone>02>three>Meteor/e?

Mrs is an expat and I'm the Aussie roaming Dublin with a sky blue Sydney FC cap; you will find me between Monkstown/Dun Laohaire and the phone shops! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

I topped up there after changing my plan. And when i check my data balance i now have 1020.06MB...it's in the terms somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Any of the plans in the first post that include Internet get a I GB allowance and 2c per mb thereafter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

I recently changed over to meteor prepaid after being with o2 for years and o2 rang me up to give me an offer of 50e free credit straight away as a incentive to switch back. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the rates are the same:

O2 said they'd match the free roaming (free to answer your phone) anywhere in the EU. To make a call is a 79c connection fee and 30c per min to Ireland.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I recently changed over to meteor prepaid after being with o2 for years and o2 rang me up to give me an offer of 50e free credit straight away as a incentive to switch back. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the rates are the same:

O2 said they'd match the free roaming (free to answer your phone) anywhere in the EU. To make a call is a 79c connection fee and 30c per min to Ireland.

Thanks

Meteor are cheaper. 29c a minute and 9c connection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I switched over to the Meteor to Meteor calls, texts and 1GB of data a month. Great stuff altogether, I just have no clue what I am going to do with the €20 credit now... :p

chrislad wrote: »
    Meteor are cheaper. 29c a minute and 9c connection fee.

Appear to be 20c a minute and 10c texts when topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lads, this looks great and all but what exactly is the rationale of offering both "Any network text for 20€" and also "free any network text and internet" for 20€ also? Or is it that while people are switching, both offers must exist concurrently? I've had a look through the terms and conditions and i cant seem to see any disadvantage to having the latter plan, it would be sneaky is they had increased the cost of calls to landlines, or costs for out of offer times..

Fair play to them too, if that "internet" really does mean 1gb. Up to now, they're PAYG free internet offers have only included a pretty miserly 256mb..

Kensington wrote: »

Still true to a small extent unfortunately. Been doin a bit of travelling around the country lately and you do notice it.... My phones is rubbish at picking up signals though, so that doesnt help, and that isnt really the networks fault.. Galaxy S btw.. :pac:

Zonda999 wrote:
    Lads, this looks great and all but what exactly is the rationale of offering both "Any network text for 20€" and also "free any network text and internet" for 20€ also? Or is it that while people are switching, both offers must exist concurrently? I've had a look through the terms and conditions and i cant seem to see any disadvantage to having the latter plan, it would be sneaky is they had increased the cost of calls to landlines, or costs for out of offer times..

I reckon the old packages have to exist users as they are in use. You accept the new T&C's when switching to a new package. Mind you they are pretty much the same FUP of 5000 minutes/text a month.

I decided to take the plunge but as you say its possible they could increase the out of bundle costs. I am sure we'll find out early tomorrow. Also a Free credit Competition seems to be taking place from tomorrow too, no purchase necessary.

I reckon the old packages have to exist users as they are in use. You accept the new T&C's when switching to a new package. Mind you they are pretty much the same FUP of 5000 minutes/text a month.

I decided to take the plunge but as you say its possible they could increase the out of bundle costs. I am sure we'll find out early tomorrow. Also a Free credit Competition seems to be taking place from tomorrow too, no purchase necessary.
    Yeah, no doubt there'll be a full fat advertising campaign publicising this from tomorrow..

I really hope it is a proper 1gb of data too. With 1gb, you could actually do half proper smartphone browsing, whereas with 256mb, you'd be almost restricted to just email sync.. Actually, scratch that, it says that its 1gb/month in black in white right there in the terms & conditions. Note there too thats its 1gb for both the "free meteor talk, text and internet" and the "free any network text and free internet" plans..

Definitely though, combined with the no European roaming charges lark, and these new offers, meteor is back on top of the PAYG offerings.. I've always though though, to a certain degree, a lot of these new PAYG offers are almost non applicable if you have a lot of friends on a certain network, meteor in my case. It would have to take something drastic to get me to switch because of that, so its nice to see these new offers coming through..

Appear to be 20c a minute and 10c texts when topped up.

He asked about roaming rates. Those are the current rates. While I assume they will go down to match the new rates, I've not heard anything about that. I must confirm actually.

Yep, and right there is the catch..

The "Free meteor talk, text and internet" and "Free any network text and internet" offers are available with only 20€/month top up until the 2nd of September, at which point, these will be 30€/month. Knew it was too good to be true.. :( Wish i hadn't seen this thread really..

Cant see myself wanting to up the monthly top up spend by 50% so i cant even see the point of changing plans, for just a month. And all thats assuming i can go back to my any network text for 20€ offer when the new offers revert to 30€/month. Presumably you can..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say when you opt out you can't opt back in, could be wrong but that's how those things usually work...

After a bit more looking around, looks like you'll be able to revert back alright, at least. Knowing meteor though, this may well be extended beyond that date. I really cant see many people (and especially not meteors market demographic..) wanting to spend an extra 10€/month in the long term, tbh...

Vodafone's offer is increasing in price on 1st of September as with Meteor to €30. It'll be interesting to see if they keep it at €20.

Since the old plans are still listed I'd imagine they'll fall back into the €20 category if the price increases on these new offers. They'd be mad not to offer free talk and text for €20.

Nope, credit offer is completely separate. You won't lose it unless you change tariff plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

the free calls to all networks for €30 would be handy if someone wanted to get rid of the landline, just a fiver more than line rental. i think it could really shake up 3 and maybe O2 but cant see the big red doing anything special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

dmn wrote: »
    the free calls to all networks for €30 would be handy if someone wanted to get rid of the landline, just a fiver more than line rental. i think it could really shake up 3 and maybe O2 but cant see the big red doing anything special.

Thats only useful if you have a good mix of use of all networks. For me 80% of my use is to one network. The other 20% I probably could reduce, as some of that I only ring because I know I have the credit (or its part of the plan) anyway. I make very few landline calls. I rarely spend more than the 20 my plan costs. If I move to something like O2 Golden sim, I could probably get away with a a few euro a month only.

So basically it depends on your use.

Advertisement