Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wan't to start Parkour and Free Running.

• 23-07-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Well I'm 15 years old and also showed intrest in the sport but everytime I try to do it my confidence just go's away and stop before I do it. I can climb up walls but I need like a door knob or something to be there and I've jumped of a 8foot wall and landed properly and done no damage so that's all I can do. Could anyone give me some pointers to improve my confidence when attemting it? Or just some stuff I can do to improve my skills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 0vertone

If your in need of confidence boosters then I'm fresh out but I will say one thing. Don't jump from an 8ft wall again!

I was in your exact same position in 2007. Went out with friends looking to do parkour and all we did for months was climb stuff.

After a while my knees started getting sore so I stopped. now I'm 22 and feel like I have the legs of an old man.

In France the yamikazi's make you condition for 2 whole years before they even let you attempt a vault. You may think your landing properly but I've yet too see one person outside of dun laoighre do it right.

I mention Dun laoighre because theres a parkour society run by a guy named Adam Hyland in IADT. He's trained briefly with the yamikazi's and knows his stuff. He's a good friend of mine for completely different reasons than parkour but he knows his stuff.

If your looking for some professional advice or even some pointers or if he'd let you join. Take a look for him in the socs page on IADT website.

He'll tell you straight out whether your cut out for it.

Advertisement