Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap sleep in waterford

• 23-07-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Anyone know anywhere quite cheap to stay in, or very near, waterford city? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Rice House, Barrack Street.
    Travel Lodge
    Portree Guesthouse

or The Maryland. Just ask for Vinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

jimbojazz wrote: »
    or The Maryland. Just ask for Vinny.

Cheap? That place could cost you €50,000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

dayshah wrote: »
    Cheap? That place could cost you €50,000 :D

Not if you put a zip on it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Are you female? Giggidy.

Seriously though. As someone already mentioned. Rice guest house on barrack street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Try Hotels.ie

That should have been www.bookings.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

seanybiker wrote: »
    Rice guest house on barrack street.

I never stayed there of course, but I spoke to a couple who stayed there for the Tall Ships and they were happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dayshah wrote: »
    I never stayed there of course, but I spoke to a couple who stayed there for the Tall Ships and they were happy with it.

Stayed there a few times meself. Tis basic but that's all ya want really. They don't like when about 15 bikers skin up in there though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbs

Thanks guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 coc.k_sh!t_

Cheapest i found so far is
    Rice Guest house. prices gone down used to be 40 /night now its around 30ish. I stayed there a good few times. Basic, but clean and comfortable and they do agood breakfast.
    One thing, only minor, but the breakfast ladies are a bit unprofessional in their manner and over familiar with guests imo. anyone else stayed there??

Travel lodge: Certainly not cheap, by no stretch. €65/night f. that. And no brekkie either. I'd never staty there mate.

Maryland House: Believe it or believe it not, but i did staty there once maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Just with it in the news and all and i always thought it was a quirky if not wierd spot. I wandered in one evening and happeded to meet Vinny at the back of the bar. He was doing paperwork or summut and i asked him for B+B. Fine he says, €30.
    The place was like stepping back in time, nothing, not even the bedding i'd say has changed in 30 years, all very strange. I was nervous at first but everything was fine, though tthe TV was all fuzzy. Bed not tthat comfy. Bathroom a little grotty but acceptable. I went out and got takeaway chips and brought it to the room.
    I got a front door key for AH and was able to go in the side door, the one with the canopy. In the morning i met the woman on the stairs, she stared at me and said i had to check out by 12.00. That was a kinda strange experience. Had my brekkie and was gone. A good experience though i was glad i done it just for curiosity sake.
    I have tried booking in theretwice since, once just calling in like before, i met her and she said no vacancies. Another time about a year ago i phoned in to book but she said no vacanies. It seems she wants no-one there but good old vinnie still takes in customers. The whole place, the owners and the general experience is a little surreal and odd.
    Whats the story with that place anyway, is it really open or not - the door is always open but no-one ever inside. The bar was deserted apart from vinny and it has not had a redecoration in llike 30 years.
    It'd be worth trying it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Cheapest i found so far is
    Rice Guest house. prices gone down used to be 40 /night now its around 30ish. I stayed there a good few times. Basic, but clean and comfortable and they do agood breakfast.
    One thing, only minor, but the breakfast ladies are a bit unprofessional in their manner and over familiar with guests imo. anyone else stayed there??

Travel lodge: Certainly not cheap, by no stretch. €65/night f. that. And no brekkie either. I'd never staty there mate.

Maryland House: Believe it or believe it not, but i did staty there once maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Just with it in the news and all and i always thought it was a quirky if not wierd spot. I wandered in one evening and happeded to meet Vinny at the back of the bar. He was doing paperwork or summut and i asked him for B+B. Fine he says, €30.
    The place was like stepping back in time, nothing, not even the bedding i'd say has changed in 30 years, all very strange. I was nervous at first but everything was fine, though tthe TV was all fuzzy. Bed not tthat comfy. Bathroom a little grotty but acceptable. I went out and got takeaway chips and brought it to the room.
    I got a front door key for AH and was able to go in the side door, the one with the canopy. In the morning i met the woman on the stairs, she stared at me and said i had to check out by 12.00. That was a kinda strange experience. Had my brekkie and was gone. A good experience though i was glad i done it just for curiosity sake.
    I have tried booking in theretwice since, once just calling in like before, i met her and she said no vacancies. Another time about a year ago i phoned in to book but she said no vacanies. It seems she wants no-one there but good old vinnie still takes in customers. The whole place, the owners and the general experience is a little surreal and odd.
    Whats the story with that place anyway, is it really open or not - the door is always open but no-one ever inside. The bar was deserted apart from vinny and it has not had a redecoration in llike 30 years.
    It'd be worth trying it out though.

Great story there Willy [sic] !!.. enjoyed that piece about the Maryland :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement