Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky signal problem

• 23-07-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The third party installer is governed by Sky's rules regarding service calls for the first 12 months and seeing as you are still under a 12 month warranty the callout will be free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Same situation happened to me this morning when I turned on my tv. Only channel that I had was Sky Sports News. Just restarted the box and they all came back.
    Did you try shutting it off and then on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Well,,,it could be 2 things....

It could be the LNB..But as it's a shared dish,if your losing channels,no doubt others are as well.

If nobody else is losing channels,it could be your box.

But,,,as you only have it 3 months,your still covered,and any call-outs etc will be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

had this a few weeks ago & the problem turned out to be that id moved my cordless phone nearer the skybox.. i think modems can intefer with them too.. if you have anything near your sky box turn it off & see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Had something similar yesterday, same again today. Very hit and miss, sometimes comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not sure. The picture can go a bit fuzzy and conk out, then there's the 'no signal...' error. Then sometimes if you check the RTEs they can return quicker than the other channels, though not always, usually after the no signal message it says something a technical fault. Leave it for a while or start flicking through and it gets back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure. The picture can go a bit fuzzy and conk out, then there's the 'no signal...' error. Then sometimes if you check the RTEs they can return quicker than the other channels, though not always, usually after the no signal message it says something a technical fault. Leave it for a while or start flicking through and it gets back to normal.

Sounds like you need your equipment checked,loose cables or the dish is misaligned could be causing your signal problems.

Yeah, I don't think it's a deeper problem than that. This is on the standard box, not sure if the same thing is happening on the + one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

this might sound trivial but it happened to us, same situation, communal dish and we suddenly got "no satellite signal being received' on certain channels. turns out for us it was the cables connecting the wall sockets to the box.

we bought cheap ones when we moved and left the old cables in the old house..

and with the cheaper cables even when we screwed them tight to both ends by moving the cables we were able to make the channels appear and disappear. so we have just positioned them in a working position and intend (but havent gotten around to yet due to lack of issues since) to replace them with better ones to see if that fixes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

I had the exact same problem, and strangely dimming the lights caused the signal to go. Crazy I know!!! I replaced one of the cables, with one of the original cables I used for UPC & hey presto, signal returned & no more issues when dimming the lights! Get onto the installer & get them to install a higher grade, better insulated cable!

They're cutting corners by using cheap cables!

Advertisement