Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthquake Swarm (11000+) El Hierro, Canary Islands

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Well if weather BOMB doesn't kill them first :)

Give me a weather bomb any day, a 2000 foot wave and only three or four hours notice. There would be some crowd heading for carrauntohil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭914

Said I'd read it for the craic.

"Last week David Calvo, head of outreach at Involcan - the Canary Island Volcanology Institute said it is unlikely there is anything to worry about."

A sensational headline and they state further down, nothing is going to happen, unbelievable click bait

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sword1 wrote:
    Give me a weather bomb any day, a 2000 foot wave and only three or four hours notice. There would be some crowd heading for carrauntohil.

Carrauntohill? Surf's up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

914 wrote: »
    Said I'd read it for the craic.

"Last week David Calvo, head of outreach at Involcan - the Canary Island Volcanology Institute said it is unlikely there is anything to worry about."

A sensational headline and they state further down, nothing is going to happen, unbelievable click bait

We should start a poll on whether met Eireann should issue a red warning

😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Daily Express: FEARS as EARTHQUAKE APOCALYPSE heralds MASSIVE TSUNAMI that could ENGULF the United States!

They may as well just put the whole thing in caps really.

(As far as I know, they've not used this headline - yet!)

Interesting that they're all collected around what I assume is that chunk of island that fell into the sea some 300,000 years ago when said large tsunami actually happened. Was it explained why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement