Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

L'Oreal Sublime Mousse home dye

• 23-07-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I just bought l'oreal sublime mousse in shade 53 radiant golden brown (my hair is a medium brown to start with) as it looks easy to use. My hair just needs to be freshened up and I want it to be nice and shiny as it is looking quite dull at the moment.

However I googled it when I got home (I really should have done this before hand) and the reviews have been very mixed verging on awful. I was wondering if anyone has used it, not sure I really want to risk it now or if anyone could recommend another mouse that might work better. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jinxlie

I have to agree with the reviews you have seen! I used it about a month ago and my hair is now in its worst condition ever. The advert is completely misleading - it is far more difficult to control than regular dye, it ran everywhere. I have very few grey hairs which it did not cover.
    I mentioned it to my hairdresser and she laughed at me, saying people are so gullible to believe that a mousse could possibly perform like a regular dye.
    My suggestion would be throw it in the bin or return it if possible and stick to your usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Scarlet 27

Ok well I was bored last night so figured I would give it a go and a least I could try and fix it today if it didn't work out.

As stated above my hair is a medium brown (but is a very dull brown naturally and I had some roots). I found the product easy to use and applied the mousse to my roots first and used any excess on my roots to try and ensure that the were covered as most of the reviews I have read have said it doesn't cover greys and roots. Thankfully it turned out ok for me. I was worried my hair might go very dark but it looks good. The colour definitely isn't as strong as if I had used a regular hair dye which I kind of like, it looks very natural (but I imagine it will fade much quicker than regular hair dye). There is a slight hint of red which I am not keen on but it is very mild. My hair isn't to dry thankfully because again a huge number of the reviews have stated that their hair was very dry after using it.

Overall I probably wouldn't recommend the product because of all the negative reviews I have read in particular the colour rarely matches the box and that your hair turns out very dry. I think perhaps I was just very lucky that it turned out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

I tried this a couple of weeks ago, I bought a medium blonde one as I read they turn out darker

Over all I was happy enough with it, my hair is fine and it did cover my greys, I think I will go back to my regular dye though

Just for the future anything with "golden" in the title will turn out a bit reddish, buy "ash" to avoid the red look ;)

Advertisement