Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Flash contest -- Ireland's highest temperature 25-31 July

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Nobody entered on the second late day, which means that the contest is now set. At 1400h I noticed an hourly report of 24 from Oak Park which gives a rough indication of where the contest value now sits. A more accurate reading will be posted later.

Oak Park reached 24.4 °C.

Others:

Casement 22.9, Dublin Airport 22.1

Meanwhile,

Connaught airport 15.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

9 people down so far. 1 person(Harr) on the ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Positions so far up to the 27th based on error in increments of 0.1c:

168786.jpg

The above chart does not take into account the penalty conditions that MTC has cruelly set down but for now, well done Harr!

Will update chart again should even higher temperatures be recorded up to and including Sunday.

PS, if there is anyone or anyone's guess missing off the chart just shout.

Edit: 28th July 2011 Shortened some names so as to be able to include all other names which were getting squeezed out of the chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

im missing from the chart i think... i guessed 25.5:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I think I'm missing too? I guessed 25.1 :)

• Advertisement

Hopefully your names should be on it now :) had to stretch the chart by about 3 miles as names were getting scrunched out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Don't think it's over yet, Saturday looks toasty.

Shouldn't I get an age discount? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

no age discount , your not old enough .. ;)

I'm missing . but maybe its down to space.. :D (same as nacho,)
    nice chart .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Positions so far up to the 27th based on error in increments of 0.1c:

The above chart does not take into account the penalty conditions that MTC has cruelly set down but for now, well done Harr!

Will update chart again should even higher temperatures be recorded up to and including Sunday.

PS, if there is anyone or anyone's guess missing off the chart just shout.
    Its not over yet,i could get pipped at the post i reckon Sunday could be my down fall:)

harr wrote: »
    Its not over yet,i could get pipped at the post i reckon Sunday could be my down fall:)

You made it though! Highest temperature recorded yesterday was 21.5c at Casement; highest recorded today Sunday was 20.1c at Dublin.

Well done Harr! :)

Edit: no adjustment needed in the chart above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

You made it though! Highest temperature recorded yesterday was 21.5c at Casement; highest recorded today Sunday was 20.1c at Dublin.

Well done Harr! :)

Edit: no adjustment needed in the chart above.
    A good guess :) Trust me to win a contest with no prize :p

This will become "official" when we have the monthly summary, just in case they report a different value for the monthly maximum (and it occurs in the last week). Meanwhile, there was a "prize" but you may have to wait until some time in 2012 to collect it.

These are the official standings then ...

1 .. Harr
    2 .. Michael Walsh
    3 .. 141_Oscar_Mike, darwin
    5 .. Danno*
    6 .. Traecy1
    7 .. pappyodaniel
    8 .. The Inquisitor
    9 .. robxxx7*
    10 .. AntiRip*
    11 .. fits*
    12 .. patneve2
    13 .. kevin12345
    14 .. MiNdGaM3
    15 .. snubbleste
    16 .. dexter647
    17 .. nilhg*
    18 .. Deep Easterly*
    19 .. No1J*
    20 .. everyone else

Congrats everyone on a top 20 finish.

(entries marked * were dropped three ranks due to late entry ... which proved a bit erratic so the scores after #1 and 2 are just for fun estimates ... but #1 and 2 were definitely the class of the field, and Danno tied for second without the late penalty).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Yay :D Im part of 'everyone else' lol.

Advertisement