Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Player Available

Options
  • 23-07-2011 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

19 years old. Looking for a group of folks to jam with or a band that getting off the ground to join. Don't really care about age. Gigging experience is very limited but have been getting professional lessons for the last year so my musical knowledge & ability sufficient enough to get me going! I'm based in blanchardstown and I dont drive so realistically I wouldnt be in a position to travel to areas further than the reach of convenient public transport routes. Musical influences are primarily David Bowie and Joy Division and others are Arcade Fire, Moby, Velvet Underground, The Doors....etc etc etc

Not that its really relevant or important but for anyone who may be interested, my equipment that I use is as follows.

Basses: Fender Precision USA, Rickenbacker 4003.
    Amp: Gallien Kruger Backline 110 combo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 risla

How yea im ina band looking for bass player. We have similar tastes think you would like it. We are getting a room in the city centre and have lots of material and ready to gig. drop us a line if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Do you have any samples of you playing anything with a decent degree of difficulty?

yea no prob could you send me an email and I will send you on some..

risla wrote: »
    yea no prob could you send me an email and I will send you on some..

Dude , I was talking to the bassist. I'm in the market for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SheLostControl

Do you have any samples of you playing anything with a decent degree of difficulty?

ehm no I dont but could easily make a vid and upload to my youtube account of me playing a song that you would deem reasonably challenging if you wanted.

• Advertisement

yea no pob we can get you down and have a jam see how it gos...

ehm no I dont but could easily make a vid and upload to my youtube account of me playing a song that you would deem reasonably challenging if you wanted.
    Either of these reasonably challenging?

yea if you can play something like that your would be fine...could you pm a email so I can send you sometracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SheLostControl

yeah both of them songs I would deem tricky enough just down to the speed of the rhythm. However they would definitely not be something that I would play in my spare time or be the type of music that I would listen to. Can I ask about the genre and style of the two of your bands?

Technical, progressive metal/rock. Basically just good musicianship. Sort of like Protest the Hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Folmhaim

Advertisement